Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Origins underwear for lashes and Fresh vital base mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl reminded me of the Origins underwear for lashes, so I thought I'd repurchase it. You put it on before your mascara, and your lashes look like this really cool albino white color. I suppose you could leave it like that, if you like the look :P but I put on Fresh vital base black mascara on top. This combination is excellent and the results are definitely longer lashes. Sometimes they look too long and spidery, I worry if I have the false lashes look Surprised I think I need to just keep practicing how to apply mascara correctly. The Fresh vital base mascara is a conditioning formula with rose extract and aloe. The only downside to the origins underwear for lashes is that a lot of product can come out on the brush, so you have to scrape some of it back in the tube. Definitely will keep using!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime,
Sounds like I need to try the Fresh Vital base mascara, you've got a good combo going for lashes-- rose extract and aloe sounds really nice! I have a feeling this will be a hit with Mabsy as well since she's so into anything that smells like roses.Very Happy I've never heard of this brand before (there used to be a store called Fresh which had a beautiful line of bath and body products but I don't think they're related) so I will have to look into it to see if I can get it here in Oz.Surprised

I used my tube of Origins Underwear for lashes on holidays and it's a really nice product-- combined with a mascara you have instant fat, long lashes. Surprised The only thing is the "underwear" straightens my curled lashes, my lashes grow stubbornly straight and downwards:( so I have to curl them again when the mascara has dried (I know this is risking it as the lashes can be pulled out with the curler)....but I want the :oPENED doe-eyed look-- so the question is how DO those Japanese girls do it?!?! They always seem to have perfectly curled eyelashes pumped with mascara!! I own a good curler- Shu Uemura's. Maybe I need to be more patient when curling, by holding the heated curler for a lengthier time instead of being to eager to rush out the door!:PWink

I'm interested to know what's everyone's "curling" technique?
Summertimegirl
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
re: the Fresh Vital base mascara. It doesn't smell like roses FYI :P But it is excellent for people who wear contacts like myself. I got it at sephora. Let me know if you need help getting it. Wink I also have straight asian lashes--I don't use an eyelash curler anymore. I just use the technique that I learned from makeup artists--that I am still trying to master! You jiggle the wand at the root for a few seconds then flip the lashes up. And you should get the DSurprisedE eyed look. I'm not that great at it, but other artists have done it on me and it looks amazing. My problem is lashes sticking together--I think maybe I need to get an eyelash comb.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, also can you tell me in detail about the heated curler, sounds both fascinating and terrifying at the same time!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime,
I'm glad that you clarified that the Fresh Vital base mascara doesn't smell like roses otherwise we'd be ordering them by the dozen!!:PWink I must admit that I adore the smell of roses as well although I don't have any products that have rose scent/ extracts in them...I use a demineralised water in my iron called Iron Fresh by Fabulon, it has a Jasmine Rose scent and the steam makes the clothes smell nice!! I have a Phytomer rosewater on order so that should satisfy my little rose "Lemming" for a while-- HAHA! That was so funny how we got off-topic on the lemmings. Very Happy

About the eyelash curling technique, I tried the jiggle and flip method that you were once instructed and unfortunately, this didn't do much to get my super stubbornly straight eyelashes to curl up:( I always have to curl my eyelashes with a curler to open up my eyes. I envy you girls who are blessed with lovely pre-curled lashes!!!OK, to get super curly eyelashes, you need to blow some heat onto your curler with a hairdryer for just a few seconds, you don't want it to be too hot and burn the delicate eye area-- just warm enough to create a curl. You spoon the curler over your lashes and starting from the base, curl in three sections outwards towards the tips. To get a good curl, you need to hold it for awhile-- I count to 10 each curl. If I have time, I love doing this as it gives you really curly lashes that look like they have had a perm, only natural!!! Very Happy The secret is to give the curler some heat, even if you don't have a hairdryer, holding it in the sun does the trick. It was a great little tip I picked up from a mag and it works, sometimes I just wear it like that without mascara as it really opens up your eyes...

I read a thread about eyelash perming sometime ago where Mabsy had queried whether it would change the condition of the lashes such as make them fall out or not but I don't think there was an answer. I am also deadly curious about it as well as eyelash tinting-- has anyone had this done??.... and if so, is it safe to wear contact lenses to the session?

Summertimegirl Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, thanks for the curling tips. Have you also tried the heated curler for lashes that require a battery?-- (I'm not sure the exact name for it). My VERY straight lashes flip upwards when I use the Origins underwear for lashes, but I remember you saying that it actually straightens yours. Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I 've had a try of the Lash Wand heated eyelash curler by ModelCo. in the dept store when they were promoting it. It's a battery powered wand that has ridges along it's head. You apply mascara first, then press the heated rod at the root of your lashes, folding them back over your eyelid like you are applying mascara-- the good thing about it is that it is safe as the coil cannot overheat. Apparently it boasts a following such as Elle Macpherson, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue and Katherine Zeta Jones.... I tried it without mascara as I didn't want to put an instore mascara on, it did work but I didn't buy it, I probably should give it a good try as it's only $AU30.00.

You must have quite curl-iable eyelashes...when I said the Origins underwear for lashes straightens mine, I meant that it un-curls them after I have given them the once over with the curler.
:P That's why I'm curious about eyelash perming.... I remember my brother's girlfriend who is Japanese told me that she had it done at a Japanese salon, where tiny curlers are put on the lashes with a perming solution... I will have to ask her for more details as I'd love to look into it. She also wears contacts so I think the risk of it hurting your eye/ eye area is minimal.Smile

Summertimegirl Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, I'm really curious about the heated eyelash curler, but I must admit that using anything hot or heated around my eyes does freak me out a little-- Surprised I wonder about the long term effects...
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I can't be sure of the long-term effects of using heated eyelash curlers on our delicate eye area either, but given that the curlers are only warmed up, I think there can be little harm. I just always make sure that when I zap my curler with a hairdryer it's "warm" and not hot enough to burn. The heated lash wands also only felt warm when I tried them, the coil is designed not to over-heat, otherwise they would be getting customer's recoiling violently and jumping out of their chairs!MadSurprised
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, allow me to answer some of your questions for as of Saturday I am the proud owner of a ModelCo heated eyelash curler Very Happy I've read so many raves about this curler that... yes... that little suicidal rodent (the I-Demand-Curler-Perfection Lemming) woke up! :P

I tried some other el-cheapo heated curler before (can you say Danoz Direct? Smile) and didn't get good results. I am *L*O*V*I*N*G* the ModelCo one though! You really do need to use it after you've put on mascara. I do have to clarify thogh that what I get from this 'curler' is more of a 'lift' than a 'curl'. Suits me just fine though, it opens up my eyes and the curl lasts for about 8 hours on me. I've always had trouble curling my lashes. I have a Shu and I have a Shiseido and they do a great job (unless I'm not careful and make my lashes crinkly) but after I put mascara on, even curling one, the effect just doesn't last long.

Better yet, the ModelCo looks like a pen and you can carry it in your handbag. I imagine I'd bring it with me if I was going out after work and my lashes needed a 'boost'. It's amazing how that can make you look less tired!

You can't burn yourself with the heated curler because it isn't hot enough but yeah, damage to lashes has crossed my mind seeing as they are being warmed up with mascara on them....

Anyways, final verdict.... two thumbs up! Cool

Oh, and btw, I have noticed that it seems to work with some mascaras better than others. The curl seems to last longest with the Clinique High Impact Mascara (over the Flextencils and Clinique curling one). It's early days still though, so perhaps I haven't perfected my technique.
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I forgot to ask...

Thoughtcrime - have you used the two-sided Revlon mascara that has a white primer on one end? If so then how does it compare to the Origins?

Thanks Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thanks for the detailed description of the heated lash curler. I'll have to ask you in a few months if you still like it and your lashes are still in good condition, i.e. not falling out--I'm just teasing! :P Does the heated lash curler give the look of fake spidery lashes, or does it look natural?
I haven't tried the Revlon one and didn't even know they made one. I still like the Origins one and am using it daily. Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime & Mabsy,

I think L'oreal has followed suit with the double-ended Primer/ Mascara trend too! :P I've seen the ads...the white base coat has Ceramide-R (fortifier) and natural fibres in it to thicken and the other end a mascara, I haven't tried either L'oreal's or Revlons. I am loving the Origins Underwear for Lashes though, it's brilliant! Glad you guys gave it the thumbs up otherwise it would have been sitting in my make up chest unused and unappreciated! SurprisedVery Happy

Summertimegirl x
Mabsy

Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - LOL, fingers crossed they will be fine. They should be, it's not really that much heat at all. The thing that worries me is that you are heating them up with mascara on them. Oh well, wait and see Smile Btw, the lashes do look very natural. I'm still happy with the curler.

Summertimegirl - Yeah, I've seen the ads for the L'Oreal one. I don't really like the Revlon one (I don't see it doing much really) so I don't think I'll buy the L'Oreal unless there are some spectacular reviews of it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |