Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Newbie w/ some Skincare Questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
idtaminger

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey! I just stumbled across this site while shopping for skin products, and since you all seem so very knowledgeable, I'd like to just ask a few questions. Very Happy

Anyway, I have very dry skin, so dry that it flakes constantly, especially on my forehead, even when I apply moisturizer. And yet for all my dry skin problems, I still have constant acne flareups. For all the different products I've used, I've never once had truly clear skin - I'll always have at least *one* teeny pimple to torture me with. On top of that, I also have enlarged pores from picking at my acne during those hellish teen years, and not so much acne scars as certain discolored spots(I'm asian, so I assume this would be the hyperpigmentation that I've read so much about?).

So, I would really appreciate some recommendations on skin products - acne medicine that won't dry out your skin, and moisturizers that pack a hefty punch. I'm not looking for entire skincare regimens really, just a few products that'll work. I can't afford too many products anyways, poor student that I am. Confused

I'm also looking for something to reduce my pores and the like, and I seem to reading good things about Epidermx. Is there any way to get this over the counter, by any chance?

Also, another, additional problem that's bothered me for ages, - my eyebrows are weird in that they sort of become very sparse abruptly towards the middle of the brow. I always fill it out with eyeshadow and the like, just to have it balanced, but if anyone has any suggestions for making the brow hair grow, that'd be great. I've read a few posts about Ardell?, which seems to be what I'm looking for, but I can't be sure...

Wow, I wrote a lot! Lol. But any suggestions would be very welcome. Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica makes a medicated gel which is essentially a salicylic acid gel in a base that is less drying than most. I think that might be a good thing to try with a nice moisturiser over it. I always find it hard to recommend moisturisers to people with acne prone skin because what works for some may not work for others. I know Dermalogica Active Moist gets good reviews here. I also like Sothys Hydroptimale Gel, it's not heavy, it plumps up the skin and I found it to be very moisturising.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could also try natural skin care. Dr Hauschka makes a great Cleansing Cream that is fantastic for cleaning out the pores. That might help you with acne, although it could go both ways.

Re: brows. Yes, I believe Ardell would be perfect! It is after all a brow and eye lash conditioner Smile DreamLash is another one you could try. I've had very good results with a combination of both (on my lashes).

ETA: Also make sure that you exfoliate gently on a regular basis to help remove the skin flakes and also aid absorption.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Also check out the DIY Skincare thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

Zinc supplements really helped to clear my skin.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Where could you buy Dermalogica exactly? I went to their website, and they said they only sell to spas and the like. A lot of the spas that their search turned up for me, I have no idea where they are, so it's not so convenient for me to go buy.

Are there any reputable online stores that sell the line? Or do any major chains stock it by any chance? The biggest problem I always run into is finding out where to buy good skincare products. Half the time I just settle for what I can get at the corner drugstore.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
idtaminger wrote:
Where could you buy Dermalogica exactly? I went to their website, and they said they only sell to spas and the like. A lot of the spas that their search turned up for me, I have no idea where they are, so it's not so convenient for me to go buy.

Are there any reputable online stores that sell the line? Or do any major chains stock it by any chance? The biggest problem I always run into is finding out where to buy good skincare products. Half the time I just settle for what I can get at the corner drugstore.

Being in Australia, I buy most of my skincare online because it ends up much cheaper that way. I've bought Dermalogica from EDS before and but also from salons in Australia (it seems to be one of the few lines we don't get ripped off on here....). You will not find Dermalogica in department stores (that I know of) - it is stocked through beauty salons and dermatologists. If you would rather not buy online then I suggest that you contact Dermalogica, tell them where you live, and ask them for the closest stockist. HTH

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |