Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been part of this forum for some time now so I thought that it was time for me to submit a review. I'm sure this one has already been done before, but I wanted to throw in my two cents.

This time of the year my hair is extremely dry and brittle. I have medium sized hair, but a ton of it, and it's naturally very curly. I dry my hair straight about every other day because I HATE my curls. I know, I know, many would kill to have them but to me it looks like a bad early 90's perm AND it makes me look like I'm about 12 years old. Don't get me wrong, I love to look young, but not "pre-puberty" young. Laughing

Anyways, I've been searching for something to add softness and sleekness back to my hair. It just gets so dried out and unhealthy looking at times so that's why I decided to try the Fekkai Glossing Cream. I am in love with this. I've only used it a few times now, so I can't say if the effects give out after a while, but I'm praying that my hair always looks this great! My hair is SO soft and looks extremely healthy. My ends no longer look brittle and my hair is definitely shinier, although not overly shiny.

I've also just tried the Aveda Clove conditioner which I *loved* and believe contributed greatly to my improvement in color/texture, but I've used the glossing cream now with other daily shampoos/conditioners and still have the same wonderfully soft, healthy-looking hair, so I contribute my results mostly to the cream. I do use a bit more than probably most would, but like I said I have a LOT of hair. If I had to guess I'd say I use about a teaspoon. I don't understand anyone that can use a pea-size unless they have extremely short hair! This product doesn't make my hair look or feel greasy or weigh it down at all, so I think it would be great for most hair types. It's definitely worth a shot at $8.50 for the travel size from Sephora! Very Happy
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could have kept using this cream, it made me breakout along my hairline and back so I ended up having to return it Sad . It is quite nice for those who can tolerate it.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I'll ever try new hair products after trying this shampoo and conditioner. This is the one that is olive oil based, right? I have tried three FF shampoo/conditioners and have liked all of them. The olive oil glossing one is absolutely my favorite.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, Miss Aggie, have you ever tried Aveda’s Brilliantine Universal Styling Cream? In my books, it ranks slightly higher than the FF Glossing Cream....

Now I expect you to join hands with me next week so that we can send bad vibes and put a hex on a certain bunch of tea-sippers and their hopes for a national championship, if for no other reason than I’m sick to death of hearing and/or reading about Longhorns, Longhorns, Longhorns!! Did you catch the news a week or two ago where two of UT’s starters were being investigated on criminal charges, then all of the sudden the matter was dropped by Austin Police and no formal charges were being filed “at this time.” Translation: APD was likely paid off to drop the investigation until after the Rose Bowl game....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Just out of curiosity, Miss Aggie, have you ever tried Aveda’s Brilliantine Universal Styling Cream? In my books, it ranks slightly higher than the FF Glossing Cream....

Now I expect you to join hands with me next week so that we can send bad vibes and put a hex on a certain bunch of tea-sippers and their hopes for a national championship, if for no other reason than I’m sick to death of hearing and/or reading about Longhorns, Longhorns, Longhorns!! Did you catch the news a week or two ago where two of UT’s starters were being investigated on criminal charges, then all of the sudden the matter was dropped by Austin Police and no formal charges were being filed “at this time.” Translation: APD was likely paid off to drop the investigation until after the Rose Bowl game....

Yes I did get wind of something strange going on but I hadn't heard the details. I have to say that doesn't surprise me. Nothing with the law and athletes/celebrities/etc. surprises me anymore. I'm definitely with you on sending the hex!

No I haven't tried the Aveda Brilliantine but now I'm dying to! Next time I'm in the mall I'll pick one up. I only bought a travel size of the Fekkai anyway. I was in a hurry when I picked up the Clove conditioner so I was wanting to go back anyway. It's such a lovely store. They were handing out green tea and giving free makeovers! Very Happy I'll do a comparison after I use it and let you know what I think. Cool
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the the FF glossing cream from sephora. Like jadette, this product made me breakout around my cheeks just after 2 uses. I am normally not acne-prone Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
jadette wrote:
I wish I could have kept using this cream, it made me breakout along my hairline and back so I ended up having to return it Sad . It is quite nice for those who can tolerate it.

Sadly, this made me breakout as well. Sad
Mabsy

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I really like this and it works well for my hair, BUT I packed it when I went to Europe and by the time it came out of my luggage it had separated in the tube! So it was oil and cream. No matter what, I just couldn't get it to combine again. It must have been the low/high temperature variations... I do have another tube up my sleeve, but still.... not happy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Shock Thanks for letting us know about the air pressure problem with this. I'm getting on a plane this week and was planning to take this with me. Now I think I'll just put a bit in a travel container so I don't ruin my entire tube. It's just a 2 hour flight so hopefully it won't be too bad!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
funny, I took it to Greece & back & nothing happened.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm in love with this, too! My hair is long and layered, not quite curly but more than wavy. I'm always dealing with frizz. I have a fair amount of hair but it is fine. I let my hair air dry. I use just less than a pea sized amount once my hair is dry. I rub the drop between my hands to warm it and coat my hands and then just smooth my hands over my hair. It's a miracle! The frizz disappears and my hair is shiny and smooth with pretty waves. It also seems to be getting healthier. I've been using FF cream since January 2.

I think if I used any more than a pea-sized amount, I would probably break out since I am prone to breaking out. I wash my hands right after.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I really like this and it works well for my hair, BUT I packed it when I went to Europe and by the time it came out of my luggage it had separated in the tube! So it was oil and cream. No matter what, I just couldn't get it to combine again. It must have been the low/high temperature variations... I do have another tube up my sleeve, but still.... not happy!
It's not just air pressure that does it because the same thing happened to my tube just from sitting on the bathroom shelf for a couple of months, when I'd alternate the glossing cream with whatever other shine product had caught my fancy at the time (before I discovered the Paves!)....

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |