Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
PSF lip plumper vs. Skinceuticals Lip Repair? Review Please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using the SC Antioxidant Lip Repair and love it. It is very hydrating and has a nice texture. It keeps my lips soft during winter months. But it's not a plumper so my lips are pale. I don't necessarily need the plumping effect, yet - thank goodness, with the HA pills.

My question is, can I get the same results with the PSF product as I do with my SC PLUS a little boost in color? I love PSF and the chocolate sounds so yummy.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like the SC better even though I've only been using it for a couple of days now. The moisture seems to last a lot longer although the chocolate taste of the PSF is great! I don't really notice color improvement with either, at least not at this point with the SC.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I personally like the SC better even though I've only been using it for a couple of days now. The moisture seems to last a lot longer although the chocolate taste of the PSF is great! I don't really notice color improvement with either, at least not at this point with the SC.
Me, too. Much as I love our boy Darren, I really wasn't thrilled with the lip plumping abilities of the PSF plumper although it makes a nice lip balm. ETA: Didn't experience any boosting of my natural lip color either. Sad

Also, I just finished a sample of the Revive Lip and Periordal blah, blah product (the stuff that costs $125) and have to say that I was completely underwhelmed! I much prefer my Skinceuticals Lip Repair. In fact, to me, the only difference between the two is that the Revive contains a chemical exfoliant ingredient which I found completely unnecessary because I already use my own homemade lip scrub every morning to exfoliate my lips. I'd much rather pay $30 for my Skinceuticals Lip Repair on Ebay and save the remaining $95 bucks to fool around with other products or buy more ingredients with which to make more magic potions in my "laboratory"!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the revive lip stuff as well for about 8 days now, it definately hasn't plumped up my lips, but what it has done is define my lip line more (although the HA does that all by itself as well) and the vertical wrinkles are greatly reduced. I can't find anywhere on revives website or on the product where it is for plumping (although I know a review by someone raved about that ability) it is mainly for lips and skin above and below for the reduction of lip lines, and I must say it is deliverying on that !! Yea. So I am sticking with the HA for plumping (nothing I've tried has delivered plumping as the HA does)!!
Melissa
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I've been using the revive lip stuff as well for about 8 days now, it definately hasn't plumped up my lips, but what it has done is define my lip line more (although the HA does that all by itself as well) and the vertical wrinkles are greatly reduced. I can't find anywhere on revives website or on the product where it is for plumping (although I know a review by someone raved about that ability) it is mainly for lips and skin above and below for the reduction of lip lines, and I must say it is deliverying on that !! Yea. So I am sticking with the HA for plumping (nothing I've tried has delivered plumping as the HA does)!!
Melissa

So would you purchase a full size of the Revive? Out of curiosity, have you tried the Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair because it provides the same results you indicated with the Revive but it’s a helluva lot cheaper. Another product you might want to try to help define and repair the lip contour area would be Isomers Lip Firming Serum (click here: Isomers Lip Firming Serum: http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=C17300&storeid=1&track=-20101)

Here is what they have to say about both products on MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=31259/Skinceuticals/SkinCeauticals%20-%20Antioxidant%20Lip%20Repair/ and http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=38567/lip_firming_serum/Isomers/Lip_Treatments/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Caretake,
No I havent tried skinceuticals lip repair, but I am definately willing too. Prior to hearing of a cheaper version, yes I would of bought a full size, I still have a few samples to go thru, but the results have made me a happy girl. I have tried isomers and found nothing even after 2 bottles, I for quiet a bit used her entire line, I thought it was great till I ran out and moved on to try diff stuff, I never went back when I saw no change to my skin by NOT using them. She claims to be so inexpensive but when you add up needing 8 bottles of her stuff to complete her line it gets quiet costly for ingredients most now have. I am def not slamming isomers, I just think the money(she has come down a bit now and is doing more kits than before) for her products adds up to the same as these super costly products. I am so wanting to find a line and just be in love with it, yea I know good luck me huh.

P.S. my biggest concern about aging is around my mouth, my problems arent huge but I def don't want them becoming so, so thanks for the tip, I will try it and compair, I am all for saving money!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Ok bad me, I did this backwards, I replied then read the reviews you supplied. Ok quick question, you said you use this for ur actually lips and just a tad outward, what I am loving about the revive product is it is not only for your lips but for the skin above and below, and since the HA I am happy with lips themselves what I want to ward off is the start of vertical lines. Would this work for those as well? I do love the $30.00 versus 115.00 price.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much to all of you for the wonderful feedback. This board certainly helps me avoid wasting money on the ok stuff when I could be spending it on the WOW stuff!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:50 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
...I am happy with lips themselves what I want to ward off is the start of vertical lines. Would this work for those as well? I do love the $30.00 versus 115.00 price.
Yes, I apply the Skinceuticals to my lips and around the "perimeter" of my mouth and it does help with firming and minimizing those "feather" lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Caretake,
Great thanks for the info..and savings of alot of money..sry I have been told how to do the quote thing but still can't quiet get it right..sry

Melissa
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
I have been told how to do the quote thing but still can't quiet get it right..sry
I work in IT, developing software requirements and sometimes writing training manuals, so let’s see how good I am at it:

To quote from a previous poster:

• in the ‘frame’ surrounding the post from which you want to comment, there is a “Quote” button at the upper-right of the frame;

• Click the “Quote” button and a “Post a Reply” dialogue box will appear with the text from the person’s post that you selected to quote and it will appear like this:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Blah, blah, blah...Yak, yak, yak....Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.[/quote]

You begin trying your response immediately following the “[/quote]” formatting code and then “Preview” or “Submit” the post as usual:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Blah, blah, blah...Yak, yak, yak....Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.[/quote]I am typing my reply here.

If desired, you can cut and paste from that person’s quote so that only the relevant portion remains within the formatting codes:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Yak, yak, yak...[/quote]I am typing my reply here.

Does that help?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
I have been told how to do the quote thing but still can't quiet get it right..sry
I work in IT, developing software requirements and sometimes writing training manuals, so let’s see how good I am at it:

To quote from a previous poster:

• in the ‘frame’ surrounding the post from which you want to comment, there is a “Quote” button at the upper-right of the frame;

• Click the “Quote” button and a “Post a Reply” dialogue box will appear with the text from the person’s post that you selected to quote and it will appear like this:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Blah, blah, blah...Yak, yak, yak....Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You begin trying your response immediately following the “[/quote]” formatting code and then “Preview” or “Submit” the post as usual:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Blah, blah, blah...Yak, yak, yak....Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.[/quote]I am typing my reply here.

If desired, you can cut and paste from that person’s quote so that only the relevant portion remains within the formatting codes:

[quote=”MelissaMarie”]...Yak, yak, yak...[/quote]I am typing my reply here.

Does that help?![/quote]

woohooo I did it ....DOES A HUGE WAVE OF THANKS
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the PSF plumper a while back and I'm not impressed at all. It does not plump the lips and in fact I find it quite drying. So far there's nothing out there that beats LF and the HA/Collagen pills for plumping. I've not tried Skinceuticals for the lines above my lips, however daily use of JB Skin Prep and Alphaderma CE has reduced them considerably.

Anya
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
okay, I'm reviving this. Has anyone with really dry lips used the Skinceuticals Anti-oxidant lip repair??
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
okay, I'm reviving this. Has anyone with really dry lips used the Skinceuticals Anti-oxidant lip repair??
I don't think it'll help, but I'll send you a sample of it to test out when I send your next batch of stuff....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying, CareKate and for offering to send me some. I'm still struggling with dry lips issue and still looking for my lip HG. Of course, if I stopped licking my lips that would help... Embarassed
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Skincueticals Lip Repair today from ebay. I wasn't happy with the new TNS lip system, so I'm going to give this a go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to try the SS antioxidant lip repair!
I combined a tiny bit of the stuff with a drop of Dremu oil and wala! Moisture,plumping action, exfoliation, got it all! I tried the Emu alone and the SS lip repair alone but neither worked as well alone! Hope this helps the dry aging lip people out there!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I asked PSF about the lip plumper recently as I had seen it on EDS forums but not on the site or on the PSF site. They said they hadn't sold it for about a year as they had withdrawn it and are working on an improved version.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Lips2Kiss Spa Kit and it's working wonders on repairing my lips! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |