Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any natural tips for split ends/dry hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
My hair is really suffering at the moment and even my kerastase products cant seem to eliminate my dry/split ends.

Its probably the weather here in the uk! plus going from the cold into central heated places.

It really dries my skin out too Crying or Very sad
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Besides obviously trimming your split ends, you could try using camellia oil on the ends to help with dryness. I use this at night (every once in awhile) and leave it on all night. I believe Weleda makes a hair treatment oil, as does Dr. H. Also using plain olive oil helps too. Good luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
You know I was just going to post about a great shampoo/conditioner and you asked this question. Good timing. I was about to make an appt to color my hair and possibly a hair cut. I have not had a cut the last time (about 6 wks ago) so it has been nearly 12 weeks since my last cut. I STILL do not need a cut! No split ends! My hairstylist gave me some samples for Redken ALL SOFT Shampoo, Conditioner and Heavy CReam conditioner a while back. Now I had cond treatmenmts with the Heavy Cream and you were able to bring home the rest of the bottle. Using it once in awhile did make my hair feel nice but nothing special. HOWEVER, when I used all three products together, the results were amazing. I could not stop touching it! It made my hair feel so soft. I did not need a detangler anymore nor did I need that goopy serum for frizz. And most importantly, I have not needed a haircut in 12 weeks! I will not need it this time either! So my hair is growing faster than ever before.

HTHs
Just great, can't recommend it enough.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I'd suggest trying a hot oil treatment using olive oil - it definitely helps my hair!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I use this recipy:
* two egg yolks (depends on the length of your hair)
* two spoons of olive oil
* one spoon of lemon juice
* you can also add jojoba, or any other oil that you like
Mix everything together and apply onto your skin and hair. Put over plastic cap, and something to keep your head warm, like a towel or wool hat. Rinse after 20-30 min., follow with shampoo.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
snip off the ends you can see split.

I've gone over to conditioner only washing and have noticed my hair is not as dry. Basically use a condtioner without silicones in it. Take a couple of handfuls work it in to your hair and scalp, give it a rub and leave for a minimum of 15 minutes before rinsing. Some people use conditioner/shampoo/conditioner.
Only do CO washing without cones otherwise your hair with get too gunked up. Nothing wrong with using cones if it works for you normally.

a weekly deep conditioner is recommended

I also use coconut on the ends.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to say I too use Camellia Oil for my hair. I put in on my ends (very little) before blow drying and runb some in my hands and add to fly aways when it is dry, which can happen in the winter. It is also so wonderful as a facial moisturizer and for my hands/cuticles.

ANyway, I had ALWAYS needed to have ends cut when I had a color every 6 weeks. Always. I have well water in my house and there is a large amt of rust in it. Our sinks and toilets turn orange if we don't add the salt religiously to our water softener. So if it can penetrate porcelin or even stainless steal,c an you imagine what it would do to porous hair? But it doesn't seem to hurt my hair anymore.
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I swear by Ojon™ Restorative Hair Treatment. I have waist length curly/wavy hair heavly high lighted. It is gorgeous! My ends have always been dry and thin so it has always been hard to get some length.

But this stuff is great! I have tried every single oil; coconut, olive, etc and they really did nothing for my hair, just left it greasy and hard to rinse out. Ojon actually conditioned my hair, moisturized it and now my ends are thick actually curl. Very Happy
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bongo's mom,

You have me wanting to run to the beauty store to buy this stuff right now. I have long, thick, color treated hair, just past the middle of my back.

How often do you use it and how long does it last?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |