Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Saving time in the morning...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lela
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am finding that my morning routine takes way too long - and hoping that I can cut out time with a multi purpose product!

I currently use a c-serum, moisturizer, sun block, foundation and powder. I know I am supposed to give a little bit of time between layers - and it takes forever!

I am hoping to find a good tinted moisturizer with SPF or a foundation with SPF (good for oily skin)so I can combine two or three steps into one.

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 looks promising...

Do any of you wise skin care experts have any suggestions??? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lela,

Have you tried Mineral Makeup? It has a innate sunscreen ... usually around 12 - 15 per layer.

I guess it depends upon how high an SPF you think you need. So far, I haven't had a problem with MMU as my only form of sun screen. However, I avoid direct sunlight since it often triggers a migraine to be in direct sunlight. I always wear a hat ... or I'm under an umbrella [deck] etc.

If you think you need a higher SPF, there are lots of moisturizers on the market that have 30 or more ... but I don't have any recommendations since I don't use them.

Have you thought of breaking up the "routine" somewhat rather than trying to do it all at once? For instance, you could put on your Vitamin C serum and then let it soak in while you, say, have breakfast or your coffee. Then you could put on your moisturizer and let it soak in while you get dressed. By the time you put on your foundation and finishing powder, it would only take a couple of minutes.

That way, you wouldn't notice the "wait" between things ... and overall I suspect that you'd be cutting down the actual time spent on your morning routine.

Good luck

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently found my dream tinted moisturizer... Prada Hydrating Gel, SPF 15. I don't even need to use foundation or powder after it and minimal concealer. It makes your skin look lovely and absolutely flawless. Pricy but worth it Smile
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use LaMer SPF 18 Fluid Tint, but not sure how it would be for oily skin. The Shiseido Sun Protection foundation gets very good reviews on MUA...if you'd like to read more:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=46352/Sun_Protection_Liquid_Foundation_SPF_42_PA+++/Shiseido_/Liquid/

hth Smile
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the shiseido sun protection but lately I notice clogged pores. I use an oil base cleanser but I dont know if the clogged pores are due to my foundation or not. This foundation/tinted moisturizer is great though. I just need to solve my clogged pore problem then everything will be fine. This TM/foundation dries to a matte finish. Very natural looking when I mix with a bit of moisturzier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have very sensitive skin, and I try many different products, but now I use as a moisturizer jojoba oil(15 ml.), rosehip oil(15ml.), and rose essencial oil (4 drops on 30ml.).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
Hi,

I recently found my dream tinted moisturizer... Prada Hydrating Gel, SPF 15. I don't even need to use foundation or powder after it and minimal concealer. It makes your skin look lovely and absolutely flawless. Pricy but worth it Smile

I am interested in this. I saw that it came in different shades. I have a light olive complexion. Are you familiar with the different shades?
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd the rec for using mineral foundation or a tinted moisturizer with spf like Tarte Smooth Operator(I believe it has an SPF20--then you have your moisturizer, sunblock, and foundation in one. Very Happy)
micha_852
5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 am      Reply with quote
i've stopped washing my face in the morning, all i do now is get up and put on my makeup and i've found my skin has improved and i save a heap of time too lol

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR ALL OF THE ADVICE!!! Very Happy

I would like to buy Tarte Smooth Operator and La Mer Sunscreen with the tint. Problem is - neither of them are sold here and I am hesitant to buy them online without being able to check whether the colour is correct. Hmmmm....Maybe a drive to Seattle is in order one of these days....

And thank you Mary for your advice! Your responses on the forum are always so nice and helpful! Problem is - I don't sit down for coffee/breakfast in the morning...I don't really know what I do Confused But it sure takes me a long time to get out the door!!!

Hmmm....I think tarte smooth operator or la mer sunscreen may be the answers (or now I am also considering buying IS Clinical moisturizing sunscreen - at least it is two steps in one!!)

THANKS AGAIN!!!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
i had the same issue so now i actually put on my vit c serum at night, that's a whole step i skip in the morning and i wake up with beautiful glowing skin everyday!

hth

Kiwigirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive me if someone has already suggested this, but you could move the application of your Vit-C serum to your evening routine.

ETA: for my morning routine, I jump out of the shower, dry off and wrap a towel-turban around my hair, then quickly apply my ACV toner and – while my face is still damp from the toner – I quickly put on my Vit-C serum, then put on my deodorant and start putting on my clothes. Although I don’t use a moisturizer (!), if I did I would apply it next (I’d use a moisturizer with built-in SPF protection, then I’d blow dry my hair and finally apply my makeup.

I thoroughly agree with the suggestion of either using a tinted moisturizer with SPF protection, or else use a regular moisturizer with built-in sunscreen and then a mineral makeup which would act as both foundation and powder, and have the added benefit of having built-in SPF coverage by virtue of being a *physical* barrier between the sun’s rays and your skin rather than relying on another chemical sunscreen.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |