Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Didn't Think ISClinical Cleanser was necessary but....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I figured using any gentle cleanser would be OK, and it was. Now that my arsenal of ISC is replenished, I splurged and got the cleanser.

It really makes a difference! With ISC, there really isn't a need to exfoliate because the products do that. The cleanser, when added to the rest of the line, exfoliates your skin MUCH more noticeably. And my skin stays "no-shine" for most of the day! I'm a happy camper!

I know some say that the Cleanser dries their skin and it does feel a bit more drying than what I was using (Ole Henriksen Orange Cleanser) but it's well worth putting on a tad more moisturizer for the smooth, clear skin I get from adding this to my routine.

Lexy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Wow Lexie...

Isn't that interesting!

I never tried the cleanser, not cause of worries that it would dry my skin, but just cause I didn't think it was necessary.

But, based on your experience, I'm going to ask for a sample...
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion when you get a sample, Katee. I, too, was surprised that it made a difference. And you use very little; create a lather in your hands, and wash.

It states that it's an exfoliating cleanser and I'd never thought I needed one before. Although my skin feels and looks great with ISC, it feels more like baby-skin when I started using their cleanser.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
...and me almost out of cleanser Rolling Eyes what a coincidence. But, if it's an exfol. cleanser, that would mean you need another one at night to take off make-up...am I right? I use cleanser to take off eye makeup as well
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, I use it twice a day and it works well for me taking off makeup. I never use a toner but did after using it the first time to see if there was any residue. Nada. It actually takes off makeup better than what I had been using.

I was a bit leary to use it to take off my eye makeup but no burning, irritation, and melted away my Kiss Me mascara. Watch. My eyelids will start peeling next week. Rolling Eyes

Now by the end of the day, I don't have much makeup left on my face. But I see whatever is left on the facecloth after washing.

It's a very watery consistency so be careful squeezing it onto your hand - you'll probably need a nickel size or less. It lathers well and almost has a slippery feel on your face. Washes off well but I do use a facecloth cuz I like to see what's coming off.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
The terms 'slippery' & 'lathers' are exactly what I needed to hear. Smile Off to order a $41.00 cleanser, at least it's 6 oz. Has anyone tried the sunscreen or sunscreen powder-just to make sure I've covered everything IS Clinical.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to hear about the sunscreen, too. Seems I LOVE everything ISC!

Marina, I'm glad the words "slippery" and "lather" got you excited. Cool

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lexy,

I don't remember-are you using the pro-heal or the super serum. I'm almost finished my super serum & I'm wondering whether I should try the pro-heal.Do you have oilish or dry skin? Thanks

Marina
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily-ish, old skin. Smile I use the Super Serum every morning in the winter. I have and use the ProHeal only in the summer and only if I start getting clogged pores from the heat.

I guess ProHeal is helpful for breakouts and evening skintone but I like SS better for that healthy looking skin.

If you aren't too oily, the Poly-Vit Serum is awesome. I use it 1-2X a week at night and my skin looks radiant in the a.m.

Why are you looking at the ProHeal? Maybe I'll have a better idea what you're looking for.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like we have the same skin-oilyish & ahem... I prefer mature (hitting 50 this year). I thought pro-heal was something I'd prefer in summer-I'm not sure if the texture is different but I DO get oilier in summmer. Also, a lot of people with pigmentation problems seem to like it.I get a lot of this when the sun hits due to being an avid sun worshipper in my misspent youth. At any rate, I'm still a long way from summer here-snow coming as we speak-so I can hopefully get a sample.

I tried a sample of a poly-vit serum & went positively gaga-this means I liked it. I never ordered it because I didn't think it was 'active'- skinterra said this was used to give your skin a break. I didn't want to spend that kind of $$$ to give my skin a break. I may rethink this if you like it so much.

Why is it whenever I come here I end up spending $$$$ Rolling Eyes

Marina
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
You guys make me want to try the cleanser so bad...

Still broke... Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Add me to the list of contemplators Embarassed

I've been thinking of trying Pro-Heal for the retinol benefits (my skin really can't handle Retin A). Told myself I would wait until my Super Serum is all gone (got about 1/3 left). The Firming Complex is calling my name to. Course the new sunscreen looks great (the transparent one w/the brush), but I know I won't be trying that anytime soon. Got 2 tubes of Vichy and 1 of Clinque Active White Lab. Gosh the list keeps getting longer. Shock

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |