Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
My flirtation with Shu Uemura (Depsea Range)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
OK, I have had a bit of a fling with Shu in recent months and thought it time to post my feelings on the products I tried. I am going to break this into two posts as it was waaay too long!!

First purchase:

Depsea Water spritzer $22 (Well, I paid 2,100 yen Laughing ): I actually bought two; one for hubby and one for me: Mint and Sage. I really like this spritzer as it is just the Depsea water (see note) and a tiny touch of fragrance (natural extract) and one paraben (preservative by law here) - and no coloring. The fragrance is barely noticeable - just fleeting as you spritz. It is great to use all day long in the dry office as it keeps my face moist but does not add layers of essential oils to the skin (that was the problem with Jurlique rosewater.. I could feel the film on my face). I had a bit of a problem with the spritzer on mine (why is it always me?) but I will absolutely repurchase till something better comes along.

Samples received:

Depsea Therapy Moisture Recovery Nanowater $24 (small bottle, about 5ml or so)
Depsea Therapy Moisture Recovery Equiwater $24 (small bottle, about 5ml or so)
Depsea Therapy Moisture Recovery Cream $35 (small tube, about 3ml or so)

The two Depsea cosmetic waters were very similar, but I liked the feel of the Nanowater better. It actually was quite pleasant to use (and I am not a toner/cosmetic water lover) and I had thought of buying full size (that saga appears below).
I also liked the cream and the sample was very generous and lasted me for about 4 or 5 uses I think. This product is the medium texture in the range and whilst I liked it, in the shop I felt I preferred the much lighter milky one (for summer) and the heavier, creamy one (for winter). The Shu Uemura creams are SO expensive over here in Japan compared to the US that I would not purchase this product here. Definitely worth a try though!

Just to finish off, here is the spiel on their site about Depsea Water:

Quote:
Depsea Water is found only in three places in the world; it is extracted from 320m below sea level and contains over 60 minerals. Recognized for its high affinity with the skin, Depsea Water helps to enhance the skin’s ability to retain moisture within the skin by 4 times and enhances the barrier function of the skin by more than 5 times compared to sterile water. Skin is hydrated with enhanced clarity and improved quality.

(Full info about Depsea Water is on this link: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/content/Article.aspx?cc=4&c=17 )
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
How's it going tiger_tim? Smile I will get this mist on Friday Smile My friend from Paris was given lots of full sizes as samples She's an editor for a big newspaper here = free stuff!!!. She will give me the Lavander colored one, not sure what scent it is though, I think it's one of those Japanese flowers....

Anyways I am excited Smile I am still finishing up the La Casta Rose mist I bought. Smells wonderful with no film Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
How fine is the water coming out? Can I spritz on top of makeup w/o any effect on my makeup? Now I sort of want to try the LE trio set.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
well, if it is the lavender colored bottle, then it should be the lavender one!

I currently have rose, rosemary, bergamot (yes, we have a few between the two of us)

I am still liking it, but do find that the pump gets a bit temperamental. It does spray on quite fine, so yes, you could use it over make-up I would think, but once you get into the last 1/4 (well, probably 1/6) it does not spray as wide and I seem to always have a little pool of water that gathers at the base of hte pump (I tip it into my palm and pat on my neck).

I do really love it for a quick spritz during the day at work and to spritz under serums etc to give them a bit more slip.

I would love the new limited summer scents.. especially the YUZU one! I love YUZU!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I really like their spritzer too. I have lavender, rose but Hamamelis is my favorite, it smell heavenly and is so refreshing. When I am in hot weather climate where it makes you lethargic, this is most useful because it really wakes you up and give you a boost of energy. I use it on long haul flight as well and after I spritz I would add some moisturizer so I wouldnt dehyrate too much and it really works for me. Instead of looking like a shrivel old prune I feel like myself.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I found Facial Mists by The Face Shop that looks awfully similar to Shu's.

http://www.thefaceshop.com/en/

Here is the description:
-Uses Deep Sea Water and mineral-rich Alpine Water
-Improves blood circulatio and moisturizes skin
-Soothes and relaxes the skin

I think I'll pick one up next time I'm there and give it a try (I assume it should be cheaper than Shu's as well). But the packaging just isn't as nice as Shu.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, sormuimui. I'll have a look at in the shop for this cheaper Korean version if I have a chance.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |