Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best eye primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I hate that actually have to deal with this problem now, but since my upper lids have started to droop quite a bit over the last few years I am now getting horrible shadow lines in my creases throughout the day. I think that some of this is caused by my homemade vit-c serum since it's pretty slick, so I've stopped using it there. I also try to avoid lotions/sunscreen, etc in this area now as well. However, nothing seems to really be helping. So, can someone please recommend a good "primer" that will keep my shadows in place? One that's firming would be even better! Thanks!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I use MAC eye paints as an eye shadow base, they have a great colour selection and you can even use them as eye shadow on their own.

Urban Decay Primer Potion remains a firm favorate, I have never tried it myself but a lot on the boards swear by it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi **waves** I have to agreee with rosebud... I use MAC paints in bare canvas.. Love it! I've never used the UD, yet, but from everything I've heard about it, it's great as well...
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
UD is the best, by far. It comes in a small lip gloss-like tube with a sponge tip applicator. A tiny bit goes a long way. I dab a bit on a small concealer brush and apply to my lids and crease.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Debra, have you used the MAC as well? I use a small conceler brush to pat a light coat of the 'paint' on... Just curious on your feeling between the 2.. It takes forever to get thru a tube of MAC paints, so I've been thinking about getting the UD to compare...

I really like the paints, but it seems to be a bit thicker than the UD, and dries pretty fast while you're applying it.. When I looked at the UD, at Ulta, it seemed like it might be a thinner consistancy and maybe go on a bit easier and not dry so fast while applying..
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Revive Eye Renewal and getting really good results with firming up my upper lids.

You can ask for samples of it at Nieman Marcus near you. I had some drooping from using REtin A on my lids last month (others had good results with it so that's why I tried it) and this is really helping with that.

HTHs
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Line Eraser from Pure Luxe. Probably doesn't do anything for firming but makes a nice, smooth e/s base and keeps it from creasing.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Urban Decay Primer Potion, available at Ulta or Sephora for around $15. Or the "imposter" UDPP from Lumene at CVS, I think it's just called "eye makeup primer," and it is $9.99USD.

Either item keeps my eyeshadow on all day when it used to crease and/or slid right off due to my hyper-oily eyelids.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Quote:
Debra, have you used the MAC as well? I use a small conceler brush to pat a light coat of the 'paint' on... Just curious on your feeling between the 2.. It takes forever to get thru a tube of MAC paints, so I've been thinking about getting the UD to compare...

Sorry I cannot offer the comparison, but I've not tried MAC paints. I may though! I'm tried many, and UD still wins for me, by a long way.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Very Happy It looks like the Urban Decay (or imposter) it is!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I just thought I'd update and let everyone know I ended up buying the Lumene (CVS) version. I have to say that it is exactly what I was looking for. It keeps my eye shadow in place all day and the colors stay true. Usually when I get home my cream and taupe colored shadows have become peachy/pink due to my strong pink undertones, but with this I no longer have that problem. I do find that you can't use too much or else the Lumene will slightly crease, but once you get the right amount down it's just perfect. Thanks for everyone's help! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |