Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP! dark lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
uk_asian_guy

Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does any one no of any product or method of lightening your lips to a more pinkish colur?

iv been using different skinlightening products on my skin and am seeing some results but it looks kinda wierd cuz my lips are still dark.

i would appreciate any suggestions any one might have.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello UK_Asian_Guy,

I don't know if there are actually products that will lighten the colour of your lips. Our lips have their own particular pigment (natural colour) and what I notice is that when mine are dry they are a darker browny pink colour as opposed to when my lips are moisturised and plumped up they are a lighter pinky colour. I am Asian as well.
Have you tried using lip balms to keep your lips from becoming dry? Blixtex is a really good one and it has SPF in it...also not too glossy for the guys!!Very HappyWink
BTW, you've come to the right place for all your skincare queries-- and don't be afraid to ask any questions-- fire away!!! This is an awesome forum for learning!

Summertimegirl Smile
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
there are some remedies to lighten the lips naturally. try applying lemon on ur lips (freshly sliced lemon).. leave the lemon on the lips for atleast 15 minutes...

another well known rememdy is applying whitening toothpaste.. when u brush ur teeth, gently brush ur lips also with the whitening tooth paste. this will redden ur lips and scrub away the dead lip skin. Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi White_Secrets,

I will one of these days try out this little experiment-- your suggestion of applying lemons onto lips Very Happy but I reckon the lemon would cause a bit of a sting if your lips were cracked and dry!!Sad I know that my Grandma used to always use lemons to whiten her nails by digging her nails into half a lemon but I'm also curious if it would do the same to lips as to nails.Smile I will have to get back to you!

About the toothbrush trick, I've tried that one as well and I agree it works really well to remove dead skin and soften lips. I read in Instyle that Elle Macpherson carries a baby toothbrush in her kit so I went out and got one, but I use Vaseline instead of toothpaste. I'm not sure if whitening toothpaste would help with getting the lips any whiter though, but everything's worth a try!! Wink

Summertimegirl Smile
uk_asian_guy

Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:46 pm      Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies every one

i have tried the toothpaste method before but it wasnt very succesfull it did remove dead skin but it didnt realy improve the colour

i have also tried the applying lemon method didny realy see any results although i was using bottled lemon juice and not fresh juice from the fruit

i will try applying freshley squeezed lemon juice to see if that makes any difference.
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello uk_asian_guy!

I found this topic very interesting:o
I believe that our lips colour is one of our own...trademarks...uhm...something that is hard to change and is always better on someone else's.

Very funny, after reading your post I started to pay attention to people lips colour, especially guys' ( not many guys wearing lipstick or lipgloss). I see some have very strong, intensive colour, very red or very brown or very mauve and some have very pale, very pinkish or almost white. But on guys, I think the shape and the texture of your lips are more of some things to be considered...main attractions than the shade. So don't feel so down if you can't lighten them to the colour you wish.

My natural lips colour is very red, brownish red. When I was much younger I was very proud of it. Now, when pale pinkish brown are the more fashionable shade I'm having a hard time to choose my lipstick or lipgloss to camouflage this red undertone on my lips. I love to brush my lips, too, to make them soft and moist and plumped up, but they become more red afterward. I guess if everyone is totally happy with what they have the whole cosmetic industry will be gone...and that is ...no fun...Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by uk_asian_guy

Thanks for your replies every one

i have tried the toothpaste method before but it wasnt very succesfull it did remove dead skin but it didnt realy improve the colour

i have also tried the applying lemon method didny realy see any results although i was using bottled lemon juice and not fresh juice from the fruit

i will try applying freshley squeezed lemon juice to see if that makes any difference.

trying to lighten the natural color of the lips is the hardest thing to do, even harder than trying to whiten the skin. and it will take some time and patience to lighten the lips because no one cannot simply lighten the color in such instant... u might want to try the brush method every night when u brush ur teeth (dont forget to apply lip balm or chapstick to lips after)... then, keep trying the lemon method... try it , u cannot quite on the first try :P
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
my friend sells lipcare that helps lighten and brighten lips naturally after long term usage... but she ran out... and it is so hard to order from her because she's always busy. but when i do order from her, i will sell some to you all.... maybe this february or mid feb... il inform you... Smile
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by leiladao

......But on guys, I think the shape and the texture of your lips are more of some things to be considered...main attractions than the shade. So don't feel so down if you can't lighten them to the colour you wish.

I have to agree with Leila-- it's the shape and hence kiss-ability of a guy's lips that make him attractive, not the shade so much! SurprisedVery Happy .....for me, besides a guy's eyes his lips are the focal point as it's what you look at when he speaks. The look of darker lips actually appeals to me more-- only that they look healthier that way, lighter lips look like the blood has been drained out of them!! And Leila, I would honestly die to have lips with a natural red pigment like you have!! Hello big-stung red lips!!! I've been eating lots and lots of chilled watermelon as it's the best thirst quencher besides water-- wish some of this red washed off on my lips!Wink I love that watermelon shade for lips, if only the Benetint lip gloss in the watermelon shade tasted like watermelons, now life would be a little bit more perfect!Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I fully agree with Leila and Summertimegirl. I haven't really paid much attention to the colour of other people's lips. What I do pay attention to is the shape as well as their condition (I don't like the look of dry flaky lips, not sure why but for some reason it really bugs me!).

Summertimegirl - Add some cherries to your watermelon feast Wink They stain your lips to a beautiful yet natural dark reddish colour Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yesss you're absolutely right there Mabsy-- dry, cracked, flaky lips are a NO-NO. Sad That reminds me of the poor guy at my work who was taking really strong medication for his bad acne, and this was causing his lips to go feral-- dry, cracked, skin flaking off, sometimes even bleeding! He had lip balm but kept forgetting to apply it the silly thing!:P
I read in one of the old reviews where you had an interesting duscussion on lip balms-- I've picked up that tip and will keep a pot of lip balm everywhere so I never have to go dry at anytime. I love moisturised, plumped up lips-- and they DO look bigger when they've got balm on them! Cherries and watermelons !! Now THAT's just YUM! You are fab with ideas Mabsy! Love it!!Very Happy
uk_asian_guy

Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:27 pm      Reply with quote

Hi white - secrets

That would be great if u can get hold of some lip lightening products iv looked all over the net and not had much success
if you do manage to get some could you let me know much appreciated.

white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
hello, they will be arriving in early february... but i dont think i will have enough because many people have already reserved their orders for the lip products. but dont worry, i will save some for you and the others. its a demanding products. too bad they dont sell it here in the western world. its only available in some parts of asia. what is your email? i will let you know when they arrive. ok?
uk_asian_guy

Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi White secrets

my email is p14loopy@aol.com

I would be realy greatfull if you could reserve me some of the lip treatment product and if you could let me know when it arrives.
Thanks
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
how many are u planning to buy? where do u live?
jmoon

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:47 am      Reply with quote
please let me know about the product im intrested to with the product that lighten up the lip colour.
Magda

Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
white_secrets, we have U2U messanger as one of the futures of this forum. It will be more comfortabe for you to do commercial exchanges out of the public threads bu using U2U.
Thank you
Magda
uk_asian_guy

Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:48 pm      Reply with quote

Hi white secrets

well i was planning on buying just a few to start with and seeing how well they work if all goes well i wud put in a bulk order. cud you email me with price and shipping details please and i live in the uk england.
Thanks
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Kiehl's lip balm because my lips were also chapping. As a wonderful side effect my lips lightened too. I'm indian and i had red lips with the outer line being dark.
white_secrets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
hello i have good news! my lipcares already arrive a few days ago.. and im half way OUT!!! alot of people have reserved their lipcare and bought it already, i must have mailed like 10 orders today and more few days earlier... if you are intersted, pls send me a U2 message, include your email add and your location, and also full name. thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:01 am      Reply with quote
uk_asian_guy -

I haven't tried it myself, but I saw a product review here on the forum regarding Godiva Lightening Lip Gloss, which sounds intriguing...click here to read more about it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2515

HTH,
Carrie
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that the godiva lightening lip did not work - it was basically like vaseline. However, I think ppl tend not to have patience to give the products a try - as it usually would take quite a bit of time to depigment the lips.

I use Kiehl's lip balm for my chapped lips and noticed it faded my lip line that was greyish - that was a nice side effect I discovered!

My friend on the skin lightening forum said she uses a lightening cream(Otentika hypercreme) and then applies vaseline over it, and it works great!
Sanriogirl
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I guess lipstick does the trick for lighter lips. I love J lo's lips, the pale/nudish lipstick tint she uses is my dream shade. I just love the bare look. My sister uses godiva liplightener and she says they make her lips slightly redder. I have yet to try it, though lip color is not a concern of mine.

My problem with my lips is that they're dry around the corners. I don't know what causes this but i've read they're caused by allergy to toothpaste. Has anyone heard about toothpaste allergies? Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Sanriogirl wrote:
My problem with my lips is that they're dry around the corners. I don't know what causes this but i've read they're caused by allergy to toothpaste. Has anyone heard about toothpaste allergies? Embarassed
Actually, I have heard of toothpaste allergies...a lot of times it's the flavoring that they use. I don't know if you can get it in the Phillipines, but Crest has a new line of toothpastes that have "non-traditional" flavors such as orange or vanilla, so you might want to give those a try if you can find them.

Also, my lips sometimes get dry around the corners, and I did a lot of research to try and figure out what was causing it (it wasn't my toothpaste!) and it turns out that some kind of vitamin deficiency can be the culprit -- problem is, I can't remember now which vitamin it was!! Let me see if I can find my old research notes and I'll update this post with the info....
Mabsy

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Sanriogirl wrote:

I'm not sure what it's caused by (have you tried using a good moisturising lip balm?) but I just thought I'd mention Squiggle toothpaste (http://www.store.yahoo.com/dentalstore/ensavbrfreto.html) since you mentioned allergies. I'm using this now because it was recommended to me as a gentle (yet very effective) toothpaste. It's usually recommended to people who can't handle SLS or the some of the main ingredients in the "common" toothpastes.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |