Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Weleda Skin Food - I *have* to rave about this!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
There is no way that I could have stayed away from raving about Skin Food from Weleda as it just saved me from peeling all over

I had family visiting from freezing Eastern Europe just recently and before they left they wanted to go to the beach. So, picture this: a lovely 30 degrees Celsius, not a cloud in sight, a gentle breeze, crystal clear blue water, gentle waves. Perfect! So perfect that my family just didn't want to leave! We only went for an hour and ended up staying about six. I kept slathering on sunblock and I was so dilligent about my shoulders etc that they are just slightly tanned. It would seem though that I didn't pay as much attention to my lower back and to my thighs. The fact that I am very pale, and usually stay out of the sun (the last time I got burnt would have been absolute years ago!) meant that my skin didn't take that experience lightly.

By the evening I had chills, felt nauseous (apparently both signs of severe sunburn) and my thighs and lower back were a hot burgundy/pink and it stung. I looked at this and knew straight away that I was going to peel like a snake, after some amount of pain too.

Luckily, I had just recently bought a 70mL tube of Weleda's Skin Food. I tried it once, decided it was too thick and put it aside. I remembered about it when I was searching for something to put on the sunburn and I started using this. I wasn't exactly stingy with it either - I used up the entire 70mL tube (lucky it's cheap here - about Au$15) in six days! I used to just pat on generous amounts and walk around the house in undies for a while until it sunk in.

Well, I have to tell you - I am not peeling! My skin is looking a dark tanned brown (very unusual for me, I always burn and then peel) - it still looks silly since I have these dark tanned thighs and then a line where ghostly pale skin continues Laughing Importantly, I also didn't go through as much discomfort as I was sure I was going to go through with sleeping at night and moving around. I applied the Skin Food every morning and then before going to bed. The ONLY place I am peeling slightly is between my shoulder blades because I obviously didn't reach there with the cream. That area wasn't even that burned - it was just tanned.

It wasn't particularly pleasant using the cream in the morning because it does last on the skin and I was walking around work feeling pretty well oiled up Laughing But it was *so* worth it that I am going to buy another tube. Not that I'm planning on getting sunburnt again but I'm going to keep this for emergencies - burns etc The other great thing about it is that it is cheap and it is natural.

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Lanolin Oil, Peanut Oil, Almond Oil, Grain Alcohol, Beeswax, Glyceryl Linoleate, Essential Oils, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Pansy Extract, Chamomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Cholesterol)

I'm *very* impressed by what it's done for my poor sunburnt skin. I never knew that it was possible to prevent peeling - I always used after sun moisturisers before and peeled anyway Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
What a great review Very Happy
I have seen Weleda Skin Food a few times in magazines, I may look at purchasing some of this myself this summer. About the thighs, last summer I managed to burn the tops of mine and I still have this silly white line right across.....kind of like I have a pair of hot pants tattoed on Laughing

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Don't scare me! That is exactly what mine look like and I bet they will stick around for a loooong time. I can't even begin to explain how silly this looks! I also have a palm-sized v.dark patch on my leg just below the knee.... Embarassed

I am going to a health food shop tomorrow and getting another tube of the Skin Food. I can't see myself using this on a regular basis but I think I'd like to use it a little bit longer right now just to make sure that I won't peel at all. Everyone that I was with at the beach that day already started peeling about four days ago Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using skin food during this winter. It's too rich to put on the face as a moisturizer, but I use it to a little flaky area, between eyes, top of my nose and around the lips at night. It's aslo great for extra dry skin area, like elbows, feet, and my back that is extremely itchy in a dry season. It's an impresiive product and works very well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Skin Food on my very dry feet, and I like it. I also tried to use it on my face, but it gave me dry patches.
Mabsy

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Weleda also have a rose cream that I think is specifically for the face, but I haven't tried it yet... Perhaps that would suit your skin better Doba? Good point about using it as a foot cream too! It might be too rich for day use but would be good at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
It is a little thick,probably due to the lanolin.Its a nice winter moisturizer.I put a dab and rub until its warm and soft in my palms then gently put on neck and face.I like the smell.But,I think I would really like the Rose.Mine is in the green tube.It lasts a long time.
Very Happy skin care addict
Mabsy

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I caved and bought little mini sizes of I think the foot cream and the rose cream. I'll report back once I get a chance to use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I can recomend the Weleda Iris cleanser for anyone who suffers dry skin, I bought some of this a while ago but have oily skin.
I passed it on to my MIL and she loves it, she suffers from dry, sensitive skin in the winter months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Now I really want to try this, but have no idea where to get Weleda products here! Can someone tell me where the line is based (i.e.: Decleor = France, Dr. H = Germany, Jurlique = Oz)?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I´ll be happy to find some Weleda products for you here, Carrie. I think it´s a german brand.
Mabsy

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
It's German - but it's available in Aus and NZ healthfood shops quite easily. Would be happy to send you some Carrie if you let me know what you want to try.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I purchased my Weleda products at my local organic health food store- much like a Whole Foods.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Whole foods use to carry weleda, I've used different products from them for last 15 years. There iris cleansing is great, as well as their baby calendula. They are alot like Dr.H in that there a natural approach to skin care. If you can't find it there try Mertz apothocary in chicago, you can order a ton of stuff from them, they carry alot of very hard to find items. There web site iswww.smallflower.com, I've ordered from them for over ten years, great service.

Melissa
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
After being overjoyed at finding Weleda products in Japan, I was Crying or Very sad to find they dont sell Skin Food here ?!? (I still walked out with a sampler set of bath milk and am visiting for a Weleda facial for my birthday later this month though Razz )

BUT.. when I ordered some vitamins from vitacost.com recently I saw they sold Weleda products and was able to get some of this (discounted too!). It arrived yesterday and I have to say it feels AWESOME on th skin.

I put some on my hands and arms and also a little on my cheeks. I think this would be perfect for anyone living in very very dry/cold conditions. My husband loved it as well (it has an odd, but lovely citrus fragrance).

This is going to become a staple in our cabinet I can tell! Why? well, it covers all our requirements - natural, free of yukkies, feels good, smells good.. and (if one application and Mabsy's review is any indication) does a good job. Oh and a bonus - it is Swiss (I am a HUGE fan of Swiss skin care and products in general)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
BUT.. when I ordered some vitamins from vitacost.com recently I saw they sold Weleda products and was able to get some of this (discounted too!).
Hot damn!! Very Happy And I've got to place an order with them today for some more HA/collagen pills. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim - glad you like Smile

Weleda makes a bath milk?? *goes off to search online....*

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
i should've had this when i was skiing in whister 2 weeks ago! it was particularly cold & windy...got home with huge flakey areas on my cheeks & under my chin (damn that helmet strap!)...i've only just gotten the flaking & hydration levels under control.

i can't imagine how avid/professional skiiers & snowboarders deal with it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |