Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what is the best vit c to use for oily skin what to use at
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
makeuplover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
what is a good vit c to use during the day i have oily combo skin want to help my lines iam 51 what is a good product to use at night to help with lines and firm your skin
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily acne prone skin and I like Skinceuticals Serum 10. I heard there is a good DIY Vitamin C Serum in the DIY thread, though. Smile I haven't tried it yet myself.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I think if you have oily skin then chances are that you might prefer a more watery serum. IN that case Skinceuticals C serum, IS Clinical, and maybe PSF Skincare or Vivier (the last two are not as watery as the first two I mentioned).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Could anyone please put these in a ranking order of least to most watery in texture. I currently use PSF and could not tolerate anything slicker. I am curious how vivier and janson/becket compare. Thanks!
Mabsy

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:45 am      Reply with quote
pnw wrote:
Could anyone please put these in a ranking order of least to most watery in texture. I currently use PSF and could not tolerate anything slicker. I am curious how vivier and janson/becket compare. Thanks!

Exactly as I mentioned but in reverse order, I gave you a list of most watery to least. The Skinceuticals and IS Clinical are about the same, perhaps the Skinceuticals is slightly more drying. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I need to update this and say that now that I have used three different IS Clinical vit C serums I have to say that only the Super Serum is a watery one. The C 15% and the ProHeal both have a more substantial texture that is probably slightly less than the Vivier.

Apologies for the update, when I posted the above I had only tried the Super Serum in the IS Clinical line-up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like all the ascorbic acid serums I've used are sticky on my face. I just bought Skinceuticals 10% and its really sticky too. I dont know whether to keep using it for fear it will break me out.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
mermaid7000 wrote:
It seems like all the ascorbic acid serums I've used are sticky on my face. I just bought Skinceuticals 10% and its really sticky too. I dont know whether to keep using it for fear it will break me out.

How is it sticky? Directly after application or it remains that way? I never found the 10% Skinceuticals to be sticky (it felt just like nothing but made my face a bit tight).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Its right after application and continues to remain sticky for like a few hours. Also I noticed its very moisturizing, which is a surprise because most people here said its drying. Guess its just my skin. I tried a Triple C serum with 3 esterfied vitamin C's by Diana Yvonne and that went on smoothly with no stickiness at all. I'm thinking its the Ascorbic acid because the base in the Skinceuticals is pretty watery, and the other ascorbic acid serum I used was an oily consistancy and sticky at same time.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am starting to wonder if maybe the formulation has changed? No way was the Skinceuticals moisturising in any way for me - it was one of the most drying serums I had tried.

Has anybody else bought the Skinceuticals 10% recently and tried it in the past as well?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was on another skin care message forum and a couple people were talking about how they didn't like the way the skinceuticals felt on their skin and that it felt sticky and they said some distributor that sells it said that is the number one complaint of their products. I do recall one of them saying something about the new formulation. Here is the list of current ingredients:

Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Bioflavonoids, Sodium Hyaluronate

I know the Hyaluronic acid is very soft consistency, and phenoxyethanol is an alcohol I think. So that only leaves the ascorbic acid and zinc sulfate. I don't know about zinc sulfate. The other one I used by Keihls had ascorbic acid in a propylene glycol and glycerin base so I thought it may have been the base that was sticky.
Mabsy

Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the list of ingredients. I don't think I have the old bottle anymore but I will go look (you never know - I do keep weird things sometimes Smile). I'm not sure if the HA was in there before....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I would put JB C&C as loads less "slip" than the Vivier and PSF. My favorite to this moment is still Cellex-C, which I guess feels a tad sticky on application but vanishes quickly. JB C&C is "heavier" than that and is more stickier, but it does vanish fairly fast.

I just cannot get past the glycerin slick of Vivier and PSF, but I know loads of people love it. Just personal taste on texture I guess.
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I actually just ordered Cellex C to see if it has the same stickiness. I'll try that out before I send back the Skinceuticals, and in the meantime till I get the Cellex C I'll continue to use the SC to see how it goes. The good thing about this place I order from is the products can be returned even if they are used. If this ones sticky too then I'll assume its just the ascorbic acid.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Last time I used SkinCeuticals 10, it was very drying...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I also experienced stickiness when I used skinceuticals. I think it has something to do with the natural oils your skin produces. It goes on smoothly at first but within an 30 minutes my face is sticky. My sister who has dry skin is using the skinceuticals CE and experiences no stickiness. I actually have had better experience with vivier 20% and my own homemade DIY c serum.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |