Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Rave for Maybelline Pure Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am mostly a snob when it comes to drugstore foundations, but I have to put in a rave for Maybelline Pure Makeup for my combo skin. It comes in a pretty little powder blue tube and sells for around $5 USD for 1 oz at Walmart.

The tube states it has 50% water in it and is oil free. It has sheer coverage but can be layered for heavier applications. It has the consistency of a gel and it just sinks into your skin. It seems to just disappear into my complexion and has just enough to cover capillaries and blotchiness and feels like you have nothing on during the day. There is also a good shade selection so it's easy to find the perfect shade. I also like the fact that it doesn't contain an spf so I can use it with my better sunscreens.

I don't believe this would work as well for drier skins. I can see this being my ultimate warmer weather foundation. I told some ladies at the beauty shop about it and they love it as well! At $5 a shot it wouldn't hurt for everyone to try it.

-Cheri
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
i liked this as well...great drugstore find!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
cool...I was debating whether to get this or not and since there're good reviews about it, I might as well just give it a try. Does it cause breakouts? I know it says it's good for combo and acne prone skin, but sometimes u never know.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about 3 weeks and so far no clogged pores or breakouts. I've listed the ingredients below in case you want to take a look.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Kaolin, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium C8-16 Isoalkylsuccinyl Wheat Protein Sulfon, Dimethiconol, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Matricaria Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891
May ContainIron Oxides CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491, Mica, Blue 1 CI 42090
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very breakout prone and it has not caused any new breakouts.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information!
I'm looking for a new foundation, and after your review I will give Maybelline Pure Makeup a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
If you decide to try it please post your opinion. My sis in law and her sister bought it Sunday and both of them love it even though they have drier skins. Kudos to Maybelline for not jumping on the drugstore bandwagon and asking near department store prices for their products. It's a real steal for $5.
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for posting! I'm looking forward to trying this. The Maybelline website had an offer for a free coupon and free samples of all the colors. I am not sure if it is still available, though.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip on that. I just signed up for my free sample of Pure makeup. For anyone else who is interested (it also comes with a $2.00 coupon) the link is here http://puresampling.maybelline.com/
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
The link for the free sample and coupon is restricted to US residents only cuz I can't choose the province. Sad oh well.....
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've wanted to try this foundation but am sensitive to silica, although it's pretty low on the ingredients list. Another thing, I have a hard time with Maybelline foundation shades, I'm light olive and all their shades seem too peachy or pink for me. Classic Ivory - 02 and Nude - 04 are the closest matches for me, mixed about half and half. for you ladies who like this foundation, how are the shades? At all neutral? I should just break down and buy a tube....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have Classic Ivory and, while it looks alarmingly peachy/orangey when it comes out of the tube, it blends perfectly into my light, neutral/yellow-toned complexion. There were testers at my DG, so maybe you can check out the colors yourself. They look really dark and overly pink or orange, but blend into very neutral colors (for the most part).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Their lightest shade is barely light enough for me, but considering summer is coming and I'll probably get a bit of a (fake) tan I went ahead and bought it. Love the feel of it, like how easily it blends on but...

It seems to bead up on my face after a while, and my skin isn't oily or anything like that. Not sure if I'm getting too close to the mirror or what but I'm afraid that it looks terribly like I'm wearing makeup. :( Which isn't the look I go for.

Anyone else have this problem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
I have Classic Ivory and, while it looks alarmingly peachy/orangey when it comes out of the tube, it blends perfectly into my light, neutral/yellow-toned complexion. There were testers at my DG, so maybe you can check out the colors yourself. They look really dark and overly pink or orange, but blend into very neutral colors (for the most part).

Thank you, Nijey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, same here, I love my high-end foundations. I heard raves about this and picked it up though, totally love it! (my Maybelline sitting between my byTerry and Cle de peau foundations, lol!).
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
Their lightest shade is barely light enough for me, but considering summer is coming and I'll probably get a bit of a (fake) tan I went ahead and bought it. Love the feel of it, like how easily it blends on but...

It seems to bead up on my face after a while, and my skin isn't oily or anything like that. Not sure if I'm getting too close to the mirror or what but I'm afraid that it looks terribly like I'm wearing makeup. Sad Which isn't the look I go for.

I haven't had that problem. For me, it does not look like I have makeup on at all. Are you applying just one layer or more?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Gina wrote:
Hi, same here, I love my high-end foundations. I heard raves about this and picked it up though, totally love it! (my Maybelline sitting between my byTerry and Cle de peau foundations, lol!).

It's the same with me Gina. I have an entire drawer full of high-end foundations so I was happy to find this little low cost beauty. Some days I still use some of the others depending on the look I want, but I find myself reaching for my Pure Makeup more often.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I picked this up yesterday in Classic Ivory - 2 second lightest shade. It is a tad orange and bit darker than I need but a more neutral powder over top helps. I really agree, the finish is amazingly natural. It felt so fabulous going on too, soothing. Also, the coverage is better than I thought it would be (based on the MUA reviews).

Thank you Cheri for the initial review. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
Harmonster wrote:

It seems to bead up on my face after a while, and my skin isn't oily or anything like that. Not sure if I'm getting too close to the mirror or what but I'm afraid that it looks terribly like I'm wearing makeup. :( Which isn't the look I go for.

I haven't had that problem. For me, it does not look like I have makeup on at all. Are you applying just one layer or more?

I only ever do one layer. I think it could have been a problem with my moisturizer that day... I remember being in a rush and I might not have let it absorb before applying the foundation. I'll try it again and tell you how it goes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to the free sample! Ordered one to try.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I heard the colors changed on u once the foundation is on ur face for awhile. Is that true? And how's the coverage? Does it cover blotchiness and pimple marks? Thanks! Smile
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I heard the colors changed on u once the foundation is on ur face for awhile. Is that true? And how's the coverage? Does it cover blotchiness and pimple marks? Thanks!

It doesn't oxidize or turn colors on me at all, though I have never really had a problem with that, ever. The coverage is rather sheer--it'll even out skin tone and perhaps cover up faint blemishes, but don't count on it to do the work of a concealer (I use a separate one)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I take back what I said! I've been wearing it lately. It looks nice, very natural. Really goes on smoothly and you don't need very much to get a good light coverage. It's a good buy, a total steal at the price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to like this foundation, but I don't. I have oily skin and thought it would be great because it's 50% water. I look and feel greasy wearing it, plus it seems to aggravate breakouts and I notice new pimples when I wear it. Perhaps I should stick to the mineral foundations... However I onced used Maybelline's Stay The Day Foundation and I loved it! Maybe I will use it again.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |