Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Some people have razzed me a bit about supporting Revive which is extremely expensive. It is,I agree. But I am willing to do what it takes to use it. Certainly others can try and find whatever works for them and fits their budget. And if I found something that worked as well and cheaper, than Hurray!

So anyway, my GF has recently tried this new line of skincare by Patricia Wexler M.D. I know some women on here love her and really believe in whatever she supports. My GF said she purchased the 30 trial size skin care line at Bath and Body Works and after only 2 days, she saw results. Lines had faded, ruddiness had disappeared, pimples-gone.

I don't remember anyone ever posting about this but maybe they had but I just thought after looking at the prices, some may want to check this out. Hey if you can find a line that really works AND reasonably priced, go for it!!!

Here is the link and all the info and Science behind it.

Ciao!

http://www.patriciawexlermd.com/main/browse.do?nav_keyword=science
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
This looks reasonable. PSF also has an eyecream with Niacyl and the MMPi ingredients. They take time to work but are worth trying. I've thought of trying them but haven't yet.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried the starter kit. I liked the cleanser a lot. At $18. it was reasonably priced, cleaned well & didn't dry out my skin. Removed eye makeup too. I like the microdrmabrasion kit -enjoyed daily exfoliating. That's about it.The eye cream dried out my eyes & the sunscreen just sat there-I found it greasy. I liked the serum,it felt like a makeup primer. It absorbed immediately & felt wonderful. My skin looked smooth & plump-like the IS Clinical hyfracool, BUT (there's always a but) I went through it too quicky. I could swear it evaporated overnight. Too expensive to reorder.
The p.m. moisturizer was also very nice-like a heavy serum & absorbed immediately.

I wanted to try her lip stuff, but Bendel's (the only place that ships to Canada) charges $24 shipping so it's not worth it.Her lip plumper is about $18 if I remember. Her eye gel (they threw it in) was great as an a.m. eye treatment-really took care of puffiness.

Well, that's my 2 cents Cool
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up a starter kit even though I wasn't sure I'd use it. Too attached to IS Clinical.

Like Marina, I did like the 2 microdermabrasion products. At first, I thought Wexler was nuts - daily seemed like an awful lot. However, I found it to be very gentle and it certainly did polish my skin.

The serum, which isn't really a serum at all, has an odd consistency but it does have a wonderful effect. I'm happy with the condition of the skin on my face, so I decided to use the serum on my neck and decolletage... I'm sure the IS Clinical products would do well in the same area, but I'd have to declare bankruptcy to slather that stuff on such a large area! The results aren't startling or anything, and frankly, the skin on my neck and chest doesn't really need much. It really does feel lovely though.

HOWEVER, I don't know what the hell it is in that eye cream, but it is a DISASTER. I ran out of my IS Clinical eye firming complex, and although I had plenty of other stuff around, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try the Wexler product. OMG I haven't had this happen since my Okusil disaster last year!!! I don't have wrinkles around my eyes - I use the eye products I use for firming and also to make sure I don't GET wrinkles. And, my skin is never dry. Well, after using the stuff for a week, I sure as hell did have wrinkles around my eyes. My skin was dry and kind of loose. My bf had been out of town on business and when he came home, he diplomatically asked me if I had been having troubling sleeping Shock

I'm back to my regular eyecare products and have been taking special care around my eyes. Gratefully, everything is back to normal. I'm not sure which ingredient is the culprit and actually, I'd love to figure it out so I can stay far, far away from it!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Glad it wasn't only me-it seems strange that an eye cream called "deep wrinkle eye repair" would actually dry out my eyes-wrinkles actually more evident. I actually finished it up (look, didn't want to throw it out) over the PSF eye cream-still drying. Weird.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG - the SAME thing happened to me with the Wexler eye cream!!!

I remember looking in the mirror going "what the....????" I had like a gajillion wrinkles, especially when I smiled.

I am OUT of my PSF eyecream, which was a real gem....I need to get more, but I'm waiting till I run out of my O2 serum before I order again.

My fave in the Wexler line, if I'm to pick something, was the face wash. Very nice.

Other than that....not so much....

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried her Lip Plumper? That is the only product in the line I am even curious about.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

FYI - I just saw Dr. Wexler making her debut on QVC this past week and I often take advantage of their 30 day money back guarantee to try expensive products. Haven't had any problems so far.

Just be sure that you do a search under "wexler" to see the products listed as for some reason her name isn't listed yet under the brands column.

HTH
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
well, my curiosity got me in trouble ... yesterday, at the bbw I tried her eye cream. This has to be the worst product I ever got near my eyes. It burnt my eyes so badly that I had to remove it right there at the store. Sure, there are other products that can sting, but this an eye cream for g.sake

I also tried lip plumper. It started stinging a bit as soon as I applied it.
It must have some effect because driving home I felt that lower lip was a bit swollen. This was an experience similar to eating spicy food that irritates your skin. By the time I got home (approx. 20 min) the stinging was gone and with it the effects of the lip plumper. My lips were back to normal size.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I want to say a big THANK YOU for all the reviews on Wexlers products....I got a gift card to Bath and Body works and almost bought the starter kit (like I really need more face products Very Happy ) I will stick to my IS Clinical.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I purchased a few of her products a few months ago. Not blown away, do not think I would repurchase, no difference either way noted in my skin.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I've tried some of her products, but I really like her lip plumper. It really made a difference! Wink
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the reviewers who tried the eyecream and did not have positive results. I picked this up during a quick lunch hour trip to BBW with a gift certificate I had received from my kids. I didn't have a lot of time, and the SA raved about it, so I caved. Even the worst eye cream has moisturizing/hydrating benefits, right? Not this one! I applied a bit the next morning, patting it gently around my eye area and my skin would not absorb this creme at all. I gave it a few minutes to sink in, but it just dried on top of my skin and flaked. It absolutely dried out my skin. This is probably the worst eye cream I've ever used....and the first eye cream I've ever returned.

I'm sorry that others experienced these negative results from this eye cream, but it is affirming to hear that others had the same issues with this product.

However, after reading the reviews on some of the other products in this line, I may check out a trial kit to check out the other products! (But will never touch that eye cream again)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I just saw my sister for the first time in 4 months and noticed her skin looks really good. She did just have a baby, so that may be part of the glow. She's been using Patricia Wexlers serum since for 5 months and I found it was on sale online $55 for 3.4 oz and includes a free 1 oz. trial size. I'll post my results in a couple months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
c4ward, where did you find the product?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I found it at Bath & Body Works online. I don't know if you get the free trial size in store.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this line approx 6 months ago. I bought the trail kit and used it for almost three weeks. The first week/week and half, I thought I had found my holy grail. I was so happy, raved to my friends...but did not make a posting. I always like to wait long enough to have an accurate feeling of the product. No sooner did I rave to my friends and family, the product turned on me. I woke up with hundreds of clogged pores on my face. My skin was greasy and I could squeeze my face and watch the oils come shooting out of my pores. I thought maybe my skin was finally purging, so I kept using it. In fact, I ordered some on line, so that it would be in my hands by the time my trial ran out. I finally quit using it as it just made my skin worse. I returned the trail kit and I returned the cleanser I bought on line to the store...never to turn back. Yet another product that did not deliver for me. (so many I can not even count). This was a while ago though. Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting ,Bergquis. I ended up returning the serum because I got a rash. I was told that's what happens if you put it on too thick by the sales clerk. I still returned it.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |