Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose Blackheads..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
steven

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm a male model, 23 years old, i mostly have perfect skin except for one achillies heel, black heads on the nose. Basically the case is that ever pore on my skin on the nose is a black head. They seem fairly close to the surface, not really embedded type of thing, but they just won't go away. If I squeese I get like worms coming out of my nose. Yuck. Facial cleanser doesn't reall make a difference to it. Is there any way you can stop the puss from producing in those nose pores? In the past ive just been squeezing the every two weeks or so and then putting some disinfectant on. Probably not an expert approach heh. I never really paid too much attention to the problemm cause my skins ok naturally but now that im getting older im starting to worry. I don't want to end up with those yucky nose holes you see some older people have.

Help!

BTW, nice forum. I just stumbled in here after google search. Im probably the only man-model here..don't be cruel to me. I know its a lame profession but it brings in the bling bling. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hey Steven, if you have the looks then good for you, what a great way to bring home the bacon Very Happy

OK now for those nasty blackheads.

You could try the Oil Cleansing Method: cleansing using Castor Oil (yes the laxative, you should be able to purchase this from a local chemists), you can literally see the blackheads popping out!!!

After cleansing applying Witch Hazel as a toner will close up any open pores.

Also I suggest looking at the homemade recipe for the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream on the following thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

If you don't really fancy this, I strongly recomend the actual Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud is right...I've got the same problem you do ~sadly, your description was dead-on, but the OCM does seem to work. Its not a one time thing fix. I do it -not every night, but almost. I use cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil, and Cold-pressed Castor oil, 50-50 (I mix it up and keep the bottle under my bathroom sink, just be sure to shake it good before you use it).
As for the witch hazel, I like the Thayers brand, its about $8.00 from a store like Whole Foods.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
OCM really works but I cant make my husband do that everynight so I bought him those strips...I've heard some terrible things about them on here but the get the job done for him.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
The OCM works great!!! It is a bit time intensive, but so worth it. Hmmmm, I still have some of the pore strips. I hadn't thought of them in ages. I think I'll try those after the OCM, CC, Thayers tonight. The OCM really soften up those nasty plugs. I bet more would come loose using the strips. I'll report back tomorrow! Smile

Sorry, tangent. Ok, if you aren't into using oils (FYI: you can get castor oil from Walmart in the pharmacy section. Though the cold pressed I find works faster. I got mine at Wild Oats.)

You could try the Neutragena Microdermabrasion kit. It is gentle, but helps smooth skin. Or I've heard tons about Epidermix (but I haven't tried it yet). Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Blackheads on the nose seem to be the hardest to get rid of. I best thing I've found is Differin gel. It is a product that takes a script in the US but you can get it from pharmacies in NZ and Canada w/o a script.

It still takes some time to get rid of them, but at least it is working.

BTW, those large pours older people have are caused by UVA rays....use a good sunblock.
lola
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi steven,
I can only give you advice from what I've tried.
I have oily skin, and used to have blackheads on my nose as well, and the only thing that worked for me was Proactiv. You can buy the basic 3 piece kit from QVC. I think it works wonders. I'm an actress and I started using it several years ago when I was doing a play that required stage blood (which made me break out like crazy) and Proactiv stopped it. Just give it about a month to really see results. Another good option (which I've been doing for 3 months) is glycolic acid pads. Basically it's just a facial pad (like oxy, or stridex) that contains 10% glycolic acid. The best ones I've tried are from a dermatologist called Dr. Denese (you can get them from QVC also). You use them nightly after washing your face, they will slowly exfoliate the dead skin and keep your pores clean. But.....you must wear at least an spf 15 every single day, when using either product.
Hope this was of some help, if you have any questions you can IM me.

Good luck!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou very much for all this advice. I am going to try this castor oil method, because it seems relatively simple, and if that doesn't work ill move on to one of the other suggestions. Thanks again.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh!1 Be sure to use EVOO with the castor!! And too much castor oil is NOT a good thing...hehehe experience talking here, ok? Very Happy Just run a search on OCM or even CareKate. She is the queen of DIY here. Using her receipes have helped many. I found a 2 to 1 using the EVOO to Castor oil to work best for me. 50/50 was way too drying.

My two cents: Lola sounds like she has great experience and is in a similar field where looks are very important and can equate to getting a job or not. You might PM her to see what else has worked for her. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
My miracle product is Glymed Serious Action Skin Astringent...the blackheads are gone after one application. Warning: it does sting like $%#&*, and I have to do a little happy dance, but it works!! My girlfriends have been amazed, too, and I've had to make little sample bottles for them. Also, works on anything that is the formative stages under your skin. It's the best investment you will ever make!
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
i dont have TONS of blackheads but i do have a dozen or so micros on the left side of my nose and only noticable under close scrutiny. I tried castor oil and not knowing the proper method i just slobbed some on there and waited a few minutes rubbing it in and what not and didnt notice anything.

I first mixed in olive oil but then went str8 castor.

I was waiting to "see them come out"
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
2% Beta Hydroxy Acid cleans the pores out REALLY WELL. It has to be well formulated though and not all that are "out there" work to get the job done. Paula's Choice or Estee Lauder's Idealist are very good choices.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hey Steven, if you have the looks then good for you, what a great way to bring home the bacon Very Happy

OK now for those nasty blackheads.

You could try the Oil Cleansing Method: cleansing using Castor Oil (yes the laxative, you should be able to purchase this from a local chemists), you can literally see the blackheads popping out!!!

After cleansing applying Witch Hazel as a toner will close up any open pores.

Also I suggest looking at the homemade recipe for the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream on the following thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=0

If you don't really fancy this, I strongly recomend the actual Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream.

I'll pipe in to agree but add cause I'm a lousy cook I buy the Dr. Hauschka ready made Razz
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another vote for the oil cleansing method. I also used to have blackheads on my nose but my skin now looks virtually poreless due to OCM.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I found if my skin was hydrated and moistured enough ,the blakhead would gone away Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
If in addition to the cleanser and AHA's you can also use a blackhead remover tool. I have one from Sephora (thin loops on either end) and I just gently run it down both sides of my nose once in a while, works great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Ifeelprettyproducts.com sells a 2% BHA toner that is cheap and well formulated, and works great. Just swipe it on with a cotton pad over your nose and wait 30 minutes before you put anything else on. Use this everyday on your nose and it should clean those suckers out within a week.
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I have this exact problem. I've bought a product called Liquid Gold from Alpha H (available on QVC) which contains Glycolic Acid. Hopefully this should start to clear it up!!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Steven. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you wrote this question because my man has the same problem. We're glad you're here. Coleen

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I second the ifeelpretty bha 2%liquid, but I have to use it everyday to keep them cleaned out, which can get drying.
Starr
5% products discount

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like the Beyond Belief ABH Clean Pore Nose Peel from Sally's. I have normal skin but my nose occasionally wants to boycott so I'm a big fan of this product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I find anything with 2% salicylic acid keeps me a-ok....dermalogica microfoliant works great for me.
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the good voices here. I have tried so many products and methods, but they didn't work well. The nose strip is the worse, it did pull out the blackheads visibly, but continuous use will make my pore bigger and bigger. I haven't tried Castor Oil, but rosebud's post made me interested in the OCM. In my opinion, what's the most important is to close your pore afterwards. Otherwise all those removed blackheads will grow back later.

Anyone knows a good product which does best in minimizing pores?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
My miracle product is Glymed Serious Action Skin Astringent...the blackheads are gone after one application. Warning: it does sting like $%#&*, and I have to do a little happy dance, but it works!! My girlfriends have been amazed, too, and I've had to make little sample bottles for them. Also, works on anything that is the formative stages under your skin. It's the best investment you will ever make!

Hollywood, which Glymed Astringent do you use -- 2, 5, or 10%? Question
legallyblonde
5% products discount

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
hey all, i have the same problem. i want to try the OCM mehtod - tried doing a search but it pulled up too many things on the site. can anyone either link me or explain what it is and the recipe for the formula?? would appreciate it!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |