Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Origins Incredible Spreadable scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:26 am      Reply with quote
HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone !!!!Very HappyVery Happy
I hope you all had a really wonderful Christmas holiday and enjoyed lots and lots of CHEER!! Very Happy

I had a really nice holiday spent mostly in the sun and pool (no beach as my guy is still in a cast for his leg, although he was still able to swim as it was a water-proof one!) WinkVery Happy I made a note while I was away to mention a product I took along with me that became a God-send for smooth, all-over glowy skin. I know EDS doesn't stock it as it specializes primarily in professional skincare lines but for a body and bath line, I love Origins especially for it's salt rubs. Surprised For those of you who aren't familiar with salt rubs, it really does a beautiful job of exfoliating the body (legs, thighs, tummies, arms, elbows, behind the shoulders, bums???) as well as gives you super soft, SMOOTH skin that absorbs moisturisers better. I learnt from my holiday in France that this was the key to keeping a good tan, as dead skin doesn't hold a tan for as long.

The Origins Incredible Spreadable Scrub is a sea salt body smoother and is AMAZING. It is quite a thick souffle containing grains of sea salt and sugar to slough away dead skin and WSurprisedW does it smell good!!!! Not only does it stimulate your circulation while you're using it, it's the incredibly invigorating MINTY scent that takes you to another world!!! You leave the shower feeling so alive ready to take on the day!! Very Happy

On holidays, I loved using this scrub every few days massaging it onto damp skin starting from my feet and working my way upwards. It is very stimulating and so much nicer to use than the Origins Salt Rub- their original salt rub which I carted around France in my suitcase (It leaked!!! Mad ...If only I had discovered the spreadable version back then in September!):P In the spreadable version, the exfoliating particles adheres to the skin more so it does a better job hence it is a LOT less messier to use-- I found with the Salt Rub you had to cup your hands over the product to prevent it from falling away. Most of the time, I had to stand in the bath tub or shower to use the Salt Rub (although I made use of all the fallen salt as a foot scrub for my tired soles hehe!). With the spreadable scrub you could use it anywhere without making too much of a mess.

In the spreadable version, the texture is gentle enough to use even on the decolletage area which I couldn't do with the Salt Rub as the salt particles seemed far too abrasive, and exposed. Although the salt grains are not that small, the spreadable version envelops the grains making them softer to use. The spreadable version also acts as a nice "carrier" in making the rub go further as well. A small dallop scooped out with your fingers can be used all along one arm.

I had one try of this scrub at the sink in the store and had to get it... the incredible minty aromas that wafted up to my nose was just purely addictive!! :P I could only imagine how nice it would smell when rinsing this off as the water melts the salt on the shower floor!! MMM!!I asked the salesperson about the moisturising factor in both the Salt Rub and the Spreadable Scrub and she told me that the Salt Rub is more moisturising as it contains Macadamia oil (along with Soybean and Sweet Almond). The Spreadable Scrub has Olive Oil and Jojoba Oil and to me, the spreadable formula is even more moisturising as it leaves a nice silky, moisturised film once it is washed off.

The Salt Rub comes in a 600g glass jar with one of those stopper lids (very cumberson when travelling) where as the Spreadable Scrub comes in a 250g plastic tub with a screw down lid....both cost almost the same (the Salt rub costs $AU 5.00 more).... I must admit I was hooked by the Spearmint and Rosemary scent in the Salt Rub. Both versions come in a Ginger version as well which I don't mind but is a bit too "zesty" for me. By comparison, for it's incredibly invigorating Mint and Orange scent, it's no-mess texture and the lovely polished skin you get from using it, Origins Incredible Spreadable is a MUST for summer- no forget summer! make that ALL-YEAR-ROUND exfoliation!!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
WSurprisedW Summertimegirl. That was the best product review I've ever read. (And most comprehensive!!!)

I've got to get some of that, and thanks to you, I can be confident that I'll love it!

--Alohagirl :P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl,
I almost can't wait for you to try this!! If you like quite a stimulating scrub then this is IT, sooooooo uplifting!!Surprised Love to hear your thoughts when you get to try it. Smile
One little warning though-- as with the salt rub use it BEFORE shaving if you shave your legs as the salt can sting a little if you've nipped yourself. Other than that, it's very addictive and you almost want to spend the whole day in the bathroom-- at risk of having the door broken down! :P

Summertimegirl Wink
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
One little warning though-- as with the salt rub use it BEFORE shaving if you shave your legs as the salt can sting a little if you've nipped yourself.

Been there, done that. :ouch!! Now I understand the popular saying, "Like pouring salt on a wound."

By the way, wouldn't it be fun if a thread got started about the stupidest mistakes we've made in the pursuit of beauty? A while back, I remember reading a hilarious post from Mabsy--something about using an astringent product on freshly defuzzed armpits?!!!Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by alohagirl
...By the way, wouldn't it be fun if a thread got started about the stupidest mistakes we've made in the pursuit of beauty? A while back, I remember reading a hilarious post from Mabsy--something about using an astringent product on freshly defuzzed armpits?!!!Surprised

Hehe! Yeah I remember that one, that was a classic!Very Happy I recall reading the post about your short-lived experience with Retina-A on the area around your eyes....like applying battery acid!! OUCHiiwowaaa!!Surprised

A thread on our worst BEAUTY BLUNDERS sounds fun!Very Happy I remember my little sister's very first at age 7 when she mimicked my father in shaving, foam et al and shaved her face (unfortunately for her my mum still reprises this little story to her friends!). I tease her that maybe this is why her moustache" is always so dark!! LOL!

I know that something that you DON'T do is have facials in the week you're getting married, as all the treatments can cause your skin to break out when it's detoxing itself!Wink:P
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Oooo! This sounds REALLY nice! I've never tried a salt scrub before but the Body Shop ones look nice and I've always wanted to try one.

I'm not impressed with Brisbane Origins stockists though! Why you ask? Because there is none! Well apart from the airport maybe, I'm not sure about that. None of the dept stores here have it. When I got the Skin Guardian Serum I had to order it on the phone from Myer in Sydney and get them to ship it up! Mad

I'll go for one of the Body Shop salt scrubs first I think. Well after I finish the Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream (the one in the big tub). I got that a few months back. Why? One word.... MINTY! Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and yes, TendSkin + freshly exfoliated skin = A LOT OF BADNESS!

Thankfully I can't think of any other silly things I've done. I'm sure they exist but my brain is fairly efficient at represing those memories. The TendSkin one is still around because it was bloody painful! But my brain is working on that one too... Smile

I would love to hear other people's though Cool
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I thought of another one: When I was a teenager, really soft pencil eyeliners hadn't been invented yet. So it wasn't unusual to see girls in public restrooms using a match to melt the tip of a hard eyebrow pencil and then apply it as eyeliner.

So one day I thought I'd give it a try. I lit the tip, it melted nicely, and I immediately placed it to my eyelid. (I didn't know you were supposed to let it cool a bit.) The result? A blob of burning hot wax stuck to my eyelashes.

How did Summertime girl put it? OUCHiiwowaaa!!Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
SurprisedSurprised OMG!! Alohagirl that must've absolutely KILLED!! I hope there was no real damage to your eyes!Surprised It's interesting that they invented eyebrow pencils before eyeliners, I didn't know that!! Blame that on Liz Taylor and Sophia Loren for making big eyebrows beautiful!! I squirm to think what those girls did back then in the name of beauty--but I think it's very chic to be improvising though! WinkVery Happy

My mum had an accident with a gas stove and singed all her eyelashes and eyebrows, so she went and got her eyebrows tattooed on-- they turned out blue!! The ink might have appeared black but somehow it just looked blue in normal light-- this seems to be the mode of things for Asian women to tattoo their eyeliners and eyebrows. I wish my mum had consulted with me first! Mad Oh btw, her eyelashes and eyebrows grew back! WinkVery Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

I'm not impressed with Brisbane Origins stockists though! Why you ask? Because there is none!

I can't believe Origins hasn't set up shop in Brissie yet!Surprised There are at least three stores here in Sydney, I'm sure we could do with one less if they take themselves to Brisbane. If you want to try this scrub or like anything from Origins, let me know as it's no hassles for me to send it up to you. I've tried the Body Shop one too, it's nice but the salt grains are smaller and aren't as stimulating, I like a coarser scrub!:P
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Summertimegirl, that's very nice of you. For the time being I'll stick with finishing the Clinique scrub though or I'll never get through it! Smile I might pop into the Body Shop on the weekend and test that one out as well.

I just checked the Origins website and found out that the only QLD stockist is in Cairns! Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

I just checked the Origins website and found out that the only QLD stockist is in Cairns! Surprised

That's a BUMMER!!! Cairns! Gorgeous place but who lives in Cairns!Surprised:P
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
ROFL! Let's hope nobody on this forum does! :P It is a lovely place to go for a holiday though, unless you're there while there's a cyclone off the Whitsunday Islands Mad

Oh this is classic!! After reading your post I got curious as to why on earth Origins would opt to put a store in Cairns as opposed to Brisbane or Gold Coast. So I went back to the Origins website and clicked on the "Cairns" link and got this ->

DFS Galleria Gold Coast
25 Cavill Ave Surfers Paradise QLD
Cairns

LOL! They think that the Gold Coast is in Cairns! Oh man, that's good! Smile Anyways, I'm planning a trip down the coast on the weekend so I'll pop in and check out the scrub Very Happy

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

LOL! They think that the Gold Coast is in Cairns! Oh man, that's good! Smile Anyways, I'm planning a trip down the coast on the weekend so I'll pop in and check out the scrub Very Happy

Opps! A bit of a typo on the website, well at least we Aussies will be a little less confused!Very Happy Not to bag out Cairns at all, but having a store there instead of Brisbane or Gold Coast (as there IS!) just doesn't make sense.... Mabsy, you reminded me of the year my brother took his girlfriend to Cairns for what he thought would be a romantic holiday in a tropical paradise amongst the most beautiful scenery in the world (Cairns boasts beautiful white-sand beachs, coral reefs, rainforest etc in the one geographical area) but unlucky for them, they were hit by a cyclone and spent most of the time huddled up inside their hotel room, playing cards and getting scared together! Very Happy

Let me know what you think of the Minty-ness of this scrub, it's an addictive to-die-for delish scrub! Wink

Summertimegirl Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I went to DFS Galleria and had a look at the Origins stuff. Believe it or not the scrub you wrote about was the only one they didn't have a tester for. They also had signs about it being new so I'm guessing it got introduced to Australia fairly recently (or at least to DFS Galleria). It sells at DFS for $44 though I'm not sure if that is duty-free or normal price. I almost bought the other salt scrub though ('coz I like the glass jar Very Happy) but I decided to check the ingredients. All we're talking is sea salt, carrier oil and some essential oils really. So this is going to be my project this week Smile I'm going to go to the supermarket and buy a glass jar and some sea salt. Then I'm going to add some Body Shop massage oil (I think it's soybean oil) as well as a few drops of tea tree oil and some other essential oil (not quite sure what yet). Then I'll see how it goes Smile

Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

That sounds like a fun project but you might want to be careful with the sea salt bought from supermarkets as they're a lot bigger and sharper than the grains in the product! Surprised You don't want a Gong for the Worst Beauty Blunder award caused by rough salt cuts! Mad:P

I'm surprised that DFS haven't stocked this yet as it's been in the shops for a while here in Sydney. The $AUD44 is the duty-free price, I paid $AUD60 for my tub of this Spreadable scrub. See how you go with the home project scrub because I'm so tempted to send it up for you to try it-- it's nothing like the Salt rub except for the great SpearMINT/ MINTY scent. This product seriously kills dull skin.

Summertimegirl Wink
Mabsy

Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny that you wrote that because I went to Coles yesterday and found sea salt. Took one look at it and thought 'well I LIKE exfoliation, but not THAT much". I went for normal cooking salt instead. I bought a glass jar (one of those heavy glass jars with a lid that's attached by a metal clamp) and put it heaps of salt, then added about 100mL of soybean oil (Body Shop massage oil) and a bit of tea tree oil as well as some lavender oil. Mixed it all up and VOILA! It smells quite nice and makes skin super smooth. I haven't tried it all over (it was really late and I just got out of the shower anyway) but I tried it on my hands and thought it was really good. I'm going to use it in the shower tonight Very Happy

Just to clarify, DFS galleria does stock the spreadable body scrub, they just didn't have testers for it so I couldn't try it. But I think it is new because they had signs saying so plus it's still not in the catalogue that I picked up while I was there. I'll pop in and see if they have a tester in a few weeks.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's so cool Mabsy, I admire you're DIY approach to beauty! :P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

That's awesome that you made up a DIY version of the salt rub-- Mmmmm teatree oil, lavender oil and soybean oil sounds so good together Wink I wish I had time on my hands to do stuff like that and be really inventive but I don't unfortunately Sad Usually the 4 days off at the end of every cycle I work is devoted to Laundry Day, making time for friends who I never see because of odd working hours or catching up on other stuff that I gradually neglect to do....like keeping in touch with friends who have moved overseas-- that's a challenge as I am so crap at correspondance!!! Sad:P

Oh I wanted to mention something funny about this Origins Spreadable Scrub, only reason I'm revisiting this thread!....( besides wishing that Origins brings out a larger tub of this!!! LOVE IT!)..... I came home the other day and my mum says "What did you use in the bathroom this morning?!! There was a whole line of ANTS marching in there!!" I stood confused momentarily then burst out laughing as I realised it was the brown and white sugar in the Scrub that attracted the army of ants from out of nowhere...... SurprisedVery Happy. So for those of you guys who get a hold of this lovely scrub, use it in the tub or shower where it can be washed away and if you are a girl who usually takes the kitchen sink with her everywhere DON'T use it anywhere near your campsite!! :PWink:P

Summertimegirl xx
Mabsy

Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:55 am      Reply with quote
LOL I bet you the ants really enjoyed it!

Well I learned something about my scrub too. When you make a scrub with SALT you should make sure that the container does not have METAL clamps!

SALT + METAL + HUMIDITY = 'Mabsy looking for a new container for the remainder of the scrub' Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |