Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need help on deciding which to try..........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing some research and be seeing alot of Dr Hauschka products and Jurlique products.

I have been using Murad Moisture Rich Cleanser for a while its good because its gentle on my skin and does an ok job on cleansing my skin..
But its just not enough. I tried Using a washcloth as an exfoliator with the cleanser and it seems to being keeping pimples and somewhat starting to fade my blemishes away. But still not enough.. I have been using it with a washcloth everyday now and im not sure if its causing me to break out more cause i am. Just a few days ago i thought i was going in a direction of starting to finally control my skin but just today my skin felt weird got worst. I got more pimples on top of what i was having.

I have sensitive, stubborn, somewhat dry, mild acne, somewhat smooth skin but with blemishes that are hard to fade away..and I keep hearing how great these products are..

Jurlique and Dr Hauschka

I checked the ingredients for the Jurlique Face Wash Cream and Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and they seem to have good Indgredients.. My skin hates well i think Fragrance. My skin tends to dry if the product is too harsh so are these too harsh where it will require me to use a toner or moisturize. I rarely use a moisturizer because i can never find a good thin one that doesnt clog pores.

Any advice on which to try first?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I really would get samples first, Dr Hauschka does do a tin with all mini versions of the cleanser, toner and moisturisers.

If your skin hates fragrence then try the DIY recipes first, the homemade version of Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream is as good as the real thing (if not better),

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

Rosewater would be a good toner for you, although the Apple Cider Vinegar Toner is very good for acne and all skin types.
Have you tried moisturising with an oil?
Grapeseed oil makes a fantastic moisturiser for skin with acne and it can be applied as thin as you as you like, I have been using an oil for a while now and would never consider going back to a conventional moisturiser.
Oils to look into are Grapeseed and Jojoba

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ I never tried moisturizing with oil. I tried this product called Juliets night time cream. It has jojoba oil,lavender oil, carrot seed oil, pafina rosa oil, bergamot oil, chamomile oil and vitamin-e oil. But it clogs my pores i think and its thick..so..
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
i will try this one. I just hope Pray
Is this good for blackheads on the nose?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-daily-face-ca-p_2941.htm

now another question what mask or peel is good for sensitive skin. One that has no fragrance and i Sulfur makes me breakout. Anybody have an idea why? Is it just hurting my skin or actually opening clogged pores?
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is not sensitive, but it is dry. I love the Dr. H Cleansing Cream. I've never tried anything from Jurlique, but I that it's very good too! Dr. H CC is wonderful for blackheads, however, you still need to cleanse your face before using, as it's not really a cleanser for taking off makeup.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:

now another question what mask or peel is good for sensitive skin. One that has no fragrance and i Sulfur makes me breakout. Anybody have an idea why? Is it just hurting my skin or actually opening clogged pores?

Honestly, the best thing for blackheads and skin congestion would have to be Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (or the Jurlique one - they are essentially the same). I've had great results with both!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
mixCD wrote:

Honestly, the best thing for blackheads and skin congestion would have to be Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (or the Jurlique one - they are essentially the same). I've had great results with both!

that sounds good I ordered it earlier today hopefully i'll get it soon and see what the results are like..
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Jurlique's Face Wash Cream than Dr. HCC. I find Julique's is gentler and smells nicer than Dr. HCC. Surprised

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I prefer Jurlique's Face Wash Cream than Dr. HCC. I find Julique's is gentler and smells nicer than Dr. HCC. Surprised

Yeah, I think it does smell a bit nicer but I do like the smell of Dr H. My main gripe with the Jurlique is that it actually had little chunks of petals etc it in (the Dr H is a smooth paste with extracts) and this keeps getting stuck around my hair line and is difficult to wash off Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and my skin after 1 month hated the jurlique line-I could not tolerate all the essential oils and Rosewater etc that it had in it. It worked GREAT but my skin developed rashes to it. i took away one product each week and by the end when I was not using it at all things started to go back to normal. Some people are allergic to all natural lines they are great but be careful get samples before you invest. I now use simple: Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser, SC Revitilizing Toner and either MD Forte Replenshing Cream pm and Phytomer Contiune Moisture am its natural to some degree but not overpowering. Hope this helps

46yr old (47 on 2/2Cool normal/sensitive sometimes t-zone
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
anybody have sensitive skin that has trouble with fragrance? I ask because i notice that the toners used in the Dr. H line has fragrance in them. I think im allergic to fragrance..
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
well i just received sample of Dr. H products... The cleansing cream smells bad..Laughing and then i used the toner.. I hope i dont breakout because the toner has fragrance but then again i used a fragrance free toner and cleanser before and nothing.. so oh well..

I also got the lotion but not sure how should i start using the products to test them out? Should i start doing this?

Dr. H cleansing cream
Facial Toner
Lotion?

day and night..
Mabsy

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
I also got the lotion but not sure how should i start using the products to test them out? Should i start doing this?

Dr. H cleansing cream
Facial Toner
Lotion?

day and night..

To be on the safe side, try the cleanser and toner for a while, then add the lotion. It is possible to experience a mild (at least in my case) breakout as the cleansing cream brings stuff out to the surface. A lot of people say that the cleanser smells like beer Smile I don't like beer, but I do actually like the scent of the cleanser. Jurlique cleansing cream might be a better alternative for you if you can't get used to the smell. The effect is the same as the Dr Hauschka.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
another question..

How would i know if which product is not working when im using them both? What are some signs that tells me "oh the toner is not working but the cleansing cream is" and vice versa?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Yeah, I think it does smell a bit nicer but I do like the smell of Dr H. My main gripe with the Jurlique is that it actually had little chunks of petals etc it in (the Dr H is a smooth paste with extracts) and this keeps getting stuck around my hair line and is difficult to wash off Laughing

That's funny because when I use the Dr. H CC I get tons of tiny almond bits stuck in my eyebrows. Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
another question..

How would i know if which product is not working when im using them both? What are some signs that tells me "oh the toner is not working but the cleansing cream is" and vice versa?

You can cut out the toner too if you like. To be honest I never quite considered that a toner may not "work" but I guess there is a chance that you might break out from it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
well its been 2 days since i've been using the products and i am experiencing some kind of purging as mentioned from other members that you might experience at first. Its an aight purge i guess. But my face feels kinda wierd. Its a little dry so i guess i'll start using some of the moisturizer...Hopefully lets see how it goes over the weekend...
Mabsy

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
well its been 2 days since i've been using the products and i am experiencing some kind of purging as mentioned from other members that you might experience at first. Its an aight purge i guess. But my face feels kinda wierd. Its a little dry so i guess i'll start using some of the moisturizer...Hopefully lets see how it goes over the weekend...

Yikes! Sorry, when you asked about lotion I thought you were wanting to add a Dr Hauschka lotion/cream to the routine. My apologies if I misunderstood - you *do* need to use a moisturiser what I was trying to say was that it should be one that you have been using (not a new one) so that you know if the cleanser is working/not working.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering, how much of the DHCC or JCC do you actually use to get that suction feeling when pressing and rolling? I find that I have to use more than half an inch. I use more like a tablespoon. Shock Am I using too much or not doing it right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ Im just using the 1 inch method.. and press rolling gently.. So I'll see how that goes.. My skin is purging i tell ya... Well i hope it finish purging before i run out of the samples to see whether i would like to buy the bigger sized bottles... Cool

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
laurabeth wrote:
Just wondering, how much of the DHCC or JCC do you actually use to get that suction feeling when pressing and rolling? I find that I have to use more than half an inch. I use more like a tablespoon. Shock Am I using too much or not doing it right?

I can't say I ever noticed any significant suction feeling. I just use about an inch, and it works fine for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
well its been 6 days since i've using it and im almost finished with the toner but have a lot of cleansing cream left.. My purge pimples are somewhat subsiding but still there.. Looks like it may get better in the next 5 days i'll see what happens.. IM not sure whether to now buy the full size bottles... BUt it has improved starting Today after 6 days of use just a little bit..

what ya'll think..

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
well its been 6 days since i've using it and im almost finished with the toner but have a lot of cleansing cream left.. My purge pimples are somewhat subsiding but still there.. Looks like it may get better in the next 5 days i'll see what happens.. IM not sure whether to now buy the full size bottles... BUt it has improved starting Today after 6 days of use just a little bit..

what ya'll think..

I'd probably go with a few more days - finish off the cleansing cream and see how things are going. Btw, I'm surprised that you have much CC left after 6 days. My 40mL tube lasts me about 4-5 weeks of twice daily use so I'm using up about 8ml/week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
mixCD wrote:

what ya'll think..

I'd probably go with a few more days - finish off the cleansing cream and see how things are going. Btw, I'm surprised that you have much CC left after 6 days. My 40mL tube lasts me about 4-5 weeks of twice daily use so I'm using up about 8ml/week.

I just ran out yesterday. Yea i try using a little bit 2x a day.. It seems like its kinda starting to work but still not sure so I ended up buying the bigger bottles. I ran out and now im using another cleanser.. Im waiting for the bigger sized bottles...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
well its been 2 weeks now since i've used the bigger bottles and my skin is not purging anymore and looks better. I still though have pimples and a few blemishes around my jaw bone area.

any advice as to what i should do? Should i just continue using it and seem in time if it dissapears? Should i use a mask? Should i use a cleanser before the Cleansing Cream?

I use both the CC and the facial toner and sometimes i put on the moisturizer by DR. H. Could it be that the moisturizer not being put on everday can cause me to still have problems in those jaw bone areas?

Sorry so much questions..

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |