Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to cover a pimple with white pus?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
As the topic says? How?? As gross as it may sound, I'm sure many of you have experience that before? You have a date or big event coming up the next day, and there is a big zit with white pus right on your chin, nose, or face. It's easy to cover a red bump but what if there's white stuff there too? It's usually hard to cover it up cuz the concealer doesn't stay on. Any advice? Pls help!! Thanks!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I hate admitting it (again) but I wouldn't be able to stop myself from popping it and then treating it...and hoping (begging) it wouldn't turn out worse the day after...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mabsy

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I'd be guilty of popping it too actually... However, if I did manage to hold off on that, I would be using some mineral foundation powder on a fine-tipped brush. Just moisturise well so the powder has something to stick to. I promise that you will not have any problems with it staying on. It is by far the best way to conceal any pimple!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
If you don't use MMU, here's what I've tried with some success. Moisturize the area, then dab it lightly with regular, old-fashioned face powder (cheapy drug store compact kind), and then dab with a liquid concealer, paying closer attention to the area immediately around the white bump, as opposed to the white bump itself.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I am with all of you. I would stick a needle in it (after warming the area with a wash cloth and burning the needle). Allow the "stuff" to come out (I know it sounds grosse, but it works) Then apply a warm cloth to the area again. Do this hours before the date. Then dab with alcohol to clean the area and all around it. Then apply your topical cream (whatever it maybe). It will be easier to conceal. As stated, apply your mineral powder, then with a small brush dip in your powder and blot. Trick: if you want to get adventurous, you can dot the spot with a brown eye pencil, then go over it again with your powder. Then it looks like a mole. You have to do it carefully though~ Razz
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
haha u girls are great!... Fortunately, the white pus got bigger this morning when I woke up and I'm able to pop it, so now it leaves a dark red blister thing there. That's much easier to conceal. Anyway, I'll try the methods that u girls suggest tonite. Thank you! Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well it is much easier and "better" if you wait until it is ready to "pop" leaves less scaring. I know I know, don't touch it period, but I would rather have a red mark than a big white head on my face. If you just dab it with some alcohol and use a cotton swab, you can dry the spot w/o drying your whole face. And let it be! Anxious
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would also pop it. I would put some benzoyl peroxide on it immediately. BP does kill the bacteria, so I would suggest using something topical with at least 2.5% BP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that if its red viscene (sry bad spelling) but the eyedrops will take the red out, might be worth a try since you have a date.........good luck
melissa
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |