Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
too many minerals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone help me? I'm too overwhelmed...want to order samples to try a mineral company, but honestly, there are too many choices. Where should I start? Isn't there just one, all-round, great mineral company with wonderful "everything"? Is anyone confident enough in one company to say "go with this" for a start? I'm ready!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest finding a salon that sells the minerals you're interested in and asking for a free makeover/consultation. Or you can also order samples from many of the common MMU companies. Sephora also sells Bare Escentuals. You can also check out other sites for reviews such as MUA (makeupalley). Very Happy
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I live on an island, so this is not an option..Also, I have checked MUA and you have to do searches by specific brand name only. That means individually typing in every company I am considering, and there are so many! It would be great if they had a category for "minerals", but I have had no success with that.

Still, however humble you feel they may be, I would be soooo grateful for anyone's help and advice. Please, be emphatic...or pushy! I don't mind...really. I'd love to see someone who has tried many brands and really felt that one brand just stood out above the rest!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use Bare Minerals, but after hearing so many great things about Pure Luxe, I ordered from them last night. I ordered about $10.00 of different product samples, instead of ordering large amounts of product that I've never tried before.
I was unsure about what foundation colors to order, so I emailed the company, told them what I had been using and asked for recommendations. Christina was very prompt in replying and made suggestions for me (and I ordered her suggestions in $1.00 samples -so if it doesn't work for me, I'm only out a couple of dollars)
Chrissie

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There hisdrinkoffering
I have tried many different mineral based make up. I tried Bare Minerals because so many people just LOVED the product. I didn't love it or hate it...it was just okay like others. NOW what I LOVE is TRUE. It is a mineral based compact. They have an entire line of skin care, compacts. loose powder, etc. I have never tried anything like this. I have been using it for quite some time and I bet NO ONE can get me to switch. It stays put all day, in fact if you do decide to do "touch ups" (which you do not have to)..it just makes your face look even clearer. Hides imperfections without looking like makeup. So many colors to choose from. Give it a shot.
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it seems the companies I'm hearing the best raves about are:
Pur Luxe, Melange and Mineral Boutique.

Any personal comments on these lines anyone?
Remember, I don't want light/barely there coverage. I want flawless looking skin, but I need to cover some 'stuff'! Mineral Boutique is supposed to offer a true "soft focus" effect, so I'm hearing from many happy-sounding people.

Still waiting to hear from more of you!!!

Also, Chrissie, please post your results from Pur Luxe when you've tried it!
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow bergquis!! You're starting to get me excited! THIS is the kind of passion I have been waiting to hear! You are certainly the first person I have heard say "and I bet nobody can get me to switch!" This is indeed, as you are aware I'm sure, a painfully fickle culture we have tapped into!

Please, even if you PM or email me, give me some more details. How did you find this company? I have done a ton of research, and have never heard of them. Come on, rave some more! What about their other products (blush, lip, etc.?)
Can't wait to hear more from you...and I will try to find their website!

Thanks!!!!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Pur Luxe, Melange and Mineral Boutique. I have tried Pur and Mineral Boutique and found that they settled in my "imperfections" and looked like I was trying to cover up stuff. I know what you mean. When the salon put the True products on me, I told them I wanted more coverage, so she went over my face with the minerals one more time and then sprayed with mineral mist. Man, my skin looked blemish free...me with Blemish free skin, NO WAY!. It is true. I found that I don't stress as much when I feel or see something poppin up. I know my TRUE minerals will cover it and not look like a big covered up mess. I know not all products are the same for people. I love this line. Others are just okay and I find they change to an orangey color as the day goes on. The oils in my skin mix with the make up. Not with True! and I can respray the mist on my face and I feel like I just took a shower and started over. Good Luck
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
so excited to check out this site...and I'll be a few ladies will be following me there!!!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
hisdrinkoffering - So, did you buy any mineral makeup yet? I'd love to know what works in your climate since I'm in a similar one. I'm on an island too so I can't check out the colors in a store. So far I've ordered a few Jane Iredale samples but haven't found a match yet.

How long have you been in the Bahamas? We were based there from 1993-1996. We tried to get our boss to move us there when we left Mexico but we ended up in Roatan instead. We were happy to be south of all the hurricanes last season!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mineral Makeup Mania on Delphi Forums. The start page has a list of almost all the mineral makeup companies. http://forums.delphiforums.com/ If you scroll to the bottom of the start/opening page there's an Excel coverage comparison and a colour comparison that you can download to check out what brands you're interested.

On thursday I ordered a bunch of samples from everyday minerals (3 free, just pay shipping, $5), monave ($10 for 4 foundation samples + any 6 powdered shadow/blush samples, plus $8 shipping) and Pure lux ($1 each plus shipping which was only $2 to canada)

I've used jane iredale and like it, just seemed to have a few problems with the powder making me itchy so I'm trying the more 'natural' brands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
And I can't believe nobody mentioned Dechant! Smile

I've re-ordered twice from them:
http://www.healthymineralmakeup.com/

Not thrilled about eyeshadows but foundation and blush are fantastic! At least works great for my dry skin. And I like that they custom-mix my color!

And I can't live without Pure Luxe eyeshadows, especially the multi tonal ones.
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Freefall2,

I moved to the Bahamas in 1991. Perhaps I knew you? I'm 35, so about your age too. You can pm me with some details...like where did you live, etc. I'm curious.

No, haven't found anything perfect yet. I'm truly still on a search...for many "perfect" things.

Can't seem to find a perfect match with my Pur Lux and Laremin did not do anything for me.

Let's keep checking.....
hisdrinkoffering
5% products discount

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, on the Dechant brand...I haven't heard of it. How is the coverage of the foundation?

Why do you prefer it over other mineral brands?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh, Aromaleigh, Aromaleigh!! Laughing
I have tried lots of brands and while I have a couple of favorites from other ranges (like Star Dust and 'You Glow Girl' by Pure Luxe for example) Aromaleigh is my all time favorite.
Well worth a look:
www.aromaleigh.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia,
Last time I checked Aromaleigh didn't ship outside the US. Do they now?

Hisdrink,
I like Dechant's coverage, yes. I'm sure it varies (different brands for different people work better, that's why I also tried out a few before commiting). I have pretty dry skin. A lot of other brands I tried had a tendency to cake and be too heavy. I mostly need light-to-medium coverage which this provides, but at times when I look like crap, I layer it to a more opaque finish and it still works nicely.

I ordered a few samples, and mixed up a shade that matched me. Then requested that they mix up a big jar in the same proportion and they did! And I also like the scent; that it has a little bit of shimmer; and the ingredients (there's green tea and vitamin E, not sure if they do me any good in a powder but they sure sound beneficial Smile )
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, nevermind Smile I went back to the site and saw their new shipping options. Wow! So many excited Aromaleigh users, I gotta try it now.
china_pearl
5% products discount

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like Beaute Mineral... I find most mineral makeup are actually too heavy-duty (the coverage looks too heavy, and the powder feels heavy) for my liking... Beaute Mineral is by far the lightest weight of all the ones I have tired... And I love how the coverage is buildable, meaning it can be really sheer, but it can also be flawless, but never looks or feels heavy or makeup-y...

Plus, my skin actually became basically blemish-free after I started with Beaute Mineral (well, I still get one pimple every now and then)... Not just look blemish-free, but actually is blemish-free... And I used to have pimples all over!!!!!!

So Beaute Mineral gets my vote...

If you're interested, here is their website: www.beautemineral.com

They do ship worldwide, by the way...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |