Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Clearing Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Not impressed.
When I have a foundation that is in a bottle as opposed to a tube, my first instinct is to shake it. Yeah, well after doing so I opened it and it was all inside the cap and running down the jar. The foundation itself is watery and I'm not impressed with the coverage. And upon reading the label it says to apply 1-3 times daily. I thought with having sensitive, oily and acne prone skin this would be a good choice since it has salacylic acid in it but I wouldn't buy it again.
It promises to heal and conceal without drying your skin; helps clear blemishes with salicylic acid; helps prevent new breakouts; protects against dryness with a botanical complex; covers flawlessly for a smooth, shine free complexion. Very disappointing. Sad
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got the same experience when I opened the cap & I guess probably not that many people use this brand or it has been in the store for quite a long time.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree.I didn't like the texsture and the smell of it. The coverage is also bad, didn't last for even 2 hours Sad
Lara

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I too wasnt impressed with the coverage but was lucky that my bottle behaved, that would not have impressed me either! You figure a foundation especially for blemished skin would provide coverage for those blemishes as a priority! Rolling Eyes
Revlon have discontinued their Skin Perfecting makeup which was the same formula as the Almay one ... me thinks that didn't impress the girls with it only being around approx a year too! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this product a long time ago, and I have to say..I was never a fan. I will tell you though, I do love the Almay Blemish Cover Conceler stick. They make it in light, med and dark. I have the light and medium, that way when I need to do the "bodywork" on a blemish, I can choose the color that best suits the stage of the pimple at the time. The other thing I like about this stick that does contain salicylic acid and (I think Sulfur),It does help dry the blemishes, so I use a small touch of it at night when I get out of the shower and get in bed with my SO. It helps tone down the really red spots and at least it is a treatment as well. Give the stick a try
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mind the coverage, very natural, didn't smell bad, the shade was fabulous, I love Almay/Revlon foundation shades. But this foundation burnt my face, must be the BHA. Obviously it's not well formulated because I can use BHA in small amounts without major redness, burning and dermatitis, usually. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am almost positive that this was the first makeup I ever bought, back in the seventh grade. I'm 22 now. That stuff was crap. And that was back when I needed makeup, I mean NEEDED it. What a crappy product. I don't know if they've improved upon it, but it really sucked. As far as makeup goes, it was one of the suckiest suckers that ever sucked. I'm surprised I didn't get turned off from makeup because of it!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this stuff yesterday, and i actually like it. The shade is perfect for my skin- I am using "tan". I don't think the coverage is bad, it evens out my skin tone and doesn't feel or look like i am wearing makeup.

It does not conceal pimples that great- I think thats why they have the concealer stick- I'm going to buy that as well.

I broke out from using MAC studio fix fluid foundation- which has amazing coverage- but really broke me out. I can't handle the process of using mineral powder makeup, so the almay clear complexion foundation is a product that works really well for me.
I'm sorry that it didn't work for many of you.

I have a feeling this stuff might get discontinued since I am in the minority of actually liking the stuff!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I used the Almay blemish clearing foundation for a week- i really liked it at first, but then it became too drying. And then it sort of started to peel off in little a balls off of my skin. It also started feeling really thick too, not sure if after it has been exposed to air this happens.

Anyways I got off of it and went back to MAC, but back to the original select spf foundation-my skin is way better now!
JTLee
5% products discount

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had the Almay blemish clearing concealer...it also didn't cover up blemishes too well but it certainly dried out all the skin around the blemish which did not look so great.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |