Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Stick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought that I would share my latest drugstore find. Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Stick is amazing. I use it on my neck, hands and elbows.....it is so moisturizing and readily sinks in. Not to mention the yummy chocolate scent....which makes it tempting enough to eat!!!

This is a nice addition to my more expensive Janson-Beckett Alpha Derma CE and PSF products!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
That is so funny! I just bought one yesterday at Wild Oats. They had everything for beauty 25% off. I wanted to make the homemade lip balm. I haven't tried it yet, but now I really looking forward to it just plain too! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I have 3-4 sticks of this in my bedroom, bathroom and “laboratory”...I use it in my homemade lip balms, or even slather some of it straight on to my lips in an emergency, if none of my other lip balms are handy!

You’ve got to be careful with the cocoa butter sticks and read the ingredients because it’s only the bright yellow tube that is 100% pure CB with no other additives. All the rest mix in petroleum jelly or mineral oil, which aren’t necessarily bad, I just prefer the pure stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
that IS funny. just this eve i was looking at it to see if it was any different from a simple 'Yellow' Cocoa Butter Stick i found few weeks ago at cvs. they look the same, feel and smell the same (if not for a label).

love this stuff - it really saved my lips. normally this time of the year they will be so dry from all the recycled air in the office building. but now that i found Cocoa Butter - my lips are sooooo soft.

so cheap and so much better than all those lips balms in fancy packaging that cost $$

i use it before going to bed and also under lipstick/lipgloss. thought that 'butter' will make them fade fast, but it is just the opposite - they seem to last longer. nice touch Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Where can you find this, CVS or Walgreens?
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
try CVS, Rite-Aid, Walmart

not every store carries the same brands.
ex. of the 3 walgreens around here only one carries milani brand.

look for 'Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Stick" or "The Yellow Stick" (which looks exactly like it)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
bkurant wrote:

look for 'Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Stick" or "The Yellow Stick" (which looks exactly like it)
In the skincare aisle -- my Walgreens has a bucket of the "yellow sticks" on the bottom shelf near the body lotion and depilitory creams....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
bkurant wrote:

In the skincare aisle -- my Walgreens has a bucket of the "yellow sticks" on the bottom shelf near the body lotion and depilitory creams....

Thanks! I don't know why sometimes they put things in odd places and I end up walking all over Walgreens before I find it (like the Burt's Bees lip shimmers they're always moving around Rolling Eyes ), but I'm glad to know this one is with the lotions where it belongs.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just got one at my CVS. It was on sale for 99 cents and there was only one left.

Thanks I wouldn't have seen it!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I just got one at my CVS. It was on sale for 99 cents and there was only one left.

Thanks I wouldn't have seen it!

with a CVS card...they are more like 74 cents!! I'm such the big spender, I bought 2!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for recommending this. I've only been using it for a couple days but the chapping on my hands is much better. What I like best is that it isn't greasy like creams or vaseline so I can apply it often at work even when I'm working with papers. This is a gem I would never have thought of. I also like the chocolaty smell.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. The Cocoa Butter Stick sounds good too. Do they carry that in Canada?
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick.. it's amazing!
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Queen Helene's Mint Julep masque so when I saw this at the drugstore I bought it. Very good to use on the lips or any where with dry skin. Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |