Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Air brushed legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Well, I chickened out for my Christmas party and covered my legs with hose and classic pumps. Tonight, I'm stuck going to another black tie affair... and I've decided that my recent pedicure was just too darned expensive to hide.

So I'm braving the NH winter with a little black dress and sexy open-toed shoes. (I hope Emily Post isn't reading this....).

I just bought Sally Hansen's air brushed leg stuff and have no idea how to use it. Do I moisturize before application, after application, or does it substitute for a moisturizer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Having never used this, but must admit it looks wonderful, I think I'd do a test one area with mosturiser the other without and see. I'd hate for you to wing it right before your leaving. Have fun!!! and let us know if this works.

Melissa
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
If you're going to use this for the first time before a big party I'd suggest picking up a backup pair of black stockings just in case...Wink
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
When I finally tested it, this stuff is really like a light liquid "foundation" for the legs. So I treated as such... applied lotion to the legs, let the lotion set, then appied the product. Worked well! It really does smooth out the skin's appearance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great would this work for shorts or is it a definate something is on ur legs look?
Melissa
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you could wear it with shorts. Looked pretty natural to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Just remember that this "Air Stockings" or "Airbrush Legs" products are really hard to remove afterward! They say it rinses clean away with just soap and water, but I can attest that is bullsh*t! I had to scrub my legs with a loofah to get all the residue to come off, especially around the lower leg and ankles....I posted something about it here way back when I first joined the forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1493&highlight=air+stockings

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I had to scrub my legs with a loofah to get all the residue to come off, especially around the lower leg and ankles....I posted something about it here way back when I first joined the forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1493&highlight=air+stockings

You know... I never even thought about whether I was removing it well the next day! Typical lazy Sunday shower! Plus, I applied it all the way down to the tops of my feet and it was nearly my exact skin tone, so maybe I wouldn't have noticed! Perhaps I should check today.... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I adore AirStocking, carekate. Because my legs absolutely always go streaky with fake tan, this stuff has been a life-saver for my horrid deathly pale skin.

Did you ever try the Nyce Legs that the other poster in that thread raved about? She seemed to think it was much better than the AirStocking. I'd love to hear if anyone thinks the same.

Much as I love AirStocking, I'm very much open to finding improvements on products I like.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Did you ever try the Nyce Legs that the other poster in that thread raved about? She seemed to think it was much better than the AirStocking. I'd love to hear if anyone thinks the same.

Much as I love AirStocking, I'm very much open to finding improvements on products I like.
No, I’ve never heard of “Nyce Legs.” I think the person who posted info about it was a spammer because if you look, that person joined the forum right around the same time as s/he made those posts and also only posted twice, both regarding the same product.

Because I’ve never heard of “Nyce Legs” and because I can’t find anything about it on MUA, either, I think I’ll stick with my Air Stockings or the Sally Hansen equivilent. I don’t have anything against trying the other product if it’s possible to get a sample, but because nobody on MUA appears to have heard about it, I’m extremely skeptical. If I have time, I might see if anybody has posted reviews of “Nyce Legs” on any other beauty/skincare forum, but in the meantime I’ll take a pass!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |