Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
IS clinical question for new user
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have not posted in months but have been following the forums. I just turned 49, have been mainly using various Vit C serums and MD formulations glycolic cream. Thinking about IS clinical. My concerns are uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, management of lines and of course sagging skin. Did I leave anything out? Bad Grin
Anyway considering active serum and the firming complex but I didn't know if those 2 could be used together. Plus I thought maybe I could use a different brand vit c serum. Any advice or different suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
A definite yes on the active serum and firming cream if you don't have sensitive skin. If you do, try alternating them until your skin becomes accustomed.

As for the vit c, you could use another brand -it all depends on the texture you're looking for. I like superserum because it is readily absorbed (watery) and I have oily skin. Others like the cellularskin & PSF are great serums but felt too oily for me. Many here love them as well as the skinceuticals w/ferulic. I also do some layering so I can't use heavy products.
Again, it depends on your skin type.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina. I just can't decide whether to spend the money and try this line or not!!!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby - I'm using ISC Firming Complex and love it. I may try the Active Serum when the weather gets warm and humid, but for now, I think it would be too drying for me. As it is, the FC is a bit drying. I also use SkinCeuticals Retinol .5%, which is a good product for mature skin (I'm 53).

I think one of the reasons why these products reduce pore size and tighten the skin a bit is BECAUSE they're drying. But SkinCeuticals CE +Ferulic comes to the rescue to then normalize my skin, and I also use an oily sunscreen. Before I started using the Ferulic, I tried a bottle of ISC Super Serum and these are the only two l-ascorbic acid products I've ever tried, so I can't offer much of a comparison. I'm only using the Ferulic because it claims to offer superior sun protection. The Super Serum was a little less oily and I liked it. I also tried Janson Beckett's Vit.C&C Facial Serum and it has a very nice texture, but uses a different form of Vit.C that's considered by some to take longer for the skin to absorb.

I started using these products last summer. My skin is in very good condition, but my freckles haven't really faded much yet, if at all. But it's my understanding that it can take a year for pigmentation lightening. I should also try to be a little more fastidious about sun exposure and re-application of sunscreen, especially since I'm using retinol at night about 2 or 3 times a week. I alternate it with the Firming Complex. About 3 times a month, I use PSF Enzyme Pumpkin Peel to slough off dry skin buildup.

I think using Vit. C serum helps me get rid of redness and dryness from retinoid and AHA use, plus aids in sun protection, and it's become a basic item in my arsenal. So, maybe for starters, you could try 2-4 ISC products -- Super Serum and either Active Serum (you may need to buy Hydra Cool if you use this) or Firming Complex. Katee (the one who started us all on ISC) alternates Active Serum with Firming Complex.
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby,

Be careful - if you start with one IS Clinical product, you can get addicted like I have! I started with the Firming Cream, liked the improvement in my skin's texture, then added the Active Serum. I rotated Firming Cream, Active Serum, and retinol nightly. Then I found out through this forum that you could layer the Firming over the Active, which I do now. I'm 52, and I can honestly say that my skin has never looked better. When I started using it about 5 months ago, I had some hyperpigmented areas that were the aftermath of skin abrasion from an accident. The IS Clinical regimen has totally eliminated them. Also, it has greatly improved my skin tone, which used to be mostly "red-ish" and now is skin-colored (if that makes sense). And I just started using the IS Clinical Eye Complex about 6 weeks ago, and it has made a remarkable difference in the crepiness and sagging under my eyes. Really smoothed and lifted that area significantly. The Super Serum is a great product with Vit. C and other good stuff. When I started using it along with the Active and Firming, it seemed to really accelerate the beneficial effects.

M.April - I had the same concerns as you about the drying effects. I was especially wary of the Active Serum because it seemed to be targeted more toward people with oiler skin and acne. I was surprised when Skinterra recommended it for me since I told them I had dry skin. It did really dry me out for a couple of weeks, but since then I think it has really helped normalize my skin. I'm not nearly as dry now (even in the dead of winter) as I used to be. In fact, I'm really close to classifying myself as having "normal" skin.

Regarding C serums - I was very fond of the PSF C serum before switching to the Super Serum. It has a very moisturizing texture for drier skin and is an excellent value for the money. Skinceuticals was nice, but too watery and hard to spread for me. I'd still use the PSF if I hadn't seen the boost in results that the Super Serum gave me.

And I agree with m.april about the retinol - it's fantastic for people our age. I used the Skinceuticals before, but am now using the PSF .5%, which I find to be much more moisturizing and less irritating.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search for the right products.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |