Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
MSM supplements and skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious if anyone has ever tried MSM supplements or skin care. Particularly the Ultra Aesthetics MSM skin care line.

The people at the health food store were talking about how great this stuff is and the amazing results you get from taking MSM internally. Anyone have good (or bad) results with this?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I take MSM internally and have used a cream with MSM externally.

My hair is much thicker and looks much more healthy. My skin is also looking better. My nails are stronger as well.

MSM increases your absorbtion of other nutrients that you get from food. I think it is probably the best supplement you could take.

My friend used an MSM cream to reduce a scar she had from a bad accident, and the scar is completely gone now.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have also heard good things about MSM, but have not tried it yet.

Thanks to Carekate, I have discovered the many benefits of Hyaluronic Acid with BioCell Type II Collagen. Now that I've finished my first bottle with noticable results (lips have increased in size, nails have grown, and joint flexibility has never been better!), I am eager to incorporate this supplement into my overall health regime. While searching online for better prices (and sources to purchase the darn things as I live in Canada), I came across a product from Nature's Way that has Hyaluronic Acid, BioCell Type II, and MSM. WOW - I feel as if I hit the jackpot because it never dawned on me that I could buy a single capsule that contained MSM in addition to these supplements! The price per bottle (of 60 caps) was very reasonalble as well...only $13.99.

I can't wait to try these out and let you know if I detect any other changes or improvement's with the addition of the MSM. Would love to know if anyone else has tried the HA with BioCell and MSM, and if they liked this combination better.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Okay ScotsLass ... Very Happy

Where did you find these capsules? I paid WAY more than that at GNC and while it isn't the same TM'd hyluronic acid ... it works. However, $14 sounds a heck of a lot better than $34! Crying or Very sad

I live just 1.5 hours S.W. of Toronto ... and go to Toronto regularly [my mother lives there] ... so I need to know where I can get these!

How many mg's per capsule?

Thanks

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few different brand of MSM, and I can definitely feel/see a difference between them.

The range of quality between brands definitely varies.

I also find that taking MSM in the powdered form is better. You just mix a teaspoon with water. You can't taste it.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucinda- what brand of MSM are you taking? There are so many, it's hard to know which ones are good.

ScotsLass- I definately look forward to hearing about your results with the triple combo. Very Happy
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is probably the best MSM you can get...

http://www.rawfood.com/cgi-bin/order/index.cgi?id=330383819757-737714628363-1217&d=single&item_id=0500&c=Supplements&sc=MSM&tc=

They have lots of other MSM products as well. They also have a smaller travel size of this is you just want to try it out.
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
They also have a smaller travel size of this is you just want to try it out.

I love that! Wish every co. did this.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to check it out. Very Happy
Flicker

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I've tried lots of different types of MSM and creams and have just come across a new brand called OSKIA that is based all on MSM. It's a really luxurious brand, so actually a joy to use as well as the results. Its made by the daughter of one of the first inventors of MSM, so must be very good!!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried taking a low dose of the supplement and got such raging headache that I got scared and never tried it again! I've thought of trying a very, very small dosage but never got around to it.

Rather than waste it, I took to mixing the powder with liquid and spritzing this on my face. It really does give my skin an undeniable glow. Love it!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I use the glaze on my lip. The color glaze. This is Baby Pink under sunlight. It looks more coral. Under incandescent light, it veers toward pink.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |