Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Handbag: What do you all carry?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I love my Perlina. My husband bought it for me for Mothers Day 2 years ago and I still use it. It is my favorite, but I'd love a Prada. I have been out bid twice on great bags on Ebay. Mad

Someday....I'll get a Prada or maybe Coach, but until then...I love my little Perlina. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Kiwigirl wrote:
oooh, i forgot to say about my nicola cerini bags. great colours and each one different!

http://www.nicolacerini.com/bags.htm

Kiwigirl.

I really want this! http://www.nicolacerini.com/current_season/24_Leather_Tie_Bag.php

Could you post (or PM me) the price range this brand is usually in? I don't want to track down one of these stockists and find out it's way out of my budget and then and up thinking about the bag for weeks on end Laughing
TIA Smile

mabsy, i've PMed you about this (hopefully).

Kiwigirl.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, Carekate - that is a fabulous link to the lookalike handbags! I can't bring myself to spend much $ for a purse, so this is perfect. I don't want them to be an "investment" - I get tired of them too quickly. I get a spring/summer one and a fall/winter one each year, and when the season's over, I'm done with them and usually don't ever want to see them again.

And I know exactly what you mean about changing purses to match outfits. I have a friend that wouldn't dream of carrying the "wrong" color bag with an outfit, so she's always dumping out her purse and switching bags at the last minute. Way too much hassle for me!

And yes, it has to be big. I've returned quite a few over the years because I get them home and find out that my stuff won't all fit in there. My big space hog is coupons - a big wallet of grocery store coupons as well as all the other things like Foley's and Kohl's %off coupons, free sample/gift with purchase coupons, etc. I have to lug them around all the time - otherwise I'll never remember to take them with me.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Louis Vuitton girl myself but am starting to really like Gucci. Since my sisters and I are all LV addicts, I can actually tell if someone is carrying a fake 95% of the time. Today though I'm carrying my Isabella Fiore bag since it's raining and I don't want to get the vachetta leather on my LV spotty. Very Happy
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I know what you mean, Christine... I would not touch Louis Vuitton with a 50 foot pole because every chick and her dog has one in Japan.. from 13 year olds up. It becomes SO blaze to see that design day in and day out... not to mention those who buy the thing and then wear it with every single outfit they own - with no thought for whether it matches at all or not.

It's nothing against LV, they do have some very nice designs, but it is just offputting when you know you will see 50 people in a day with the same leather and/or design

I understand what you mean, I always buy Japanese magazines and notice that brands are everywhere! It seems to me that you got to have at least one Rolling Eyes but at least I think Japan only sells the real one so when you see ppl carrying it around it's ok.
However, even in Canada, I see ppl carry fake ones and that is just !@#$%^& Mad . One time i saw the exact same Gucci bag like the one I was carrying and it's only $49.99 !! and my bf went like Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link carekate, that is excellent! I also have one Juicy Couture purse, but I alternate between that and some cheaper "no name" ones.

Truth be told, I once bought a purse from Target and got so many compliments on it so go figure? Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
Thanks for the link carekate, that is excellent!
FYI to those who checked out the ShopSuey link to the designer-replica bags that I previously posted:

Heather updates the site every Wednesday with new merchandise so check back frequently for the lastest in-demand designs! Once you become a customer, she’ll periodically email you online discount/s good toward your next purchase. If you’re interested in placing an order now, send me a PM and I’ll give you the latest discount “code” to plug in when you’re making your purchase on her site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought myself a Ferragamo bag for my bday. : ) I never buy "big ticket" items for myself but I've been wanting a big hobo bag for forever so thought I deserved a treat. It's a pewter/silver color with a few tassles so it looks trendy, but not overly trendy so I'll be able to use it for a long time. I love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
natsumi wrote:
I just bought myself a Ferragamo bag for my bday. : ) I never buy "big ticket" items for myself but I've been wanting a big hobo bag for forever so thought I deserved a treat. It's a pewter/silver color with a few tassles so it looks trendy, but not overly trendy so I'll be able to use it for a long time. I love it!
Good for you! If you're like me w/ my Juicy Couture, you'll become completely obsessive about it, worrying about every little smudge of dirt and wiping the bag down frequently so it'll stay looking fab for ages!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
carekate: I like you JC bag. I have been wanting to buy a JC bag, but it seems like everything that I see (online) has this big "juicy couture" written on it.
anyways... as for me, I have coach, kate spade and fendi.
My next purchase will be maybe paul smith bag. Their bags look fun.... Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Right now I am carrying a Dooney&Bourke Denim signature sac bag with a dark brown strap. I never cared for their signature bags before, but I really like this denim one. I get alot of comments on it. Normally though, I don't like "signature" anything because I feel like I'm paying for their advertising.

I have an assortment of various brand "wristlets" which I use when I'm shopping at the mall. I usually carry so much in my big bags and they are too heavy to lug around when shopping.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I carry a simple black leather backpack that holds my huge daytimer wallet, my new Nikon D50 digital SLR and my glock 9mm with a 32 round clip. And lip gloss of course!

The only problem I have with this bag is that sometimes it leaves black marks on white shirts, I guess it is because it's so humid down here.
Image Image

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
sheesh, that puts all the pathetic things i carry in my bag to shame Embarassed ... liz, at least your handgun is black so that it goes with everything Laughing

Kiwigirl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl, my camera and wallet are mostly black too. What I need are some more colorful accessories. To bad the Hogue rubber grip for the Glock doesn't come in fashion colors!

I just got a terrific new yoga bag. It's bigger than it looks and holds my super thick Harmony Mat and still has room for a strap, water bottle, towel, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Somehow I managed to cave in and found myself clicking the “Buy” button on the following inspired-by Fendi “Spy” bag from ShopSuey: http://www.shopsueyboutique.com/productdetail.asp?ProductID=2148# Normally I don’t go for anything other than solid-colored bags but I thought this one was really gorgeous and unusual...the fact that I used the discount code for free shipping worth $12.50 helped relieve any guilty pangs that I might have suffered!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great bag! You should not feel any guilty pangs when you pay less than $100 for a bag you love.

A girlfriend of mine returned from a trip to the states a while ago with a really nice designer bag. When I complemented her on it she told me it was a fake. Her husband was shocked and wondered why bother getting a bag with a designers' name on it if you are going to admit it's a fake. Her answer was that she bought it because she liked the bag, not the designer, and she certainly didn't want anybody to think she was crazy enough to spend that kind of money on a bag! I'm the same way when people compliment me on my VKO's - Valentino Knock-Off sunglasses. I always proudly tell them they cost $6.00

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
So, believe it or not, I’d never actually seen or heard about the real Fendi Velvet Squirrel Spy Bag from which my impulse purchase yesterday was “inspired by” so I was curious to see the real thing. I actually thing my fake version is more beautiful – I like the colors better. Here’s the link to the real bag so you can decide for yourselves: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446126669&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492703114&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1123059164442&DCLKSLOT=1

Liz - are you originally from the U.S.? The fact that you carry a Glock in your handbag simply screams "I am an American patriot who supports my 5th Ammendment rights" -- I mean, I can't imagine
LoopyLori or GuapaGirl posting a pic of the .38 Special that they carry in their Louis Vuitton bag! Wink Very Happy

Seriously though, is it legal to carry a concealed weapon down there? You know that here in TX, we'll shoot anything that moves, even if we happen to mistake an elderly man for a dove....*CareKate inserts tongue firmly in cheek*

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Zowie - It's a cool bag and I guess there must be people out there who pay $3,318.00 for a handbag but I don't know who they are. If you believe what you read in the magazines most of the celebrities get their stuff for free so it must be wealthy socialites forking out the big $$.

CareKate, I'm Canadian! We do have concealed weapon permits for Honduras, and for Florida. It's mostly because we live on a boat and we have to be very security conscious. The violence has escalated in the 2 years we've lived down here. Not toward tourists but toward the expat community. The marina we're in is inside a gated community but we are still vulnerable from the water. When we leave the Plantation to go eat I always carry because there have been a lot of car-jacking roadblock robberies. We got the 32 round clip because a few months ago a guy was killed in a home invasion because he ran out of ammo in the shootout that ensued. This guy was an American ex-cop and Vietnam vet! The cops down here are almost useless, if you have a problem you have to go pick them up because they don't have any money to put gas in their cars. We went to a security meeting and the chief of police suggested we all arm ourselves and told us that it would be best if we killed intruders, disposed of the bodies and didn't notify the cops at all! We're probably going to move the boat up to Vancouver Island this winter where all I'll carry is an asp, a knife, or maybe a taser if they are legal up there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Good God, I don't blame you for carrying. Iffen I were in your (deck-) shoes, I might be tempted to carry an Uzi or something -- provided it would fit in my new fake squirrel bag, of course! Wink So I guess you've had some training on how to handle your weapon -- do you have much opportunity to do any target practice down there? You know, Americans always complain about the excessive violence in our country, and I know that the rest of the world holds this perception that we're all gun-toting, shoot first and think later lunatics who are able to purchase a gun cheaper and more easily than most people are able to obtain their prescription drugs, and -- while I know that we have car jackings and random violence here -- the scenario you described sounds like something out a Russell Crowe/ Meg Ryan film or an episode of CSI - Guatemala or something! Confused Shock I don't think that it occurs to most Americans that the likelihood of being a victim of sudden, indiscriminate violence (or knowing someone who has been a victim) in our own backyard is almost a certainty rather than the random fluke occurance that most of us would blissfully like to believe....

Out of curiosity, what are the gun laws like up in Canada? Are you guys as mad about weapons as we are? Does everyone and his dog have a Glock or a Sig Sauer ducked up under your pillow at night?!

And on a completely different note: how is your adorable, B&W, sea-sick "puddy tat?" You haven't posted any new pix of her recently!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate, I just happen to have a couple of recent shots of the photogenic Kitty!

Image Image

We have a great spot for target practice right here in Parrot Tree Plantation where the marina is. We just have to let the guards know so they don't come running with their shotguns. I've only had to pull it on one guy and I didn't actually aim it at him because he was unarmed. He was really aggressive and seemed high because he was being very unreasonable and wouldn't get off the boat even faced with a gun. Tim eventually knocked him onto the dock with a baseball bat. It was after midnight and at that point the crazoid decided it was a good time for a swim, so he dove in and swam across to another dock.

I wasn't sure about the gun laws in Canada so I googled up some info. It looks like we can get permits to bring the guns in. I don't know anybody who carries a handgun up there. When I lived there it seemed like only the cops and criminals had them. In rural areas it is normal to have rifles and shotguns. When we rode our motorcycle from Florida to Alaska in '97 the Canadians at the border nearly tore the motorcycle apart because it had a Florida tag on it and they just couldn't believe that we would travel without a gun. They didn't find one but did take my pepper spray key chain away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
While we’re on the subject of the American obsession with handguns (at least, while *I* was on the subject!) – have you ever seen the film “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil,” when the John Cusack character is at the Kevin Spacey guy’s Xmas party and that faded, former Southern Belle is waving her little (loaded) derringer around at all the guests and nobody bats an eye but the Yankee from New York? That just cracks me up because I swear we had neighbors like that when I was growing up in Atlanta. In fact, I love that entire film because it’s totally deja vu to me because it seemed like all of those film characters lived next door to us or on our cul-de-sac at one time or another....

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cheap & Nice Bag - Nine West "Get organized" with 7 pockets & 3 comparments!

It is great! about $50-$60
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |