Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Cellex-C or Skinceuticals Serum - which is better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KM

Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've only just started using the Skinceuticals Serum 15 + Hydrating B5 Formula - finding it good. But is the Cellex C equivalent product better? Apart from the price, they look like the do the same thing. I have normal-dry skin, am 28 and have lines around the eyes, and have had quite a bit of sun exposure over the years (hence the freckles!) Would like to hear what people think about the 2 products. Thank you in advance
Caspers Mum

Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Both of these skincare lines are excellent, but there is a slight difference between Cellex-C and Skinceuticals.

Skinceuticals vit. C serums have a lower pH than those of Cellex-C. This allows the skin to absorb the product better, and there is less likelihood of irritation or "tingling". Skinceuticals also has up to 20% ascobic/l-ascorbic acid - this is the highest amount that the skin can absorb. Cellex-C's Advanced C Serum contains 17.5% of these ingredients. Skinceuticals Primacy line also synthesizes other skin-repair agents with a their C+E Serum and C+AHA Serum; both these contain 15% ascorbic/l-ascorbic acid.

You may also want to consider the Canadian pharmaceutical brand Vivier, which also makes C-serums, and of excellent quality!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Caspers Mum! I was actually looking into the Skinceuticals vit C products as I'm thinking of making a switch from my Phytomer creams as I thought vit C would be great for me in the winter months when my skin needs just a little bit more help. This info is great.

Can you recommend a moisturiser you would use in conjunction with the vit C serum? I have normal/ combination skin that tends to dehydrate.

Thanks!
Summertimegirl Wink
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Caspers Mum
You may also want to consider the Canadian pharmaceutical brand Vivier, which also makes C-serums, and of excellent quality!

I second this! I just recently bought a bottle of the 20% serum and it's great! I haven't used Cellex-C before but I have used the Skinceuticals Serum 10 and I prefer the Vivier. I get no tingling with Vivier.

Incidentally, what is the pH level of the Vivier serum and how would that compare to Cellex-C? Is Cellex-C still ultimately the best choice when it comes to vit C serums?

Summertimegirl - I think when you use vit C serums it's very important to make sure your skin is moisturised. This usually involves two steps I think, a booster (like the B5 gel) and then a moisturiser over it. I really liked the combo of Sothys Hydrogel and Hydroptimale over it. Currently I'm using the MDF Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel with an SPF moisturiser over it (I'm trying to finish off my Ultraceuticals SPF30+). I think ideally you're supposed to use the B5 gel but I find that the MDF gel does a good job also.

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
I was also under the impression that Cellex-C was the 'Premier' choice in the Vitamin C skincare range, in Sydney it is only sold in duty-free stores next to the La Prairies and other high quality brands...although this is doesn't mean it's the best! I hope Caspers Mum, Magda or other vit C experts at EDS can give us their oppinions on this.Smile

I'm glad that the MDF Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel works well with the Vivier vit C for you as an alternative to the B-5 gel from Skinceuticals. I read in another post the importance of keeping up with the moisturising and protecting when using vit C as it tends to be drying when over using it.

Summertimegirl
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just to get back re the Skinceuticals vs. Cellex-C discussion, I went through a few older posts on the same topic, and from Skinsplurge's feedback early in Dec, for her Skinceuticals came out on top in terms of skin clarity and smoothness, and noticed freckles fading so she got a better/ happier result (using Skinceuticals Serum 15%, Primacy Phyto+ and Primacy eye balm)..... this was after a 6-week period with the Cellex-C.

I had a lot of questions re vitamin C skin care and rather than be repetitive and ask questions someone has already asked I thought I would just go and dig through the older posts. Very HappyWink It's great to read everyone's feedback as it's helping me decide.

KM, how is the Skinceuticals Serum 15 and Hydrating B-5 Formula working for you? Hope you can let us know if you see it fade your freckles any lesser, and please don't forget to top your routine with an SPF! **Very important**Very Happy I have the normal/ combo verging on dry skin and vit C looks like it's going to be my *thing* to go with this winter (we're still in summer here in Australia).

Summertimegirl Wink
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |