Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Physician's Formula Mineral Foundation (long)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of mineral makeup so when I saw an ad for Physician's Formula on sale(40% off), I decided to give it a try. I picked up the Liquid Mineral version in Sand Beige. I couldn't decide which one to get(they had about 6 shades, I believe, ranging from very pale/light to warm medium tan. Sand Beige was the darkest). On top of the 40% off, some products had a $2 off Manufacturer's coupon attached. The Liquid minerals had a "Try Me Free" coupon.

I like the foundation. I find it to be of medium to full coverage. It covers my acne scars well with a nice matte finish. I heard it can be drying so I put a couple drops of jojoba oil on my skin before applying. It wore well throughout the day. I found my skin wasn't as shiny as usual, but I still needed to blot a couple times. It didn't sink into my pores and it felt ok on. I wouldn't say it felt weightless, but it definitely didn't feel heavy or masklike to me.

As for application, it came with this sponge tipped appicator on the squeeze tube. You are supposed to apply the foundation directly to the skin with the sponge tip, but I didn't want to do this(even though the product boasts of an anti microbial agent in the sponge), so I squeezed the product onto the palm of my hand and used my fingers to apply. I think using a foundation brush would be even better. I then lightly dusted on some powder to set.

The color match was pretty good for my medium yellow undertoned skin. It could have used a bit more yellow, though. I am a MAC C40/Aromaleigh mix of 75% 3Y and 25% 3L and it was more like an MAC NC35 or NC40 or Aromaleigh 3YL. It didn't look unnatural, though. It blended into my skin rather nicely. It retails for about $10 without the sale or any coupons. I think I will repurchase! I definitely want to go back and try the loose minerals next. I suspect the coverage will be less and will feel "weightless".
Mabsy

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Great review - thank you!

How easy is this to blend? I really like the Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals and it looks great on my skin but I found that unless my skin is very well moisturised it "grabs" a little too quickly to the drier areas and is then hard to blend. Have you tried the Physician's Formula one without oil underneath by any chance?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I have seen many good reviews on Physicians Formula, the bronzers always look appealing too.
Great review Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Physicians Formula at one time. They seem to vamping up their advertising and pretty packaging and made it tempting to try it. I found that the products made my skin oily and when my skin was actully showing the the shine, I could feel the make up mixing with the oil and my skin felt sticky. I could not wait until I got home to wash my face. By mid morning the make up felt so heavy. I tried to stick with it for a couple of weeks, to see if my skin got used to using it. I had to give it up. Glad it is working for you. We are all different, but I do enjoy reading others success stories. If it is working, keep using it.
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Great review - thank you!

How easy is this to blend? I really like the Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals and it looks great on my skin but I found that unless my skin is very well moisturised it "grabs" a little too quickly to the drier areas and is then hard to blend. Have you tried the Physician's Formula one without oil underneath by any chance?

Hi, Mabsy!

I've only used it with a bit of oil, but I found it is fairly easy to blend if I use my palm as a palette(I squirt a bit of the mineral foundation in my palm which has some residue from the Jojoba Oil that I put on previously, then I smooth it around a bit so it isn't as thick before I apply it to my face). I haven't tried it without oil underneath yet, though. It looks like it might be harder to blend without properly moisturizing your skin first. In fact, the consistency sorta reminds me of Armani Matte Silk Foundation--maybe a bit thicker(but definitely not spackle like). The Try Me Free coupon is a wonderful way to try it out. This was my first venture into liquid Mineral foundation--I've tried loose mineral before, but I really love how my face has been looking with this liquid mineral lately. It feels and looks healthier! Smile
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I tried Physicians Formula at one time. They seem to vamping up their advertising and pretty packaging and made it tempting to try it. I found that the products made my skin oily and when my skin was actully showing the the shine, I could feel the make up mixing with the oil and my skin felt sticky. I could not wait until I got home to wash my face. By mid morning the make up felt so heavy. I tried to stick with it for a couple of weeks, to see if my skin got used to using it. I had to give it up. Glad it is working for you. We are all different, but I do enjoy reading others success stories. If it is working, keep using it.

Ackkk! Sad I'm sorry to hear that it made you oily! :P Did you try the new liquid mineral foundation formula or the regular liquid foundation? I've never tried any other products by Physician's Formula(except for the Guerlain Les Meteorited knock off--very nice, btw. Very Happy).
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
HI,
No, I do not like any "liquid" foundations. I really enjoy being able to control the coverage I want and need. I find with liquids, my imperfections make it difficult to blend and match skin discolorations etc. I decided to stay clear from Physician's Formula products all together. But, hey if it is working for you, I say stick with it.
thanks
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Physician's Formula bronzer that I have. It's the Powder Palette Multi-Colored bronzer in Light Bronze. I have extremely pale skin and I use this instead of blush to put a little color in my cheeks. When I wear this I get compliments on my skin! This has never made me break out and feels light and wonderful.

This brings me to the Mineral Wear pressed powder.

Horrid product.
I hate it.

The first time I wore it it felt like a mask on my face... heavy and gross. Nice coverage, though! Very Happy I figured I was just being fussy and wore it the next day. Big mistake. Apparently my sensitive skin is not the kind of "sensitive skin" this product was tested on, because I had a huge itchy (horribly itchy, I wanted to claw my face off) reddened reaction to it.
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the mineral liquid foundation too. I liked it overall. It seems to be full coverage(I prefer sheer-to-medium coverage). I think a poster said it was drying on skin? I actually like that because I am a little oily and I didn't need to touch it up or blot it with powder for hours. It gave me a nice finish. I like the sponge, but still needed to blend some with my fingers. My only complaint, really, is that the color I chose makes me look washed out. Maybe I will try the next darker shade. I am fair, so I can't go much darker! I'm not sure I love the mineral powder, maybe I just need to use a different brush! All in all, I like the foundation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |