Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

marijuana
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Touchy subject, but can smoking marijuana affect your skin? Make acne worse?

Yes, I know all about what it does to the rest of your body, but I'm just wondering about the skin aspect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
When something effects you. it effects all of you including your skin. I would say that smoking "weed" would effect your skin negatively. As does cigerattes, alcohol, and any type of drug used consistantly.

An example for you would be, Think about eating a bulb of garlic. It will sweat out your pores. (maybe not the best example but shows what you do eat, drink, smoke will effect you as a whole via negative or positive)
another thing to think about is when you are effecting your inner body and it cannot funtion properly as a result of what you are doing, then your organs like the liver cannot take care of you and cleanse your body like it should.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with Fierce. Also, the free radicals are a big culprit in bad skin. They make you age fast. Smokers of any kind always end up with lots of wrinkles.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
no idea...of the few people I do know who smoke it, none of them have very nice skin.

Want nice skin? eat right, exercise, take vitamins and avoid alcohol and other toxins

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I think it comes down to, everything is fine in moderation but is damaging in excess.

The odd joint should not really affect your skin much, at the end of the day driving in heavy traffic of being in the city is the equivalent to packets of cigarettes when it comes to the fumes you breathe in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi jamie630 - I'm a smoker and have really good skin for my age (53). I don't have wrinkles or even many lines. If it weren't for gravity... I realize that this is somewhat anomalous, but then again I don't drink much alcohol. I notice when I do, my skin becomes quite dry and puffy looking. It's generally an associated behavior with heavy smoking, so I've often wondered if drinking rather than smoking does more harm to the skin.

Smoking cannabis could be bad for the skin if for no other reason than it lowers glycemic levels and causes one to eat like a pig, particularly carbs and sweets Wink Too much sugar in the diet can cause skin problems for some people, although I also have quite a sweet tooth and like I said, my skin condition is very good.

Reefer Madness may be one thing, but I agree with rosebud's wise remark about moderation and excess.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I can only speak for myself, coz everyone's different, but I'm a smoker (gave up weed years ago) and I really don't subscribe to the theory that smoking/drinking causes skin damage. BUT having said that, maybe the reason I have good skin is due to the fact that I take care of it and always have, all my life. I have friends who are younger than me with skin like leather, deep lines everywhere, while I've avoided the sun like the plague - so maybe my skincare routine has counteracted the effects of my wild n' crazy lifestyle...who knows Very Happy

Anya
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |