Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Hauschka Hair Care Product reviews?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
4luvofk9s
5% products discount

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I am placing an order for the Dr. H Body and Face Care Kits, and was wondering if anyone has tried Dr. H Hair Care products. I have an extremely sensitive/itchy scalp and have been trying a lot of no soap types of hair shampoos and shea butter conditioners, but some make my scalp extremely itchy. There was one that worked pretty good for a while, but after a while my hair seems very limp and dry - I also have chemically processed hair with 75% grey.

Thanks for any input!

4luvofk9s
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried their shampoo and conditioner - wasn't thrilled with the results although they products aren't terrible. The shampoo stings - I guess this might be a good sign for an itchy scalp but it didn't help mine. I have a VERY itchy scalp and the only product I've found that soothes it so far is Calaguala Fern shampoo from Aubrey Organics. Oh, and I wouldn't recommend Dr H conditioner for processed hair since it didn't leave my hair very conditioned.

My bottom line is that the shampoo is worth a shot (my friend adores it) but the conditioner isn't!!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
About a year ago I tried Dr. H's Apricot Shampoo and it was just okay. I thought that after awhile my hair started looking a bit dry. I did look at the ingredients and if I remember correctly (like I said it was a year ago) they included alcohol which I thought was strange as this could be drying in a shampoo (although I'm certainly not an expert on these things.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Smile

I've tried the Dr H Neep Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner, and didn't like either of them. I have long, fine, curly hair, prone to oiliness near the scalp, with dry ends. The Neep shampoo seemed to actually make my scalp oilier, while the dry ends didn't feel very conditioned at all. I have an itchy scalp as well, and I do think the shampoo was good for that. But my hair looked and felt so limp and lifeless while I was using these products, that I didn't finish the (rather small) bottles.

It's expensive, too...

Cheers Smile
Yulia
4luvofk9s
5% products discount

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your responses I will definitely not be purchasing the shampoo products.

Pat
Mabsy

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their Nasturtium shampoo by any chance? I was keeping thinking of getting that one but your comments have almost killed that lemming. Still, the description of what it is supposed to do sounds so good! There's no reviews of it on MUA yet Sad

Quote:
Often, in the treatment of oily hair, a vicious circle is evident. Frequent washing in an attempt to keep the hair looking clean, results in the hair being stripped of its oils, encouraging the scalp to produce even more oil. The new Dr.Hauschka Nasturtium Shampoo, with its pleasant mint fragrance, helps to break this cycle by regulating the oil prouction of the scalp.
Horse-radish and Neem extracts assist in calming the scalp whilst the wheat proteins allow a silky shine. Our trials concluded that fine, somewhat lank hair was found to have more body as a result of using nasturtium shampoo; the greasiness began to reduce after a couple of weeks, with less flakiness of the scalp as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Tried the Nasturtium and it did nothing but make my hair oilier and it was almost too thick to work with. Then tried the Pave's and that really regulated my oily hair better.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Tried the Nasturtium and it did nothing but make my hair oilier and it was almost too thick to work with. Then tried the Pave's and that really regulated my oily hair better.

Thank you! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Then tried the Pave's and that really regulated my oily hair better.

What's Pave's?? Does it regulate an oily scalp?
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I got a couple of samples of Dr. Hauschka's shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt dry after using them.
Rosa

Sat May 31, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Can you leave product in your hair as a treatment or is it too heavy?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
i dont like dr,hauschka produit, because i feel they are not very useful.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |