Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Alphaderma Got my attention!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I am fairly new to the forum and still searching for a wonder product for my close to 40 face. I must say that I am fairly new to everything - just 2 months ago I started using Vitamin C and Retinol A and loving it. Wanted to include copper, BUT felt it was "too much waiting around - because of the C". Now Alphaderma has my attention (really beleive this is it) - CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHETHER I COULD USE THE PREP AND ADCE - "WAIT FOR AWHILE" AND APPLY MY RETINOL. The reviews are so good that I am willing to 'wait" - or maybe I wouldn't need the retinol - after using Alphaderma products - Any feed back on this will be greatly appreciated. Rose Smile

5% products discount

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Well, that's interesting because I have a question about their Skin Prep, so I was wondering if the experts could maybe answer both of our queries? Mine is that the Skin Prep contains copper, so how come you can use Vit C after it? Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this here, but your feedback would be most welcome.

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't use retinol at the same time as Alphaderma because Alphaderma is for reducing wrinkles and increasing firmness (albeit in a different way from retinol), which is what your retinol would be doing for you. Plus, it's a lot of actives to put together, I would think. You could maybe use retinol without the Alphaderma at night, but there are loads more qualified people to help you than me!

HTH.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
HELLO Didi, I am glad you brought this up........I was going through the list of ingrediants and saw copper Idea and was thinking of the samething. I also have another question - do you need a moisturizer after ADCE?

Thanks for your input about the Retinol..........Your right, but wonder whether I could give up my Retinol! My main concern is sagging, got no wrinkles yet Embarassed So may be the Alphaderma should work better for me. ANY EXERTS FEED BACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. ROSE

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I can't answer the retinol question as I don't know much about it. In terms of copper - I am not sure on this but one would think that the amount of copper peptide (?) in the skin prep would not be anywhere near the amount in normal CP products. I'm not sure if there is the same interaction effect. Hopefully someone will be able to answer this.

Now the question I *can* actually answer (phew!) is the one about moisturiser. My mum has dry skin and she uses the skin prep and then the ADCE. She has found that she doesn't need to put moisturiser over it. However, depending on how dry your skin is and/or if you're not using the skin prep then you might need something else over the top. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I would think it would be better to use them either am or pm and not together - adce & retinol that is. I tend to think of retinol as 'stripping' the skin while adce plumps and firms it.

I remember when copper peptides launched I emailed - think it may have been that dermadoctor place about using cp's and vitc. There advice was to split the dose am vit c pm copper. However as mabsy as said I don't think there would be enough copper in the prep to be a neutralising agent plus it is mixed with other elements which in turn may inhibit the neutralising effect of copper & vit c. But I ain't a chemist so what the hell do I know? Laughing but to me it makes sense.

if you can wait that long try giving each a month to see their effects or split the dose would be my advice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone......for your time in posting a reply - Hopefully there is a chemist out there in the forum who would reply the copper and vit C question. I haven't still bought the adce or the prep ..........but I think I am going to - end of the month when I have some money. It does look like a very good skin line - I AM VERY EXCITED Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi rashirosey - IMO, retinol is a nighttime product ONLY. I've used it off and on for years in various products but only apply it before I go to bed. For me, retinol is the most essential treatment I use, after sunscreen (which you should use faithfully -- retinol exposes the skin to even more sun damage). Years ago, I used a ROC product during the day that contained retinol and sunscreen -- but not for long -- more freckles popped out and old ones darkened!

I also use Mineral Skin Prep and ADCE, but not on a daily basis. It gives my skin a subtle boost -- the prep tightens and the ADCE creates a glow. ADCE is very moisturizing so I doubt you'd need anything else for moisture. The only reason I don't use it every day is that my preferred sunscreen (Avene) is quite oily and by the time I apply Vit.C serum (SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic), sunscreen and makeup, I have enough layers! My face would be an oil slick if I added anything else.

DermaExcel7 is another good JB product, BTW. It's also very moisturizing.

It's so hard to figure out how to incorporate various products into my regimen, especially daytime ones. For instance, SC suggests that for optimal benefit, nothing be applied over their retinol. Since I can't tolerate nightly use, that gives me the chance to use other things on alternating nights.
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Any trace metals can destablize vit c even in small amounts. Even if it does not turn color right away it is destabilizing. I originally emailed JB on the amount of Copper in their Skin Prep and that was almost a year ago. I never heard from them. I did not want to take the chance and use the Skin Prep in the a.m. I did use it in the p.m. I quit buying their products because any company that cannot answer a simple question or even make an attempt at getting back with me is not worthy of getting my money no matter how much I like the product. To me customer service is everything.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again for your replies.........I am quite interested in the Skinmedica products too. It too does the skin tightening thing which I am looking for......Any thoughts on this Very Happy

SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO CONFUSED - DONT KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi April - I am with you on this one - its so hard to figure what products to incorporate into ones' regimen. Do you use any of Skinmedica's products??? They say its very good too. Here I go again....'WANT IT" - I REALY, REALLY WANT THE TNS - and I really, really want my retinol to. Embarassed What do I do!!!!! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
As a big skin care junkie I don't know if it's appropriate for me to say this. I have ADCE, I have TNS, I have retinol, I have....... I used each line for about a month and move on to another. After 6 months' purchasing, switching, and frustration..... I live chatted with few of EDS's online help. I told them my skin condition and what's my most concern. They suggested me which products to use. I asked about the products they did not suggest and ask them how to put it into my routine or if there's any conflict between the products I am using...... It's very educational and helped me a lot. I learned to be patient and simpler is better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MaCrisis: I may sound a bit dumb - But where is the online help chat.......Sorry - I am new Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:
Hi MaCrisis: I may sound a bit dumb - But where is the online help chat.......Sorry - I am new Crying or Very sad

It's on the EDS home page-click on live help Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
rashirosey - SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex has interested me (it's on my list), but my latest thing is to try more PSF products (just got some samples yesterday). I really like the PSF Enzyme Pumpkin Peel/Mask, but their O2 Serum has gotten such raves on this forum, I wanted to try it.

Still, I have to agree with MACrisis, simpler is probably better. I know I'll always use some kind of retinoid, and of course sunscreen, and a Vit.C serum, but beyond that, anything else is extra. Like I said, it's difficult to incorporate certain products, especially during the daytime with makeup. Quite a challenge, actually. One recent purchase is Decleor Hydrotenseur (for eyes). The jury's still out on this product (I keep forgetting to use it -- I'm always in a hurry when doing my makeup). At night, I've alternated retinol with IS Clinical Firming Complex (love it), SC Intense Line Defense (15% AHA), emu oil, and then some nights I go bare, to give my skin a rest. Of course, things like cleansers and masks are easy to use because they don't generally stay on the skin, and other products can be used afterwards without worrying about any contraindications.

Considering the cost of many treatments, it's certainly worthwhile to find out if any ingredients cancel each other out when used in tandem. That's one reason I use Avene sunscreen -- LRP Fluide Extreme offers superior UVA protection, but it can't be used with most makeup because so many products contain some sort of metallic substance which degrades it and/or creates free radicals, so I only use it when I'm going bare.

But getting back to your original questions about JB Mineral Skin Prep and ADCE, I should've mentioned that I mainly use these when I go out in the evening and don't have to wear sunscreen. Besides what I already mentioned, I have to add that the ADCE and DermaExcel7 have very nice textures and moisturize just enough (for me) without being to oily-looking. But I've heard other complaints about JB's CS, and I'd be upset too if I didn't get a response to an inquiry.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello m.april - thanks for writing.......the information you provided me was most helpful. I had heard using Argireline for long peroids of time can cos sag - so just using ADCE and DrmaExcel 7 for "evening out" makes sence, it probably gives that relaxed look. I will probably go with TNS....and have some ADCE and DrmaExcel 7 on the side...............

EDS does not carry IS Clinical - do thay??? Where can I find PSF products!!! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
www.psfskincare.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Eds does carry IS Clinical Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Having tried , TNS,O2 serum, Alphaderma and Derma Xl I have to tell you the one that made the MOST difference in tightening up my skin was IS Clinical Active. Now I still use proheal (great for the glow and rosacea, acne,etc.) and I had used TNS in the past (no great results) and am using it still. The jury is still out on that one but I will finish up my pump. But the active, WOW! That really helped my pores and firmed up my skin. The alphaderma, pumpkin mask and Derma XL I passed on to my mother-in-law to use up. She liked it okay but not great results for her either.The mask burned my skin and made it break out in a rash. The O2 serum was such a small sample I really could not give it a fair shake. But I have very sensitive skin, so even decleor breaks me out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for helping me ON........AnnieR, I do understand that I must receive a phone or email consultation with IS Clinical before buying their product.....How do I go about doing this? Confused Do you use their creams too. I am looking for a good eye cream - My skin around the eye area has become bumpy, crappy - Any help on this will be greatly appreciated - Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Well you can do an online with skinterra or phone or email with theskincareinstitute or email with IS Clinical. I did not have to do anything with EDS but I had already been using the products, just doing a reorder. I use the IS Clinical eye complex sample I recd. in July and has lasted all this time. It seems to be working just fine, no miracles but it is not heavy or greasy so I like it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR - I still dont know what I will end up buying - probably get some of this and get some of that - Use some in the morning and use some at night, and rotate - R

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, for information on Copper and Skin, there is a lot of information at: http://www.purestcolloids.com

Testimonials from people at
http://www.purestcolloids.com/mesocopper-testimonials.htm

Jean
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello AnnieR - I have been looking at the IC products and they look great - but how does one use them and in which order/morning and night - meaning the Super syrum, the Active Syrum and the Hydra-cool syrum. Also Can one still use the vitamin C vivier (morning), and a retinol tazorac (night) under these syrums. Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not AnnieR but this is my 2 cents:

Super Serum: Morning
Active Serum: Night
Hydro-Cool Serum: If Super / Active is not hydrate enough then put this one on top.

Super Serum already has Vit-C in it, And I was told that Active Serum and Retinol are not recommanded to be used together. But they can be alternated daily.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I do exactly what MACrisis suggested to you:

morning:
Super Serum
Hydra Cool
ISC Moisturiser

night:
Active Serum
Hydra Cool
ISC Moisturiser

I don't think there is much point in using Vivier since you already have vit C in the Super Serum.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |