Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
The best Sunblock
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
what is your favorite sunblock?
I havn't find one yet Sad ....
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Avene, La Roche Posay and Clinique City Block are all good Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
i love shiseido for my dry skin. after using it, i finally understand what the term "dewy" entails! Very Happy it isn't shiny or oily either!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I like Vichy's SPF 60 sunscreen the best.
appledaily
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
jamie630 wrote:
i love shiseido for my dry skin. after using it, i finally understand what the term "dewy" entails! Very Happy it isn't shiny or oily either!

But I find it kinda hard to take off, even I use the shiseido cleansing oil. so which version are you using?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
May not be the appropriate place, but I just wanted to commend you gals for wearing proper sunscreen.

Today the lady who cleans my house told me her 55 yr old sister was just diagnosed with skin cancer. It apparently started out as what looked like a small pimple at the bottom of one of her nostrils that just wouldn't heal. She didn't tell me how long her sister waited before seeing a doctor. I will ask her on Monday.

It seems like she waited too long as the skin cancer has really progressed all over the inside of her nose and even on the inside skin. They will be trying radiation, but told her to be prepared for maybe losing her nose since it is so advanced. Poor thing....I can't imagine ever getting prepared for something like that.

I am so glad I use sunscreen daily, but wish I had started many more years ago!

-Cheri
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud I'm using clinique city block too at the moment and liking it but I heard that its uva protection isnt very good(according to some makeup alley reviews)Do you know if thats true? I was under the impression physical sunscreens were very stable.
Thanks Very Happy
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I have used different brands of sunscreen, from Clinique-Lancome-Shiseido to Skinceutical and other's (I can't remember all the name brands) but I found Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock to be the best of them all. It dries fast and mat on the skin. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.
Romance

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I use RoC SPF 60 and for now it seems to be the best i've ever used. I wonder whether Vichy is the same of RoC or better?

5% products discount

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I 2nd the vote for Neutrogenia's ultra sheer sunblock. It in not the least bit oily/creamy. It applies completely dry and actually leaves my skin so beautiful that I mix it with my foundation to apply even at night! My skin glows, I swear. Even my hairstylist asked what kind of foundation I was wearing because she never has seen my skin look so healthy.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
A 3rd for Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry touch.. It's the best I've found.. I wear BM minerals and it goes on beautifully over it.. My skin doesn't feel oily at all or like it can't breath...
leokadia
5% products discount

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I love best La Roche Posay. It works best for me and I have really sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Skinceutical Physical Defense SPF 30 because it has zinc in it.

DermaDoctor suggest Peter Thomas Roth oil-free SPF 30 sunblock for oily skin.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I also like vichy spf 60.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Vichy's spf 60. La Roche Posay protects well too but my skin does not look as smooth and fine with it on for some reason.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:

Are those physical sunblocks?
Thanks
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
rosebud wrote:

Are those physical sunblocks?
Thanks

Only the clinique one Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Stupid question, but I always appreciate the honestly I get on the site. Since my make up has SPF of 17 and I DO NOT worship the sun, can I consider myself safe? I have my make up on all the time (except bed).....
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Stupid question, but I always appreciate the honestly I get on the site. Since my make up has SPF of 17 and I DO NOT worship the sun, can I consider myself safe? I have my make up on all the time (except bed).....

I wouldnt rely on spf makeup for sun protection for two different reasons 1. it probably hasnt got adequate uva protection and 2 unless you apply your foundation pretty heavily you're probably not putting enough on for good protection Very Happy
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using MMU then as Carolb69 said, unless you put on very, very heavy layer otherwise you don't get the SPF protection they claimed. I was told by a MMU trainer in a MMU class.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
i adore Peter Thomas Roth Ultra Lite Titanium Dioxide Sunblock SPF 30.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have oily, acne-prone skin and have had great luck with DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 (for Face & Body). It has a very light, non-greasy texture, no pasty white residue. It has UVA/UVB protection (with Parsol 1789), oil-free, paba-free, non-comedeogenic and it also has Green Tea, Chamomile, Calendula and Cucumber in it. It also contains their own patented ingredient which is supposed to help keep the skin from getting oily while wearing it, to keep your skin with a nice matte finish. I have been using this product for over 1 year now and very happy with it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
please, do a search on this forum – you will get hours and hours of exciting reading material and a wealth of information re: sunscreens

lrp and avene are the best sunscreens on the market today, because they are stable and provide high levels of full spectrum protection (ppd28). Problem is, they are not sold in usa, at least not legally.
Anthélios XL by La Roche-Posay is sold in Europe. Canadian pharmacies only sell ‘SX’ version, which offers less protection.
Btw, you can find lrp on e-bay and on european beauty sites for about $29. in ct and ny they are sold for in some high-end drug stores for - Shock - $55 each.

June 9, 2005 article in NY Times, appropriately called, “Psst! This Stuff Keeps You Young, but It's Illegal”
Included this quote: "I take care of some very well-educated people," Dr.
Rodan of Stanford said. "Half of them are Berkeley
professors. But beyond the SPF number, they don't know
anything about sunscreen or what UVA light does. It's
like 'in SPF I trust,' but that's so misleading when
you consider the whole picture."

Too bad, these educated people have not found this forum… yet
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought neutragena ultra sheer sun screen and I like it.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone, for your answers!
Lara Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |