Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin care for a 6year old
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Martigirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping someone could help me with this.

My little boy is only 6 but he has quite a lot of open pores as well as a few black and white heads. He also has a few chicken pox scars.

I am terrified that as he grows the pores will too.

Can anyone recommend something gentle that I could try to help alleviate this problem.

Many thanks in advance.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that the Eve Lom cleanser can be used even on young skin (being in UK it would be pretty easy for you to confrim that with her salon).

It would be good as it is just one step that leaves the skin deeply cleaned and you dont have to put anything on top (the cleanser itself leaves the skin moisturized enough).

Massaging that well on the difficult spots and using the accompanying cloth to take it off would help a lot. I find it is the only cleanser in my cupboard that will leave my nose without a blackhead on it.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think at 6, most of his problems probably come from not cleaning off the "dirt" when he is in the shower. I know my son, who is 11 years old, is still the same way. He has great skin (other than a few scars from falling down on BMX bike or skateboard) has a few black heads and pimples. I notice when I instruct him to use the face cleansing products (scrubs) in the shower, he has great looking skin. I think your six year old, probably just needs to use a wash cloth in the shower. For his scars, try merderma. It has worked wonders for my son.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking that if you can't get your hands on tiger_tim's recommendation right away, Cetaphil wiped off thoroughly with a warm, damp washcloth might suffice. It's also gentle enough not to require moisturizer afterwards. I get blackheads in the T-zone and Cetaphil has been helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Whatever you do don't get your 6 year old hooked on expensive skincare!!! Laughing

A multi-vitamin would help with any skin problems and should speed up the skins healing process, any illness at a young age robs the body of Vital nuitriants and they are always trying to play catch up.

Try him with some fun natural products such as Burt's Bees, the Tomato complexion soap sould be enough.

My younger brother was always caked in mud, he would go off building dens and tree houses, my mother was lucky if she could drag him kicking and screaming into the shower once/twice a week!!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all very much.
Martigirl
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Whatever you do don't get your 6 year old hooked on expensive skincare!!! Laughing

A multi-vitamin would help with any skin problems and should speed up the skins healing process, any illness at a young age robs the body of Vital nuitriants and they are always trying to play catch up.

Try him with some fun natural products such as Burt's Bees, the Tomato complexion soap sould be enough.

My younger brother was always caked in mud, he would go off building dens and tree houses, my mother was lucky if she could drag him kicking and screaming into the shower once/twice a week!!

I know one of us in the family is more than enough.

Luckily he still does what he is told so daily showers aren't yet a problem I will just make sure he pays more attention to ensuring his face is clean.

Many thanks
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
PLEASE USE SPF! if you use a sunblock now everyday, when he's 40 he'll look 25, most sun damage happens before the age of 18, I wish my mom used spf on me when I was little!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
My 8yo dd sometimes gets a single pimple. I use my Tazorac just on that spot. I am also starting to use my C serum very diluted (5%) because
in the summer we are on the beach most days. I of course use a sunscreen but I think this is good for her skin. I don't want to get her hooked on expensive skin care but by instilling good habits I can hopefully keep her skin from too much acne and sun damage. I am thinking of making her a toner from green tea, ylang ylang and maybe adding 1% salicylic when she get a bit older to fight acne.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |