Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
How to use IS Clinical products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered these products but I am not sure how to use them, what order to use them in, etc. If there is a good thread on this, could someone post a link? If not, I'd love some direction on how to use these four products!

This what I bought:

- IS Clinical Active Serum
- IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum IS Clinical
- Super Serum Advance
- IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

Here is IS's website...
http://www.isclinical.com/

If you are looking for a thread, search IS Clinical and a TON of stuff will come up.

I'll share with you my routine, but do some research...

AM:

IS Vitamin C Super Serum
Hydra-cool Serum (not always, depending on how my skin feels)
Sunscreen (DDF Organic)

PM:
Cleanse
Active Serum
Hydra-cool Serum (also, depending on how my skin feels)

Good luck! Smile
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that puglove. The thing is I looked at their website but didn't see any instructions on how to use these products, the order of which to use them in, the amount, time of day (night, day) or what to use them with as well as I searched the forums, found lots of info but no instructions! Sad
havana8

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi AM!

The Active Serum is typically a night product that can be used every night, several nights a week or just once a week depending skin type/condition/sensitivity and needs. You would apply it first.

For the Super Serum Advance and the ProHeal Serum, I would think you could alternate those in the mornings as they both have photo-protective properties with the 15% L-ascorbic acid. Unless, of course, you are using ProHeal for rosacea or acne prone skin, in which case, you *might* want to use Proheal only for a while.

The Hydra-Cool Serum, which is hydrating and cooling, would usually follow the Super Serum, Active Serum or ProHeal Serum.

All the ISC serums should be used sparingly.

I hope you have fantastic results, AM!
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
i bought the same products - Active, proheal, super and hydracool. i alternate proheal and super depending on my skin condition. it works perfect and shown proven results. will continue to use.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
AMIntheMorning wrote:
I just ordered these products but I am not sure how to use them, what order to use them in, etc. If there is a good thread on this, could someone post a link? If not, I'd love some direction on how to use these four products!

This what I bought:

- IS Clinical Active Serum
- IS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum IS Clinical
- Super Serum Advance
- IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum

Another thing to note is that the Hydra-Cool can leave a sort of sticky feeling to the skin. If you have oily or combo skin it may leave you too shiny to use in the morning. If you have dry skin it will probably work great.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinical is my HG skin care. I LOVE it!!! The only product that I have found to be so-so is the Eye Cream, which is a nice, gentle eye cream but not much in the way of treatment for me. I do use ISC's Cleanser, which is extremely gentle and very nice. I use the Active Serum at night only. I follow this with either Hydra-Cool or a bit of HA serum with a drop of Emu Oil in it. Both are soothing and moisturizing. I've used this line for a while, so I am then able to use the Firming Creme on top most nights; if my skin is really burning, I use the Moisturizing Creme instead. The combo of Active Serum/Firming Creme is a heck of a treatment - very strong! In the morning, I use the C Serums for undereyes and face/neck, followed by Youth Serum, and ISC's Treatment Sunscreen. I also use the Poly-Vitamin Serum followed by the Moisturizing Creme, which I substitute for the Active Serum on some nights, depending on my skin. ISC recommends switching their products around every 2-3 months, but I prefer to switch mine on a continuing basis. All of the serums are fabulous and I think you will be very pleased with this line. You might want to order a few samples of Youth Complex. It's an amazing product. Best of luck with ISC! Judy
s77
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I also prefer clinical products, maybe I will try this one next time.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
s77 wrote:

They do offer sealed samples on eBay, which is how I tried it. I have to say YC is in my top two products, but some people don't like it. I use it in the a.m., but I've also used it at night following the Active, but before Hydra-Cool. I bought samples and put the contents in a small sterilized jar before investing another $150, and I fell in love with it. This line is expensive, but (thank God) the products do seem to last forever.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
s77 wrote:

They do offer sealed samples on eBay, which is how I tried it. I have to say YC is in my top two products, but some people don't like it. I use it in the a.m., but I've also used it at night following the Active, but before Hydra-Cool. I bought samples and put the contents in a small sterilized jar before investing another $150, and I fell in love with it. This line is expensive, but (thank God) the products do seem to last forever.

I have purchased all of my IS Clinical products from Ebay. You just have to make sure you find a good seller and be sure to check their feedback. Yes, the products last a long time. They are VERY concentrated, so you don't need much at all. Just remember less is more.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought concerning purchasing IS Clinical on eBay - if the seller does not state the expiration date in the listing, it's probably a good idea to email them and find out what that expiration date is and if the item is sealed. And I couldn't agree more - a little truly does go a long way with these products!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Just a thought concerning purchasing IS Clinical on eBay - if the seller does not state the expiration date in the listing, it's probably a good idea to email them and find out what that expiration date is and if the item is sealed. And I couldn't agree more - a little truly does go a long way with these products!

Great suggestion about the expiration date. I always ask questions prior to bidding, that way if it is not what you expected you won't be out of the money. Some sellers will sell expired items and not put the date purposely in the auction, so be sure to ask.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Ooops - I knew there was something I wanted to mention: When you first begin using IS Clinical, please don't start a complete ISC regimen with no let-up. When I began, I added one or two items to my then-current skin care regimen. I would also give my skin "a day off" with just lots of moisture and sunscreen or "a night off with HA/Emu, and a soothing night cream. When my skin had adapted, after a week or so, I added another item, and so on, until I was using all of my ISC products. My sister, after hearing me rave about ISC, ordered pretty much everything they make and began using it ALL. Her skin went crazy (looked like a raisin)- two weeks of nothing but tons of moisture and some Pro-Vitamin and it healed and looked great. The main thing to remember is to take baby steps initially or your skin may "go into shock" like hers did! This is a super-strong line of products, with visible results! And normally, a dime-sized amount of anything they make is plenty for face AND neck.
havana8

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for shoppingsgood

shoppingsgood wrote:
After reading all the raves about iS Clinical, I've purchased the followings:
1. cleanser
2. active serum
3. Super serum
4. Pro heal serum
5. Hydra cool
6. Youth complex
7. Sunscreen

I am not sure which serum to use in the morning and follow by what. If there are some expertise, please advise on which one to use after cleanser for both morning and night, in order to achieve the best result.

If there is any other products you think I should use, please let me know.

My goal is to even out my skintone, pigmentation at the same time, anti-aging as I am approaching menopause.
Thanks in advance !
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
shoppingsgood wrote:
After reading all the raves about iS Clinical, I've purchased the followings:
1. cleanser
2. active serum
3. Super serum
4. Pro heal serum
5. Hydra cool
6. Youth complex
7. Sunscreen

I am not sure which serum to use in the morning and follow by what. If there are some expertise, please advise on which one to use after cleanser for both morning and night, in order to achieve the best result.

If there is any other products you think I should use, please let me know.

My goal is to even out my skintone, pigmentation at the same time, anti-aging as I am approaching menopause.
Thanks in advance !

Hi and welcome shoppingsgood. Based on my experience with IS Clinical I would do the following with your products:

Morning
Cleanser
Super serum or pro health
hydra cool
sunscreen

Night
Cleanser
Active serum
Youth complex
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Active at night, followed by HydraCool and then Youth Serum. Actually, I am to the point where I now use Firming Complex at night instead of Youth, but Youth seems fairly gentle for new users. I use Super Serum (which contains great antioxidants) on bare skin in the a.m., followed by Youth Complex and Sunscreen. Basically, I use the HydraCool on top of the very active serums to add a moisture boost - they can sting. The Youth Complex is so creamy, it works great as a daytime moisturizer or a night treatment over your serums (after HydraCool). The cleanser is excellent, but very runny, so be careful not to pour alot out at first. So my routine with these products would be: PM: cleanse, Active, HydraCool, Youth Complex. AM: cleanse, Super Serum, Youth Complex, Sunscreen. You can certainly use the HydraCool over the Super in the a.m. or over the Super/Youth layers. And sometimes just HA/Emu Oil seems to soothe my skin better than the HydraCool, which contains menthol. Hope you love this line as much as I do. I can see an amazing difference in my skin, so I know it works. ~ Judy
windchild_gmt

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I've noticed that most IS Clinical users apply the Active Serum at night instead of the morning. Interestingly enough, my dermatologist (well known celebrity derm in Singapore) recommended that I use the Active Serum in the morning. After reading this forum (yes this is my virgin post) I became convinced that the Active Serum was to be used at night and asked my derm why it was recommended for use in the a.m. - her reply was that it was activated by light.

After a bit of online research, I found (on the IS Clinical official webpage no less from this clinical opinion titled "Delivery of Cosmetic Ingredients to the Skin" that the Active Serum is more effective for uneven pigmentation if used in the morning! I'm not sure how it compares to nighttime usage since i've only used it in the morning but so far its been working great for me (it's been a month now). Of course, I wear sunscreen everyday over this - Clarins UV Plus spf 40.

Try it out and let me know what you think!
shoppingsgood

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've bought is clinical pro-heal serum, active serum and hydra cool for my daughter who has acne problem on her face. Can someone guide me on how to use them? The proper procedure for morning and night, which serum uses in the morning and which one goes first, to obtain optimal result. If there is any other product I should get her for her skin, please suggest too, she is 16 years old. Thanks!!!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
shoppingsgood wrote:
I've bought is clinical pro-heal serum, active serum and hydra cool for my daughter who has acne problem on her face. Can someone guide me on how to use them? The proper procedure for morning and night, which serum uses in the morning and which one goes first, to obtain optimal result. If there is any other product I should get her for her skin, please suggest too, she is 16 years old. Thanks!!!

i was trying to get some help with this line too. perhaps take a look at the product reviews for this line by using the search function... or because it is your teenage daughter, and a special case, perhaps you can ask a moderator to guide you the right direction.
HTH!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
this is my recent post regarding is clinical.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36731&highlight=help+clinical+help

there are some users that posted. perhaps you can pm them.

or

you can post your own thread on skincare and make up, looking for users that may help you.

good luck!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I am 38, what products do I need? Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I also answered you on the products review forum, but this is the best place to get an answer on this subject.
I would suggest Active, Poly, Super or the C & E are all great serums. If you have roscacea, skip the poly.
It depends on your skin, but if you are prone to breakouts, I would go with the Active at night and Proheal in the mornings, both followed by Hydracool.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
i have used the active serum at night and super serum in the morning for 2 months, which is 2 30ml bottle....i thought they are nice ,easy to be absorbed and skin becomes very stabl....not alot pinples comes out....i wants to resue them again.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
This is how I use my iS Clinical:

In the morning: Super Serum/Pro-heal serum and hydra-cool. Then moisturizing cream and sunscreen.

In the evening: Active Serum, hydra-cool and moisturizing cream.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |