Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help, just got my ADCE. What's the right routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Here's my routine right now:

AM
Wash w/oatmeal mint soap
Tone w/ACV
Homemade Vitamin C serum
Spot treat w/homemade eo serum
Moisturize (only, if dry; I have oily skin)

PM
OCM
Tone w/ACV
Avene Ystheal Gel (retinoid)
Spot treat w/homemade eo serum

So, can anyone tell me where to add the Mineral Prep and ADCE here? I'm assuming in the morning, I can do the mineral prep before the Vitamin C and the ADCE after (drying between). In the PM, I was thinking to add the MP after toning, wait until dry, then the Ystheal Gel, wait 30 minutes and finally apply the ADCE.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after more research, I think I've figured it out for anyone else who may be interested.

Here's my new routine:

AM
Wash w/oatmeal mint soap
Tone w/ACV (w/lemon and ylang ylang EOs)
Mineral Prep (wait until dry)
Homemade Vitamin C serum (pat on; wait until dry)
ADCE (wait until dry)
Spot treat w/homemade EO serum
Shiseido sunscreen

PM
OCM (50% castor/50% hazelnut)
Tone w/ACV (w/lemon and ylang ylang EOs)
Mineral Prep (wait until dry)
ADCE (wait until dry)
Spot treat w/homemade EO serum
Avene Ystheal Gel (retinoid)

Basically, I found that it's recommended for the retinoid to be applied very last and that the Ystheal Gel doesn't contain any copper/metals to interfere with the vitamin C in ADCE so I'm not disabling any benefits.

I'm tickled with the JB products so far. Already, my little smile lines are almost gone (after just using last night and today!) so yippee, skin's looking fab.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I think that looks good! The only thing I am not sure about is using the retinoid with the ADCE but that's because I don't know much about retinoids and their interaction with other ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I also use the JB prep, ADCE, and PSF Vit C serum. I use the prep and ADCE in the am (no Vit C) and use the Vit C in the evening (sometimes I also use the prep, sometimes not). I like the fact that the Vit C gets to work on my whole face by itself the whole night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I called Jansen-Beckett to ask about using the two together. The lady said as long as there was no metal in the retinoid, which I verified that there is not, then it would not deplete the benefits of the Ester-C in ADCE.

She did say that the ADCE/Prep would help w/anti-aging and I might not need the Ystheal Gel but I also use it for resurfacing and pore reduction. It's doing a wonderful job so I don't want to give it up.

So far, the routine is working fabulously (I know it's a short time) but my little laugh lines are almost GONE and my neck lines are going bye-bye, too. I have to note that I am a young looking almost-40-year-old (next week) so I don't have any deep set lines but I am seeing significant results on the little ones I do have so I'm taking that as a good sign.
Mabsy

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting us know scalawaggirl! Glad it's all working well for you. My mum loves her ADCE and skin prep - I wonder if I should get her a retinoid to use with that as well then....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |