Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Soap bar?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I would like to know a soap bar i can use, that dosent dry my skin, i tried many soap bars, yet they all dry my skin...I clean my face using soaps, because it gets very oily...but then it becomes very very dry and tight after using soap. Dove and other leading brands all dried my skin!!! I even tried natural Olive oil soap...no luck!
any advice, thnx!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use bar soap as well and I have not really found one that didnt dry my skin a little bit. I'm currently using Aveeno bar soap for dry skin and it dosent dry too bad. I also like Neutragena in the summer but it is way to harsh for my already dry skin in the winter.

Good Luck.
jolene4him
5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchase the Risarium (rice bran oil) for my husband and his skin is soooo dry Crying or Very sad that it flakes in spots and he is loving this soap - $19.50 for 3 large bars of 5.3 ounces each. Leaves skin soft with a natural scent, also contains anti-aging properties, can be used on the face too. I purchased it through hsn.com and they can't keep it in stock.
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
jolene4him wrote:
I just purchase the Risarium (rice bran oil) for my husband and his skin is soooo dry Crying or Very sad that it flakes in spots and he is loving this soap - $19.50 for 3 large bars of 5.3 ounces each. Leaves skin soft with a natural scent, also contains anti-aging properties, can be used on the face too. I purchased it through hsn.com and they can't keep it in stock.

thats a good deal u got there :P
i found 3 for 30$ Wink
thnx for info and link!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Dermalogica's bar soap for face?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
If I live outside the U.S., can I order from hsn.com?
At this time hsn.com only accepts orders from within the United States.

ahh man, only in the US not Canada
Mabsy

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to risk it here and tell you about one that I have not tried before (but I'm getting it sent over as I type). I was casually browsing the MUA reviews one day (as you do...) and chanced upon the reviews for the Ahava mineral mud soap. The reviews were really glowing. People were talking about how it cleared up their acne, was non-drying, and just overall great. If you have an MUA account then read the reviews here: http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=26302/Dead_Sea_Mineral_Mud_Soap/Ahava/Gels/Soaps/

I finally couldn't resist the reviews and even though I usually don't use soaps to cleanse my face I caved and I'm getting a friend to send this over from the US for me. It's also nice and cheap and *should* last a long time. I'll update back in due course.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Have you dried DHC Pure or Mild Soaps? They are pretty gentle and do not dry your skin out.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, but my renewed interest in soap bars wanted to bring this back. I looked up the AHAVA dead sea mineral soap and find it more of a detergent bar than a soap based on its ingredients:

Quote:
Ingredients
Corn (Zea Mays) Starch, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetearyl Alc. Water (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Dead Sea Mud (Silt), Dead Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide, Phosphoric Acid.

http://www.amazon.com/Ahava-Dead-Sea-Mineral-Soap/dp/B0002WTGN8

I notice it has sodium lauryl sulfate in it and thus i consider it a detergent bar and not a true soap bar.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Is there any natural soap to recommend?My husband like to wash face with soap. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Most handcrafted soaps are appropriate to use on the face as well as the body. It's the commercial brands (ie - Dove, Irish Spring, etc) that contain unnecessary chemicals that leave you with that dry/tight/uncomfortable skin.

Do a Google search for handcrafted soaps - you'll find TONS of places that make and/or carry them.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Some to consider, illustrated on our website:

* Thalgo MMA Cleansing Bar

* PCA Skin pHaze 32 Blemish Control Bar

* Dermalogica The Bar

* Anthony Logistics Glycerin Cleansing Bar, Citrus Blend. (Yes, it's labelled for men, but it doesn't mean that it cannot be used by women!)

Curious to know: why is it that you are seeking "soap" or bar formulations? Do you need something portable, or have you considered using cleansing gels?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
It's just the habit of my husband cleaning the face.He refuses any kinds of cleanser gel or cream in spite of the dry skin he have. Surprised he loves the soap bar all the time of the year! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
*edited to removed DIY Business information*
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I love the bar soap from seabuckthorn.ca I use the berry one. I have oily, flaky, sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been using it for a couple of months and my skin has really improved. It doesn't leave any residue and my skin doesn't feel tight either. I know seabuckthorn is supposed to be really good for rosacea too. It's a bit pricey for soap, but it's good stuff.
Tiff
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Once awhile esp. winter time, I just rinse with hot water, don't use any soap, that won't dry your skin...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I second what Tiffy said, I love the seabuckthorn berry bar from seabuckthorn.com

Their website drives me bats**t crazy, however.

Great stuff, and has improved the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms as well.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
have you ever tried DHC Mild Soap?

The following is what I got from DHC website

"This conditioning cleanser leaves skin refreshingly clean without that tight, itchy feeling. The emollient-rich lather goes to work on grime and dirt, leaving humectants to help maintain your skin’s moisture balance. This clear and simple bar—free of unnecessary colors and fragrances—works for anyone’s skin. It’s a great body cleanser, too"
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have just been reading about a MIRACLE soap! It is herbal, called Mimosa (or Tepsecohuite) soap from Mexico.
It is supposed to be highly antibacterial and helps acne, scars, burns and gives you a radiant glow.
Its only around $20, so I have consisdered trying it.
Has anyone else tried or heard of it?
I saw it on Oz ebay, and it does have good feedback. Neutral
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the DHC bar and it did not dry me out but I used it on my body, not my face.

FYI - (for you lazy cleaners out there like me) If the soap bar has talc, starch or other binder like that in it - that is the culprit of the stuff that makes your shower doors get that hazy film that is harder than heck to get off. I have banned all bar soap from my new shower area... Cool That way I can keep it clean...

Ok, did not mean to hijack the thread... just a tid bit of info in the middle of my post.

Back to my original message... my aunt uses Purpose by Johnson & Johnson and has for years. I have not used it but she says it feels great. It is relatively inexpensive too, I think.

Here is another soap that might work for you
http://www.clearlynaturalsoaps.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=876800011
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I suggest Erno for soap bar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I would think a glycerin-based soap would be good and non-drying. There are many of them out there. Best bet would be to look in your local health food store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Ahava Moisturizing Soap and it's very good. It also has Purifying Mud Soap and Mineral Salt Soap. All of them are sold here at EDS.
luna*
5% products discount

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Besides handcrafted soaps I can highly recommend Kiss My Face's olive oil bar soaps. They are really very mild and I never had problems using them on my dry and sensitive skin. I can even use them on my face.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
If you haven't tried it, I very highly recommend Skin Biology's Gentle Clean bar soap.

I prefer bar soaps as well & this is a dream. Use it everywhere, face & body. Am totally delighted with it - nice gentle fragrance, lathers beautifully in warm water.

A real winner.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |