Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
"must buys" from Europe.. what are they?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
OK, it just hit me... I have the chance of a lifetime to get all the Europe only/Europe-is-cheapest skincare I want come June.

Hubby is going to Germany for World Cup he is ripe to send on a shopping spree for me (he feels bad that he gets a great vacation and I dont)

So, what "must" I get him to buy me that I cannot get in Japan/USA??

Gonna get him to buy the Juvedical eye serum/cream for me to try, and prolly search out that Roche (um, the French thingy one) sunscreen that carekate raved about... but what else????

Gimme a list girls!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Your poor Husband!!!

*Dr Hauschka Skincare is one I can think of Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Blimey! Trusting my husband in our local supermarket on his own with a detailed list is bad enough, goodness only knows what mine would come back with! Laughing

I was going to give you a list of British skincare makers, but, to be honest, they'll probably be both difficult to find and expensive over in Germany.

The only one I can think of is the same as rosebud - Dr Hauschka. That should be considerably cheaper over there.
Mabsy

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:10 am      Reply with quote
-definitely Dr Hauschka
-LRP
-perhaps Decleor - I was told it was cheaper in France but didn't find that to be the case where I looked

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Yep, I recently ventured across the Channel, only to find that Sisley, Decleor, etc weren't much cheaper at all than in the UK. It was very disappointing.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
LRP??

I have never considered buying anything from Dr. H.. I better check them out before he goes and search the posts here for "must haves"
Mabsy

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
LRP??

Sorry. La Roche-Posay. Just a thought. I'm not sure what in their line is the star product but they ARE cheaper over there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
oh yea, THAT is the company... I said:

Quote:
Roche (um, the French thingy one) sunscreen that carekate raved about

LOL My hubby is just a darling. So long as he has a precise list of what I want he goes and gets it!! He did the same thing for me in Hong Kong a few years back.. Very Happy Love my lovely hubby
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
OK, I am gonna forget Dr. H I think... I just remembered that BABOR is from Germany!!!!

wave that is me waving BYE BYE to all my money... oooh, gotta make a list....
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
lrp:

LRP Anthelios XL FE SPF 60--
this sunscreen is THE star. Not only among lrp products, but also because it provides the best sun spf and ppd protection available today.

IMHO there is no point in buying wonderful, expensive skin products if you do nothing to protect your skin from sun damage.

buy a case of lrp Laughing
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just the info I was looking for! We're going on a motorcycle trip through Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy in June and I was wondering about what to buy over there.

I'll definately load up on the sunblock, try a few more Dr. Hauschka products and look for the Weleda Skin Food that Mabsy reviewed.

That is so great that your husband will shop for you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Definetly Dr.H ( the cleasing cream is 8 euro, and the rosecream around 13 euros..)
Decleor is the same price as at eds. On other skinproduct line is R.A. Eckstein! Very good and not to expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
This fall, I bought in Paris (pharmacy)Caudalie - C20 moisturiser for 13.50 euros, and Beauty Elixir (1 oz) for 6.50 euros. In Sephora, Paris, the prices were much higher.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
well, since Dr. H is THAT cheap, I might as well get a tube of the cleansing cream to try.

and Babor 2-step cleansing...

and.. LRP....

and.. Juvedical (if it is cheaper)

and.. hmm.. might send him off to check Cellcosmet pricing..
Liss
5% products discount

Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
hi tiger_tim

just thought I would let you know that you need to be careful about making you shopping list

some brands like Dr H and Babor sometimes get the name of their product lots in translation. I had my boyfriend get me some Dr H Toner, and I have not been abel to figure out which one I got yet (I speak german) in english the label says skin tonic but there is no toner called skin tonic... Confused
Babor to do not always label their products that are ment for the domestic market whit international names, but the instructions in the box usually have them (I could never get my boyfriend to spend time reading instructions while on boystrip Rolling Eyes )
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
i second liss -- do your homework!

make a list that includes the german name and preferably a picture (transcends any language). for instance the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Creme is called Gesichtswaschcreme in german. (personally, i'd go for the Rhythmic Night Conditioner -- Hautkur -- as well, IMO their unsung hero.) it will make things *much* easier for your husband and you're more likely to have him come back with what you wanted. (unless you want more food deodorant Laughing )

also, if the price is similar, you can a lot more bang for your buck having him go to a big department store for some of the items. they tend to be more likely to speak english and are usually quite generous with the samples, especially if your husband puts on the charm and explains the more 'goodies' he brings home, the happier you will be! also, i know in france at least, he might be able to get a tax refund. much easier in the department stores -- which can save a lot of money. i truly don't know if germany works this way though. check it out.

HTH
Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh, good tip on the department stores!! I remember Italy being like that too.

He will be heading off with printouts showing the product, its name in German and English, and the pricing (Yes, I have been accused of being anal retentive... but I prefer to think of it as being prepared!)

In Japan the Dr. H products do not have English on the box. We have the German packaging with Japanese so it was rather a joke me trying to work out what was what on the shelf. German is not as easy as French to work out what they are, but so much English derived from European languages that it is not that hard to work out what it "might be".

I remember seeing Gesichtswaschcreme and thinking well I can see "wasch" and "creme" so I think that must be the cream cleanser Laughing

Thanks for the vivid reminder of my deodorant problem, but there is no chance I am going to be using hair gel as a cleanser! (which by the way, my DH did once... we were traveling and he asked what he should use to wash his face and I said "the cleanser is in the thingy on the sink -- meaning the sample DHC soap was resting on the paper glass cover beside the sink... and he picked up the little tub of hair wax and used that then wondered why his face felt greasy. I almost died laughing ...)
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

(which by the way, my DH did once... we were traveling and he asked what he should use to wash his face and I said "the cleanser is in the thingy on the sink -- meaning the sample DHC soap was resting on the paper glass cover beside the sink... and he picked up the little tub of hair wax and used that then wondered why his face felt greasy. I almost died laughing ...)

my boyfriend has done similar things but there's no way he'd ever admit to it! i've just caught him squirming and wondered what has he done now.... i had some diaper rash cream (to calm a huge red cyst) and he had telltale white traces at the edge of the lips. don't know if he put it on as an after-shave balm or brushed his teeth with it!!! Bad Grin

check out: http://www.dr.hauschka.de/english/index.htm

when you figure out what you want (and where it is) erase the /english/index.htm and you get the german site in all it's glory. (and, yes, french is much easier than german but i've still managed to muck it up Embarassed )
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
what about Boots ?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this is applicable to Germany, but when my sister went to Paris last year I asked her to buy a couple of Caudalie items as well as some Phyto haircare, both of which are easier to find/cheaper there.

Annemarie Borlind is a German skincare company you might want to investigate.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
taking notes, taking notes....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Nuxe, Decleor, Darphin, Dr. Hauschka are cheap in Europe. Also would check out ther Perfumeries over there. Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
OH yes, Caudalie perfume!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
If anyone's interested, T K Maxx in the UK have some Darphin Intral kits for only £12 at the moment - which is a huge bargain.
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if any of you girls come from France and if so, whether you've heard of a line called "eclat de vie". I've been buying them on and off for years and they are absolutely wonderful. My skin is oily and I had big, red, painful cystic bumps on my face until the age of 35, which these products significantly helped clear up. Funny thing is, my mom, who was in her fifties at the time, used the very same products(serums, gels) I did and her fine, dry skin looked wonderfully young and fresh. I've been buying them here in Greece straight from one particular salon, and they are the only ones that import them. I haven't been able to find anything on them on the internet either. Anyway, I think they would be worth trying.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |