Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
ultrasound results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I found out I have a cyst on my left ovary. The doctor said this may be what is causing my abnormal periods and pain. He wants me to start taking birth control pills.

I asked him is there any other way to control this and he said no. He said i would have to be on it for at least 6 months and then we would see how it goes being taken off the birth control.

For me taking birth control that has terrible side effects is something i would rather not put my body through. I started taking EstroSense, it is a natural hormone balancer. I will let you know how this works out for me.

Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so what did you do?

I also have endometriosis, so i wonder if the cyst is related to that.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear *hugs*
I once heard that cysts sometimes are just filled with water and may pop and drain on their own....
And there are benefits to being on the pill...you know exactly when to expect your period, and they seem to be lighter as well.
I hope all works out for you!!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
sorry to hear about your troubles fierce!

Is the cyst on your ovarie or in?

I would look into maybe getting a second opinion?

Take care!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Ruth,
Thanks. The doctor said the cyst is on my ovarie.

kittylove,
Thank you as well. I actually read that they can be filled with water or endometrial cells. I also read that they can pop, which could result in having emergency surgery.

I know the pill has benefits like knowing when your period is coming. But i have never had a problem with that, just do not stop bleeding once i start. I have read up on birth control being linked to alot of problems women have in their later life. So I think that influences my decision.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Did you inform the doctor that you'd rather not go on the pill...and if so what did he say?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
is this the same fool that wouldn't let you in the office???

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yea it is the same doctor that wouldnt let me in the office. I had to go back to him because there are no other doctors taking patients at this time.

I told him that I did not want to take birth control because i dont believe in drugs that mess around with hormones and can have dangerous side effects. I also told him when i was younger I was put on tri cyclin* and alesse and it had a reverse effect on me, where my periods would stop mid period and start again a week later, to the point where i was sick and always having a period.

He said there is nothing else i can do. He said I could have the lining of the uterus scraped but I would have to be put to sleep for it. He also said "you never know when your number is up" So he will only do it as a last resort. Then he said it is my choice i can deal with my problem on my own for the next three months and see if it goes away or I can go on the birth control. Then he gave me alesse.

I decided to try natural hormone supplements. I really hope they work.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know your medical history....but you could have a spinal or even a MAC instead of general anethesia with a D&C.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best and my thoughts are with you!
*hugs*
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks

Chrissie,

MAC? I have never heard of this. I will ask my doctor about this as well. thanks
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
here's my advice, ask your doctor for a referral to another doc for a second opinion. Then you'll be able to get in to see another doc who isn't currently accepting new patients. If your doctor isn't a gyno you should have no problem getting him to refer you to one.

That's how I got my new doctor. I said I wanted a female to do my exams, so i told him who i wanted to see and got a referal...and I haven't gone back to him since. He wasn't a bad dr, just strongly believed in give it a week and if it's still bothering you come back. That was his remedy for everything. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
fierce wrote:
Thanks

Chrissie,

MAC? I have never heard of this. I will ask my doctor about this as well. thanks

it stands for Monitored anesthesia care... really what means is you are breathing on your own...but have enough meds on board that you really don't care what is going on.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |