Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
applying a cream around eye area...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, when i apply a moisturizer on my skin...I tend to apply it around my eye area aswell...so what happends is, it gets inside my eyes!!!
how can i apply a cream without it getting into my eyes??? thnx
Ejay90

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
you would have to be very gentle around eye area and apply very little product.
even then there are many moisturizers (even those that are designed specifically for eyes) that can be irritating. so, please be careful when selecting you cream.

the most gentle way to apply it, is using your ring fingers, as those are the weakest. use them to very gently tap around eyes.

hope this helps Smile
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I also find that applying the cream in the direction from the temple towards the nose (i.e. from the outside - in) helps. This is how Decleor recommends applying their Vitaroma cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
i did that but it was from nose to temple, ill try that...thnx!
Ejay90

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
when using an eye cream what is the appropriate amount to use? can you compare it to something such as a dime or earring stud? so I have an exact size in mind.
thanks!
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
oh, i would start with much smaller amount than that.
just barely dip a tip of 1 finger into a jar or squeeze a tiny drop of cream. enough,to leave a thin layer, a 'film' on the tip of your finger. Then, touch ring fingers together, so the amount is distributed evenly between the two and the cream/gel is warmer. Then, ever so lightly, pat around the eye area,
ALWAYS starting at the outer corners, and moving toward the bridge of the nose. Thank you LandB for adding this info. This is done, so as not to stretch the delicate skin around eyes.

Try it, and if you want to add more product, just repeat the process. Long ago, a doctor told me that women tend to apply too much eye product at a time, which might cause puffiness and irritation.
It seems safer to use less eye cream, rather than more.
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
thnx for info!
ejay90

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I bumped this post up because there's been another discussion recently about applying eye creams gently so as not to rub the fragile area around the eyes.

After a bad experience with an Okusil sample - it would creep into my eyes at night - I started applying my regular eye product (Decleor Vitaroma) with a q-tip. I seem to get better penetration and better control than dabbing with the pad of my pinky finger, which I used to use. I can get away with a tiny bit of rubbing without being too rough. In fact, the area barely moves... it's just that the q-tip is allowing the product to seep into the lines where I want the product to go.

Some q-tips are nicer than others - you don't want to go generic here because the generic ones tend to leave some cotton behind.

I also found that a q-tip allowed me to get better spot-treating control with the sample of ADCE that I was using for a while. I was able to isolate my forehead lines and 11 quite well.

Has anyone else used q-tips and is there any downside?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was told twice (in Sephora and Kiehl's) that you only need to apply cream to your orbital bones. The cream is supposed to migrate to dry areas, which would be the skin around your eyes. This way you'll have little chance of any cream getting in your eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
natsumi wrote:
I was told twice (in Sephora and Kiehl's) that you only need to apply cream to your orbital bones. The cream is supposed to migrate to dry areas, which would be the skin around your eyes. This way you'll have little chance of any cream getting in your eyes.

It depends on the eye cream whether I attempt to use it on my lower orbital bone. Some eye ceams, such as those which are really hydrating, cause me to get blackheads there.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
The only downside of useing a q tip that I can think of is product waste, the tip absorbing lovely product... Otherwise it sounds like you've

That stuff about migrating cream... hmm not sure what I believe about that one...if I don't apply cream "all over" my undereye skin gets a bit dry... But I suppose it has more to do with the product if it migrates or not, I'm useing decleors Hydra Floral Eye Contour Gel and Juice Beautys Eye Smoothing Concentrate...neither migrate much IMO...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 10, 2006 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
The only downside of useing a q tip that I can think of is product waste, the tip absorbing lovely product.

Good point. Didn't think of that. My Decleor probably doesn't absorb into the q-tip much because of its thicker consistency - it just sort of "rests" on the q-tip - but a thinner product like ADCE might. And I ain't no spendthrift! Think I'll stick with my using my finger when it comes to larger areas like my forehead lines.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |