Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lash Exact Mascara Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
After falling for the hype of Max Factor's Lash Perfection and finally finding it at a Rite Aid, I tried it, and unfortunately, as with all Max Factor mascara's, my lashes - didn't love it. I thought the formula was very dry and brittle and it did nothing for me.

Enter Cover Gir's Lash Exact....Same brush technology as the Max Factor....and surprise, surprise....not a bad mascara at all! Very non-crunchy soft lashes, no clumping, buildable, holds a curl...I'm kind of in shock, as I don't like Cover Girl either.

I may add that I try EVERY mascara that comes down the pike, drug store variety or high end - and this is a very pleasant surprise.

As a note, I had also been using Mary Kay Ultimate but as one week turned into two, the tube started to dry out, and the flakies began, and the irritation and the crunchy looking lashes. So, no for me on the Mary Kay.

Also, I have the ModelCo. lash wand to curl the lashes, and with the Mary Kay, I'd use it and end up with SUPER clumpy lashes, it was like the warm heat mushed them together - yuk, but with the Lash Exact, I hold the wand against the lashes and voila! a very nice soft holding curled lash that lasts the day!

Nice job Cover Girl.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I too really liked the cover girl new mascara, but as week 3 started..yuck..back to stiff lashes. I was actually loving this till now. I am like you in that I cannot wear max factor either, makes my lashes look stubby, which they def are not. I wore loreal lashout for years and always had great result..what the hell did they do to that formula, havent been able to wear it for about 2 years now, so I am bouncing from mascara to mascara hoping to find a stable again. I've tried super expensive to super cheap to no avail. Confused Any suggestions?
MissyChick

Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I bought three mascaras a few days ago based on recommendations. The CG Lash Exact works real well for me. Another one I got was by Lancome - it's the newest one (not Hynose, not Defincils). Sorry - can't remember the name. But my lashes, which are normally thin, sparse and totally INVISIBLE without mascara were streched out and up. A tiny bit of flakiness, but not bad. You should've seen the salesgirl - she freaked when I took off my mascara before trying the Lancome stuff. She was like OMG - you look like you don't have any lashes! And I said "ya,no kidding-story of my life". Anyhow, I bought that one for $22 bucks (ouch). The last one I got I can't remember who makes it (sorry - I'm such a dork), but it has two wands - one is white, the other one is black. It was ok. I will get back to you all and let you know what it is. In all, those three types were pretty good. Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Very Happy
Melissa in New Hampshire

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I too really liked the cover girl new mascara, but as week 3 started..yuck..back to stiff lashes. I was actually loving this till now. I am like you in that I cannot wear max factor either, makes my lashes look stubby, which they def are not. I wore loreal lashout for years and always had great result..what the hell did they do to that formula, havent been able to wear it for about 2 years now, so I am bouncing from mascara to mascara hoping to find a stable again. I've tried super expensive to super cheap to no avail. Confused Any suggestions?

Noooooo......don't tell me I'm destined for stiff lashes with the Lash Exact too? Just when I thought it was pretty good! OMG, Max Factor does the same thing to my lashes - makes them really stubby!!! AND - I used Lash Out for the longest time too - then the last couple of times I bought it - ewww...I tried the gold tube Voluminous (not the grey one) and it's not bad - but Lash Out was a really nice mascara. A lot of ladies love the Rubinstein Lash Queen, but I can't get it around here. It's not U.S. available...plus it's pretty expensive...Believe me, if I had the perfect mascara I'd be shouting it from the rooftops!!!

Hey Melissa, fellow New Hampshire-ite.....let us know how it goes with the mascaras you just purchased. I used Hypnose by Lancome, but it dried out really quickly too. Started off nice, but then BOOM - dry, stiff lashes. Sigh.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Revlon Luxurious Lengths mascara..it got some pretty good reviews on this forum..and so far so good. I've been using it for almost two weeks and it really does lengthen lashes without making them flaky or crunchy. I think it's a gel formula and it holds a curl really well. Probably not as much thickening as a mascara made just for that, but I did get some volume as well. I had the same problem with the MK mascara...at first I loved it, but after a couple of weeks it did start flaking. Hope this doesn't happen with the Revlon.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I should try the CG Lash Exact. I have never try any of the CG products.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Mariva I am so relieved I am not alone in lashout changing, which still just breaks my heart, I tried lancome too, great for awhile but gets dry fast and for the money thats just not acceptable. I feel like my hunt for mascara is like my hunt for skin care...find what I think is a miracle only to find 2 weeks later it isnt working Brick wall . Ok stupid question, how do I copy text, I coudlnt copy what mariva wrote first.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Ok stupid question, how do I copy text, I coudlnt copy what mariva wrote first.

When you are in the thread and want to quote someone, just use the upper right button "quote" and it will automatically paste it into your reply. Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I HAD to try this.

I am so weak....and I guess the Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara isn't as "ultimate" as I thought. I still like it, but as the tube gets older (nearly a month now) the mascara gets thicker and is harder to work with when using multiple coats. It is still a GREAT one-coat mascara for daytime though.

I'll report back tomorrow after I use the Cover Girl Lash Exact. Went out on my lunch break just to get it!

Thanks EDS girls for "enabling me" yet again. (LOL....)

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
This mascara is great. The brush is identical to the Max Factor Brush. Thankfully, however, the mascara is decent. My lashes look precise, defined, and quite long. The Max Factor mascara was truly awful......absolutely clumpy and sticky.

I have been using Covergirl for about 3 weeks and continue to have great results.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thank you Tam !!!
Melissa
Caspers Mum

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. That's odd, since they're the same company, Proctor & Gamble.

Nice job Cover Girl.

Maria Laughing[/quote]
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Caspers Mum"]Hmm. That's odd, since they're the same company, Proctor & Gamble.

You mean Max Factor and Cover Girl are both P&G companies? They must have different mascara making labs then! Laughing Because I must say the Lash Exact is a whole heck of a lot better than the Lash Perfection....(I hope I continue to like it! My mascara graveyard is quite massive!)

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
btw, what exactly does the Lash Exact mascara does to ur lashes?...make them longer, provide volume?........ Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was so excited to try this as I don't have Max Factor in town but CoverGirl is in the drugstore and Walmart (aren't I lucky to have two places to shop? Rolling Eyes ). The brush looked ideal!

It didn't seperate or apply the mascara as nicely as I thought it would though then flaked off, I used it a half a dozen times before tossing.
mcyi4yy2
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
btw, what exactly does the Lash Exact mascara does to ur lashes?...make them longer, provide volume?........ Very Happy

that's what i'm confused. Is is like a base coat to extend our lashes then? I was hoping my lashes would grow longer.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use MAC and Lancome mascaras all the time and a few months ago tried Cover girl's exact lash- this mascara is amazing! It makes my lashes look miles long and seperates them nicley. The brush is really unique and make the lashes look really thick. But I have noticed that I can only use the tube for about 1 month before it starts to get clumpy an make my eyelashes look stiff and spider like. So I am buying it more often then I would have with Lancome. So I don't know if I am really saving $$ in the end, but it also doesn't smear!

mcyi4yy2, this is a plain old mascara- it doesn't promote your lashes to grow, but makes them look fabulous!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cover girl has come out with a new "exact" mascara. I saw it in a couple of magazines and just bought it last night from London Drugs. It is called Volume Exact- the brush looks the same as the lash exact brush except that it is red.
Not sure if I see a real big difference between the the two mascaras yet.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I have been trying volume exact and lash exact for a little while now- I like lash exact better, it is thinner and less clumpy- you can put a few coats on. The volume exact gets clumpy after 1 coat and is pretty thick.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Ok I have been trying volume exact and lash exact for a little while now- I like lash exact better, it is thinner and less clumpy- you can put a few coats on. The volume exact gets clumpy after 1 coat and is pretty thick.

You are SO right about that. The Volume Exact is too clumpy for my taste - I also 100% agree, that the regular Lash Exact is great for about the first month, then all of a sudden you go to use it one morning and you're like "what the...?" b/c it's clumpy and dry? So frustrating...so now I find I look in flyers to see if CG is having a sale or something and I'll buy two...don't know if that's saving me anything in the long run.

Maria Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
hmmm, has anyone tried L'oreal's Telescopic?

I was at the drugstore and deciding between that and CG Lash Exact. I went with L'Oreal since that's my favorite drugstore mascara brand.

For high end I use DiorShow, Shu Uemura Xtension, Shiseido, etc. I *loved* Helena Rubenstein but it's a pain to purchase since they're no longer in stores.

Our local Walgreen's is having a sale on L'Oreal - I might have to buy Lash Exact just to try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't even heard of the L'orel telescopic one before, but it will probably make its way over to canada in a few months.

Has anyone tried the Lash fusion mascara?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
There's a post on Lash Fusion. It's $38 at Sephora but it's not in stock yet. It's bascially a mascara with good conditioning ingredients so I'm going to try Dr. Hauska's first.

I did use Telescopic this morning and actually like it. The con is the super flexible wand. When you pull it out it sort of pops out and you feel like it's going to whip mascara across the wall.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Volume Exact currently and I love it. It is thicker than the Lash Exact but what the heck? Laughing It doesn't clump. It ends up under my eyes by lunch, but it comes off very easily with Cetaphil so it's a give and a take. My lashes look fabulous with it on, though!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I bought this when it came out due to all the rave reviews and lol, what can I say, it has been replaced now.

I have the usual short, straight, downward pointing lashes of alot of Asians and this mascara just couldn't cope with it.

When it was brand new, it tended to clump a bit but I forgave it because it was better than any thing else I had tried so far. It only smudged a little and wasn't too hard to remove.

Fast forward a month and I am loosing lashes because the formula has turned dryish and I am still getting the clumps. Plus it wasn't applying smoothly anymore.

If you have lashes like mine try ModelCo LashXtend. Two months in with the same tube and I am still loving it. I curl my lashes, lightly put this on and I don't even need to re-curl or comb my lashes again.

Still want to try Physician's Formula mascara though. Damn to all you EDS enables Laughing.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |