Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
dewy foundation ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
HIi!

I want to find a foundation that gives a dewy finish. I know Chanel's Vitalumiere creates a nice dewy finish... but it is too rich for my skintype.. in fact, i find all foundation with a dewy finish targeted at people with dry skin

do you guys know any foundation that gives a dewy finish and is appropriate for combonation skin...

OR

do you guys know how to create a dewy finish with other products to put ON TOP of my regular foundation?

THANKS!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
oh and one more thing...

I've been steering myself away from mineral makeup (even though i've heard tonnes of good things about it) because i have set a mindset that mineral makeup gives a very matte finish (non dewy)

please correct me if i'm wrong
and please tell me if there's a way to create dewy look with mineral make up...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like a dewy finish and finally found it with MAC's Moistureblend foundation. It is a very light creme. It applies flawlessly with MAC's foundation brush and feels very nourishing to the skin, but not greasy. I find that a light application of MAC's bronzer after I apply the foundation really enhances the dewy effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
You're going to think I'm crazy but I take my Covergirl Trublend and add the slightest bit of that Jergen's Gold Shimmer Body Lotion to it. It adds a touch of moisture and the shimmer makes the finish just slightly "dewy"...
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Never would have thought of that! I know I am going to try it now, and I even have the shimmer lotion. I bet it is easy to over-do?

I also found a nice "glow" when I used Revlon Skinlights (super discounted on the Clearance aisle at Target -- but I am glad I decided to try it...) It looks pink in your palm, but just gives a little flush and sparkle....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
MAC cosmetics has a product called Strobe Cream that gives a nice dewy, glowy look to the skin. It can be used under or over your foundation, depending on how subtle you like it. It contains no glitter or obvious shimmer like alot of luminizers do; just a nice soft sheen. I use just a little on my cheeks and browbone. Also, I sometimes mix a little loose shimmer powder (I use samples I have from Pure Luxe and Becca's Loose Shimmer Powder) with a little of my daytime moisturizer and apply on those parts of my face where I like a nice glow. Any finely milled shimmer powder would probably work well.HTH Very Happy
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't want a sparkly look then what I do is apply a tinted moisturizer over my foundation followed by loose powder and bronzer. And then when I’m finished with everything else, I spray my face with a solution made from distilled water and lavender oil. Actually I just recently made a spray from heavily concentrated green tea, Lavender oil, and a spot of honey. The honey really acts as a hold for my make up. And your face will look radiantly dewy. Have fun!! Wink Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
madeline wrote:
If you don't want a sparkly look then what I do is apply a tinted moisturizer over my foundation followed by loose powder and bronzer. And then when I’m finished with everything else, I spray my face with a solution made from distilled water and lavender oil. Actually I just recently made a spray from heavily concentrated green tea, Lavender oil, and a spot of honey. The honey really acts as a hold for my make up. And your face will look radiantly dewy. Have fun!! Wink Very Happy

Great idea! I'll have to try this one.

Quote:
I also found a nice "glow" when I used Revlon Skinlights (super discounted on the Clearance aisle at Target -- but I am glad I decided to try it...) It looks pink in your palm, but just gives a little flush and sparkle....

I like this but found it to be a bit too much sparkle for daytime use. I do love this at night, particularly when going out to a club.

I actually find that the sunscreen I'm currently using, Neutrogena Dry Touch spf 45(which is still a tiny bit oily, but not pore clogging), gives me a light dewy look. However, I don't wear foundation or powder so I don't know what it would do if you mixed them. It's just a thought since I know most sunscreens can be pretty dewey looking. Of course you have to make sure it gives a dewey look and not an oil-well look! Shock Laughing
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I love the dewey glowing look! I use Revlon's Age Defying liquid foundation for normal/combination skin. I have to combine two shades to get the right match for my skin tone, but it the best I've found. Pretty sheer coverage though. If I really want to glow I'll put that over Murad's Sheer Lustre Day Moisturizer which is shimmery but not sparkly, but too rich for me to use every day. Another thing I gave the OCM method a try on my nose blackheads, and it felt so good I put it all over my face! The hot towel after took it all off, but then I tried just using a cooler towel, and it left a little of the oil on there. Nice and dewey with the foundation over it. Only I am wondering if it will end up making me break out... will see!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I have read, I think in Lucky magazine, that this women mix Cle de Peau dry/wet powder with Omega 3 oil and it gives a nice dewy look. That did catch my attention and Omega 3 is known not to clog pores or cause blackheads and pimples.

I used to use La Prairie Caviar foundation. It is very expensive but worth every penny!
I stopped using it because my skin condition improved so much and I don't neet to wear foundation.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
^ wow, la prairie foundation, that must cost a fortune!
I use chanel vitalumiere and it gives a nice dewy glow, but yes it is for those with more drier skin. I dont know of any foundation that gives a dewy finish that is meant for oily/combo skin. But, NARS has a product called the Multiple.
A multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips and body. Its unique lightweight, cream-to-powder formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer all-over color, shimmering accents, contours and dynamic highlights for all skin tones. Creates perfect, glowing complexions and is conveniently designed for failproof application.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is, but worth every penny. Very Happy
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pout foundation and I have tried their illuminator. Pout is not into the 'matte look.' I find that the foundation does have a dewey finish - and if you want to glow even more - you can mix some illuminator in - or put the illuminator on top. It is very nice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
MAC's mineralize skinfinnishes give the complexion a luminious effect.
I am trying a sample of the MAC Strobe Cream at the moment and the effect is quite nice, very subtle.
I also like MAC Refined Golden Bronzer, it has very fine little shimmers that are hardy detectable but when I wear this my complexion is instantly brightened.

I love the idea of mixing a little Jergen's Shimmery Body Lotion, I have a shimmery sunscreen left from late summer so I may try using a little on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to suggest that you could mix Lorac oil-free luminizer with your foundation. Or, your moisterizer and just touch up with concealer and powder.

Just a thought. Wink
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh, yes, the LaPrairie foundation is really nice. I had asked for samples of one of their eye creams through their website and they generously sent me other various samples, including three different shades of their foundation. Very nice but was a little more coverage (and costly) than I was looking for at the time. I ended up getting La Mer SPF 18 Fluid Tint in the light shade and loved it! Just enough coverage to even out skintone and the spf 18 is sufficient protection for me in the wintertime. Plus it leaves a really nice glow and is, surprisingly, not too expensive...I think I got mine on ebay for about $45-50 Very Happy .
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
That is good to hear Jala. Thanks for sharing your tip. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |