Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Weight Loss Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Anyone try a weight loss product that works well on them? If so, pls share, thanks! Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
It's not a product but weight watchers worked for me. Lost a HUGE amount on it, but I also did an hour of cardio per day, and weight lifting every second day. Sundays no gym.

Unfortunately I am back on it because the last 4 years of going out and eating with my ex-boyfriend made me gain a bunch back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm on Nutrisystem and I have lost 5 pounds in a month. I have fallen of the wagon a few times. The food is good and easy!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually looking for something that makes u lose the inches, for example, around ur waist area. It seems that whenever I gain weight, it's around my waist > <
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been on a low glycemic index diet for 2.5 years and it has made me slim. I don't think pills are a good approach.

Stardustdy: I found that when done regularly Pilates does slim the waist. People tell me that exercises can not target fat but when I exercised 4 times a week with a 20min tape my waist went down 1.5inches in 6 weeks (weight stayed the same). I haven't been good to truely keep it up but I know that it works.
Caspers Mum

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Eat less, move more. Simple.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky,

Which Pilates tape do you like? I was thinking that I might like to try Pilates at home some days but am completely in the dark as far as which tape or DVD to buy. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I have many tapes the one I like best is the AM part (25 min.) of the Gaiam AM and PM pilates mat workout. I like Jillian Hessel. I am thinking of buying one of her new tapes (she now has her own WEB site). I actually bought my initial tapes at a garage sale.

P.S. I also think it is really what you eat not just eat less. Why?
Because some things trigger the desire to eat (sugar, white four etc.), some things are plain bad for you (transfats that are in nearly all packaged goods and prepared meats (bologna)) versus other things that are either good for you (berries which have low sugar, high fiber and antioxidants) or supress your desire to eat (protein). Better yet these good foods are largely responsible for me having no wrinkles (even no lines at the corners of my eyes) at 51 now!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! I heard stress can trigger a certain hormone that caused fat accumulation around the waist area too. I guess I'm too stressed lately and I eat whenever I'm stressed and unhappy, so that's probably why now I have excess fat around my waist Crying or Very sad
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Eat less, move more. Simple.

dang...so simple, yet so hard to do.. Brick wall

(...as she sits on the couch, eating a chocolate Hostess cupcake) Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think those pills or gimicks work. It's just a placebo to make you think it's going to work, but you also follow their diet and exercise plan provided, and I believe that's why people lose the inches..not from the pills.

If you decide to take pills be sure that it doesn't contan hoodia. Remember all the bad news about ephedra? Same goes for hoodia...some people think it might even be worse than ephedra.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I have many tapes the one I like best is the AM part (25 min.) of the Gaiam AM and PM pilates mat workout. I like Jillian Hessel. I am thinking of buying one of her new tapes (she now has her own WEB site). I actually bought my initial tapes at a garage sale.

Thanks Sharky for the information.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I bought the michael thurman body makeover. His exercise methods are good, but I'm just not much of a food preparer. It worked, but only for the 30 days...it may have worked longer, but I lost interest. Laughing I still lost weight by adding his exercise routine to mine, but it took longer. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently taking Truestar Supplements (www.truestarhealth.com) I'm taking the True Lean II, Abs and Carb blocker. I've been working out with my Tony Little Gazelle in the morning. I've lost around 12 pounds so far (about two months into it)
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think weight loss products are good for you. Weight loss program on the other hand is worth looking into. never really tried any weight loos program, but I did try a few weight loss products. I tried hollywood diet. It was horrible... you are not supposed to eat anything but drinking the diet drink. Granted... I lost a bit of weight, but I was miserable hungry......
I also tried one of those diet pills(forgot the name) that containcs ephedra (long before the whole ephedra scandal thing). I lost weight too, but my body was always feel weird.... maybe the ephedra was acting up or something. I dont recommend that either.
Giving up on that, I tried pilates DVD and Billy Blanks bootcamp DVD. They are fun.....
you should try it
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I'm on Nutrisystem and I have lost 5 pounds in a month. I have fallen of the wagon a few times. The food is good and easy!

Can you tell us more about Nutrisystem? There's one five mins from me, I think it's the HQ.

Is it pricey? Do you have to prep a lot of food or just microwave it? Do you find yourslef hungry much? What's the premise of NutriSystem: reduced calorie intake, low carbs, etc. or something else?

Thanks!

T
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I don't think those pills or gimicks work. It's just a placebo to make you think it's going to work, but you also follow their diet and exercise plan provided, and I believe that's why people lose the inches..not from the pills.

If you decide to take pills be sure that it doesn't contan hoodia. Remember all the bad news about ephedra? Same goes for hoodia...some people think it might even be worse than ephedra.

I bought some Hoodia tea but now I don't know if I should drink it. What have you heard about Hoodia? I haven't come across this news anywhere.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I read from a website for Hoodia pills that Hoodia makes a person feel full by sending a message to the brain that the body is full. Clincial studies have shown Hoodia to be effective in reducing caloric intake by 40%.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Eat grapefruit and drink green tea .. that's what my mom always say. Very Happy
They are healthy and can help you lose some weight.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
I dont think weight loss products are good for you. Weight loss program on the other hand is worth looking into. never really tried any weight loos program, but I did try a few weight loss products. I tried hollywood diet. It was horrible... you are not supposed to eat anything but drinking the diet drink. Granted... I lost a bit of weight, but I was miserable hungry......
I also tried one of those diet pills(forgot the name) that containcs ephedra (long before the whole ephedra scandal thing). I lost weight too, but my body was always feel weird.... maybe the ephedra was acting up or something. I dont recommend that either.
Giving up on that, I tried pilates DVD and Billy Blanks bootcamp DVD. They are fun.....
you should try it

...but my body was always feeling weird...

I had the same problem with Hydroxycut! I thought maybe it was just me. It's hard to explain but I just felt jittery, almost tingly and not quite right. I was really wired and moved at top speed at times, which is odd for me. It would give me bursts of energy, which was great for karate. But then I couldn't sleep well. While I took the pills, I didn't need much sleep actually. After a week or so of little sleep though, I'd crash. And I'm still getting over the effects of the pills a few weeks later.

The thing is a I lost weight for about a week and then it stopped working.

Odd.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
well although im not overweight .. but i do excersice and do cardio.. I try to limit from eating fatty foods... But I also take these natural vitamins.. (www.ouramazingvitamins.com) Now I don't take all 3 capsules 3x a day all the time because sometimes i dont feel hungry.. And boy i love to eat so i dont like that...lol but you should try its good for the body.. It doesnt particulary target weight loss.. It also helps on other things.. like skin, hair, acne, bones... etc..

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I resurrected this thread b/c I just got my Nutrisystem stuff in the mail today and I am so excited! I already went through 1 of 2 boxes and there is some good stuff in there. It's "low-glycemic index" food. I do want to lose a few pounds but to be honest I just ordered it b/c it was a really good deal on QVC and my best friend is doing it too. We are both single and are always eating on the run so we thought these would be perfect. No refridgeration is required (o.k., a little scary but they encourage you to get plenty of fruit, veggies & dairy in your diet also). Everything is labeled - breakfast, lunch, snack, etc. I don't plan on following it religiously, just to have some low-cal options around the house when I've slacked on shopping or need stuff to take to work. Cheers!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I want to do nutrisystem or seattle sutton but how much is it? I don't want something to really pinch my budget. I need to eat better and who has the time to sit there and slave over the stove Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm now trying the Insulin Resistance Diet. Managing the types of carbs I eat ALWAYS works for me. I also love these Hoodia lollipops. They taste really great, reduce appetite and I get them from a stay-at-home mom. Did I mention they taste great? I eat them like regular candy.

The didn't work:
NutriSystem - just got bored planning my meals and only eating out of boxes.
Desert Burn and Hoodia Products Brand Hoodia pills. Didn't decrease appetite at all!
TrimSpa - ditto above
Tae Bo - I don't think I even watched the tape.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started having a breakfast smoothie, made with protein powder, bluberries, rice dream, greenfood powder, hemp seed oil, and some goats mik strawberry and vanilla yoghurt.

(I just ordered some raw cacao nibs to add to it too, as they are supoposed to be full of minerals and mood enhancers.)

The smoothie seems - so far - to cut down on my snacking urges throughout the day.

I dont know if it stabilises blood sugar levels, or meets other nutritional needs that werent being met before, but I feel different in my overall eating habits, from having changed my breakfast alone.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |