Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
DermaExcel 7™ Janson Becket-anyone ever use?-Botox-like
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a free sample but will take a while. Wonder if anyone has used. Has same peptides as city Face skin Remodeler and 2 additional peptides. Hearing good things about these. Intriguing on how it works:

Introducing DermaExcel 7™ the solution to stubborn or hard-to-remove wrinkles
As the understanding of the wrinkle formation process continues to advance so does our ability to impede this process. Wrinkles and their formation due to facial expressions, repetitive motions, environmental damage, and natural aging are no longer considered uncorrectable. Wrinkles have been proven to be preventable and reversible.

Expression and repetitive motion wrinkles form because of lingering skin tension produced when excessive chemical signals stimulate facial muscles. These types of wrinkles can form each time you smile, frown, laugh or cry. Repetitive movements can even occur while you are asleep. Over time this results in: brow lines (11s), forehead creases, crow’s feet, laugh lines, lip lines around the mouth, and overall aging in the appearance of the skin.

The cause of skin tension and muscle contractions that form wrinkles relies on a delicate neurotransmitter process called the SNARE complex. The SNARE complex involves three proteins (Snap 25, Vamp, and Syntaxin) that combine to allow neurons to complete exocytosis. Exocytosis is the release of chemicals across the neuron’s synapse that triggers the contraction of a muscle. Preventing or interrupting this exocytosis is the key to stopping or attenuating muscle contractions and hence relaxing existing wrinkles and preventing new ones from forming. Botulinum Toxin (BOTOX®) targets and stops this same process.

DermaExcel 7 treats wrinkles by combining the three most advanced peptides
DermaExcel 7 is the first anti-wrinkle product to combine the three latest cutting-edge peptides in a single spot wrinkle treatment. DermaExcel 7 contains 5% PentaPeptide (Leuphasyl), 10% Acetyl HexaPeptide (Argireline), and 10% HeptaPeptide (Snap-7), a Janson Beckett first. Each peptide interrupts the wrinkle producing SNARE complex differently but produces similar and collaborative results – DermaExcel 7 provides reduced depth of wrinkles and younger looking skin.

DermaExcel 7 contains PentaPeptide Leuphasyl which works outside the pre-synaptic neuron and prior to Argireline or Snap-7. The body carries a slight electrical charge. When the repetitive movements occur, the electrical charge in that part of the body rises. Leuphasyl helps moderate the release of acetylcholine during the SNARE complex by lowering the skin’s electrical charge in the applied area, making it more difficult for neurons to fire. Since neurons move the muscles by delivering acetylcholine into the muscle cells, Leuphasyl’s ability to moderate the electrical charge being sent to the applied area is crucial in lessening and relaxing muscle contraction. Impairing muscle contraction is what makes the skin look younger and mitigates wrinkles and their formation.

DermaExcel 7 contains Acteyl HexaPeptide (Argireline) is a popular ingredient in wrinkle cosmetics and was the first peptide to offer effects similar to BOTOX. Argireline works by mimicking a component of the SNARE complex to block the nerve signals and by inhibiting the overproduction of catecholamines. By blocking these neurotransmitters, Argireline reduces the contraction of muscles and reduces wrinkles and prevents wrinkle formation.

DermaExcel 7 contains HeptaPeptide (Snap-7) is a natural amino acid that contains seven amino peptides. Snap-7’s advanced peptide structure is more efficient at stopping vesicle formation and neurotransmitter release than any other amino peptide. Snap-7 is essentially the next level of amino peptide that works faster and reduces deeper wrinkles that the others could not. Snap-7 accomplishes this by binding to existing Snap-25 receptors to block the release of acetylcholine. This prevents neurons from effectively transmitting signals that instruct muscles to contract. When repetitive movements are impaired, the formation of fine lines and wrinkles is reduced or prevented.

The complementary system of Leuphasyl, Argireline and Snap-7 makes DermaExcel 7’s formula even more effective. Because Leuphasyl lowers local synaptic voltage, neuron responsiveness and efficiency is lowered. Argireline and Snap-7 then work in concert to intercept any neurotransmitters actually released. This combined method of treatment prevents and lessens muscle contractions, subsequently reducing repetitive or expressive wrinkle formation.

DermaExcel 7 combats your deep wrinkles and augments the effects of AlphaDerma CE
DermaExcel 7’s formula is an evolutionary step in spot wrinkle prevention and repair targeted at eliminating the final deep wrinkles that resist AlphaDerma CE. By combining three cutting-edge peptides, along with Alpha Lipoic Acid, a powerful antioxidant, DMAE, a skin firmer, and Shea Butter, a superior skin moisturizer, Janson Beckett continues a multi-faceted approach to anti-wrinkle and anti-aging skin care.

Similar to its sibling AlphaDerma CE, DermaExcel 7 can produce results immediately. Test subjects reported seeing quick improvements and commented they felt their skin tighten and pleasantly tingle for up to 30 minutes after application. AlphaDerma CE revolutionized wrinkle creams, and now DermaExcel 7 is ready to safely but aggressively eradicate your last stubborn or hard-to-remove wrinkles. Although DermaExcel 7 is a great stand-alone product for wrinkles, the AlphaDerma CE sets the skin’s proper balance to further increase the absorption and benefits of the DermaExcel 7.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used an entire bottle and saw NO results on my forehead lines or the "11s" between my brows.

However Realx-aline has totally gotten rid of the "11s" (YIPPPEE!!!!) and has greatly diminished the lines on my forehead.

I guess for me simpler is better.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
2nd Mom's opinion. Neither product appeared to do anything for me. I continue to use it ONLY because it cost me a pretty penny. I do know alot of EDS'rs love it. Just goes to show....1 product DOES NOT work the same for every person...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Someone on another forum offered an alternate but similar product to this and their opinion of this stuff.
See below:

JP wrote:
I carry a Snap 8/ Leuphasyl product..and.. also have an Argireline/SynColl formula that works very well.

Snap 7, or actually, Lipotec calls it Snap 8 (Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide 7) works like Argireline (only better they say.."Lipotec").

As far as loading, they (JanBeck) are out of their minds to load in such high doses. Anything above 10% on SNAP or Argireline is a waste, and does not make it more effective. Basically adding 10% Argireline to that formula just wasted the Arg.

Actually, they designed Leuphasyl so that formulaters could lower the Argireline concentrations in formulas to 5%, while adding Leuphasyl at 5%, this would actually make it as effective as a 10% Argireline, and cheaper, since Leuphasyl is half the price of Argireline or Snap 8.

The peptides are rather expensive, but customers are usually under the impression that the higher the %, the better...in this product..not the case.

You could try it, but I would not pay 150.00 for it. Maybe ebay has it cheaper somewhere, but I doubt it. Snap 8 (Or Snap 7 as "they" call it) is a fairly new peptide, and you will see it a lot more ...soon.

Anyway, you can view my products on the link provided if you like.

Here's a link:

http://www.pharmcolabs.com/antiaging.htm
Almost half the price.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use it...but I still get Botox injections. I'm hoping that with continued use, it will help with the tiny lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Actually both the heptapeptide & pentapeptide in this formula are not new. They have been available to cosmetic manufacturers for a while. Maybe about 3 years now, I think. There was a big wave of cosmetic companies including these peptides in their formulas about 2 years ago in Europe, then it just sort of fizzled out. Glad to see that JB has revived them & has created a product with them. According to JB it is "just like getting a shot of BOTOX". Sounds very exciting & promising! Would like to hear more people's reviews about it's efficacy.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Actually both the heptapeptide & pentapeptide in this formula are not new. They have been available to cosmetic manufacturers for a while. Maybe about 3 years now, I think. There was a big wave of cosmetic companies including these peptides in their formulas about 2 years ago in Europe, then it just sort of fizzled out. Glad to see that JB has revived them & has created a product with them. According to JB it is "just like getting a shot of BOTOX". Sounds very exciting & promising! Would like to hear more people's reviews about it's efficacy.
Smile

I like DermaExcel (probably won't repurchase), but like Botox alot more Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used it long enough to be able to review it yet, but I did see a Derma Excel 7 selling on ebay now for $1! I also saw the skin prep and ADCE selling too, but they were around $70.

I love my ADCE! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
It did not work for me and I also tried it on my husband's 11's and it did not work on them. I had very high hopes but maybe it will work on someone else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I sent JP a comment via his website asking for a sample of the Snap 8 they have. they said they do not but offered me a 1 oz size for free to try and email with weekly results. So I get to try it for free! Why not?

Maybe others can try and see if they can get in on the "study" Doesn't hurt to ask...
Mabsy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
My mum has this but I haven't heard much about it from her - I must remember to follow up on this. She loves her Alphaderma though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
WARNING!

I was told on another board to stay away from this stuff. It has Argerline in it and is now being blamed for relaxing wrinkles, yes, but ultimately causing sagging skin!!!! There is some on this board and one woman's horror story about it.

http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi?read=61201
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
PS. The Snap 8 product I ordered DOES NOT have Argerline in it.
Mabsy

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
WARNING!

I was told on another board to stay away from this stuff. It has Argerline in it and is now being blamed for relaxing wrinkles, yes, but ultimately causing sagging skin!!!! There is some on this board and one woman's horror story about it.

http://www.spectacularskin.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.cgi?read=61201

FYI: Have a look at the discussion about this here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5648

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
The anecdote sounds more like a case of Bell's Palsy to me, especially since the drooping occurred on only one side of her face. Bell's Palsy is relatively common, and has many possible and varied causes. Onset is quick and sudden, without much warning. Also, it occurs most often in mature people, and the woman in the anecdote is presumably older since she's using anti-aging/wrinkle products. I doubt if she applies them to only one side of her face.

Having said all that, I don't think we can be too cautious about what we put on our skin. Several medicines are administered transdermally, and many cosmetic/skincare products have ingredients to help facilitate absorption. The woman said she was thoroughly checked out by medical professionals and spent $10,000 to correct the problem, so I'd think/hope a facelift wouldn't have been performed if it were a case of Bell's Palsy. Then again, there are some very aggressive docs out there trying to cash in on the vain and aging population.

I can't help but be a little skeptical -- argiriline products are widely used. If they truly caused this type of problem, I'd think we'd be hearing many more stories like this. But I could be wrong. Perhaps argiriline can trigger something like Bell's Palsy in susceptible people. It is, after all, a neurological condition and argiriline works by essentially numbing the area to which it's applied.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
well, I could not imagine putting this stuff all over your face. Does not seem logical. Why WOULD you want to relax your whole face?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I love hearing all sides.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Well it would stand to reason if one is relaxing a muscle the skin (attached to it) will slackin, they started noticing with long term botox users, that the lower half of the face was getting more wrinkled due to the frozen muscles of the upper causing one to use the lower half more. Now I am def not saying that is totaly true since I've never used botox and can't say from experience but I can say it does seem to make a bit of sense. I personally never noticed enough of a difference with argeriline to keep using it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |