Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Well... I bought the Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers in Root Beer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
And I love it! I would never have thought of buying if it wasn't for the fact that i've read the good reviews here. i would have thought it was for kids.

The ingredients are great! Castor oil, lanolin, sesame oil and lots of other good stuff. No petrolium.

$1.50 you can't beat that.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Bonne Bell Lip lites are great glosses too. I have mocha mousse and I think the other is cappuchino (sp?). They're both pretty (although mm is my favorite) and smell yummy too!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Me too! I picked it up at Target when I got the crazy cat box! I really like it and I never used it when I was younger! My little one likes it too! It leaves just a bit of color too! I will be keeping this one.. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't purchased one of those since high school....now I'm tempted to go get one Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I find when i use cheaper lip glosses like the lip smackers, I will get a a white line/buildup around the lip right where your two lips meet when you mouth is closed. (this is after wearing it for about 20 mins to an hour)

Does anyone else experience this? what is it caused from?
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I picked it up yesterday at CVS after reading about it! Would never have thought to try it! Have to say I am very happy that it wasn't one of the products that cost a lot of $$$...this forum usually gets me into so much trouble!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using a Lip Smacker (first one released was strawberry) since the 70's. I'm hooked on the Dr Pepper one even though I am 45 yrs young. I buy several at a time. I keep one in my desk at work, one by my pc, one in my car, in a pocket of each coat, etc. They are everywhere! So what if I lose them easily. I can buy another handful for about 10 bucks. I also like the fact that it (Dr Pepper) is just slightly darker than my natural lip color so it perks up my facial color as well. I don't feel one bit childish buying or using them because even after all these years I still enjoy them so much.

-Cheri
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Do you remember in the 70's they used to make the really large Lip Smackers much larger than the standard chap stick size. Oh, those were the days. I was 9 or 10 and remember getting my allowance and going to the corner drug store to purchase one every week, I had quite a collection. I remember Dr. Pepper and Bubblegum, mmmm!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr. Pepper lip smacker! I always have one handy. I remember the lip balms that used to come in these slide tins...those were the best!
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use lip smackers all the time when i was in high school, and stopped for a few years. Now I'm in fourth year university, and started to use it again, but have found that I broke out around my mouth. I looked at the ingredients on their site, and they seem to contain comedogenic ingredients. Does anyone have any recommendations for non-comedogenic lip glosses that are similar and just as fruity?

(here's the ingredient list: castor oil, beeswax, cetyl acetate, Candelilla Wax, flavour/fragrance, polybutene, sesame oil, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
fierce wrote:
I find when i use cheaper lip glosses like the lip smackers, I will get a a white line/buildup around the lip right where your two lips meet when you mouth is closed. (this is after wearing it for about 20 mins to an hour)

Does anyone else experience this? what is it caused from?

I know what you mean about that white line. That's why I prefer either Blistex or Burts Bees.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy wrote:
I used to use lip smackers all the time when i was in high school, and stopped for a few years. Now I'm in fourth year university, and started to use it again, but have found that I broke out around my mouth. I looked at the ingredients on their site, and they seem to contain comedogenic ingredients. Does anyone have any recommendations for non-comedogenic lip glosses that are similar and just as fruity?

(here's the ingredient list: castor oil, beeswax, cetyl acetate, Candelilla Wax, flavour/fragrance, polybutene, sesame oil, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides

Try Burts Bees lip glosses. They come in Cherry, Strawberry, Lemon-lime and raspberry. My favourite is Strawberry.

List of ingredients:
Grape seed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, lanolin, cocoa butter, natural raspberry flavor, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (Vitamin E), rosemary extract.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees lip balms are great! I also like balms from juice beauty and ganache for lips. Ganache for Lips is made with real chocolate, contains NO petroleum, and comes in flavors like mocha and raspberry truffle, yum! Another yummy one that won't break you out is Duwop's buttercream lip balm, but it's def. more expensive than the others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Burt's Bees lip balms are great! I also like balms from juice beauty and ganache for lips. Ganache for Lips is made with real chocolate, contains NO petroleum, and comes in flavors like mocha and raspberry truffle, yum! Another yummy one that won't break you out is Duwop's buttercream lip balm, but it's def. more expensive than the others.

Oooh...I'm very intrigued by the Ganache for Lips and the Duwop one. Where can you purchase them?
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw a special on the Duwop team, and decided to check it out at sephora. I was thinking about the buttercream lip balm, but thought it might just aggrabate my already ever-present sugar craving. (which is bad for bikini season Razz )

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Ganache For Lips can be bought at http://katescaringgifts.com/ --- only $3.95, which IMO is a steal for something so luxurious! Duwop's Buttercream balm can be found at a variety of places, like Sephora, Beauty.com, etc. OH, and I almost forgot--- as far as good, fruity, non-petroleum lip balms go, Kiss My Face has a line of really nice ones in flavors like strawberry, apple, and cranberry-orange. They have SPF too...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I must have bought ten of the Dr Pepper Lip Smackers! I've continually repurchased it because it gives the best natural color! I see others have noticed that as well. I think over the years (last ten or so) they have changed it slightly and made it a little less pigmented but I still loooove that color. Is the root beer a colored one?
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Count me in as another lover of Bonne Bell lipsmackers! Especially the Dr. Pepper one...
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
ooh, the ganache for lips chocolate flavours look delicious! My boyfriend is definitely going to kill me when yet another package is delivered. hehe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Do you remember in the 70's they used to make the really large Lip Smackers much larger than the standard chap stick size. Oh, those were the days. I was 9 or 10 and remember getting my allowance and going to the corner drug store to purchase one every week, I had quite a collection. I remember Dr. Pepper and Bubblegum, mmmm!

My little sis used to eat mine they smelled so good! Laughing I would buy them now for sure if they were available. Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kimmy-- let me know what flavors you decide to get! My all-time fave is Mocha--- I keep an extra in my purse, by my bed, etc.^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
You know what I really miss...those Candy Kisses lip balms. They actually tasted like candy. I can't find them in stores anymore.
Sad
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
You know what I really miss...those Candy Kisses lip balms. They actually tasted like candy. I can't find them in stores anymore.
Sad

I still find Candy Kisses at Sally Beauty Supply. Got my last one like 5 or 6 months ago. They have been half price near the register forever.. maybe they were discontinuing them... But I think they're still there...
Oh, they have em on ebay still... I really hope they're not discontinued...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Candy Kisses!! I must have applied that stuff 10 X a day when I was in Jr. High. Wouldn't leave the house without it. Haven't seen it in ages those... I figured it went the way of my beloved "Kissing Potion"...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
One of the sellers on eBay said the company that made Candy Kisses is no longer in business. That would explain why I can't find them. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |