Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My reveiw of lipfusion vs city lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased both lipfusion and city lips.

Lipfusion was great at reducing the appearance of lip lines which at 38 is a problem. Not sure if it puffed them our or was it the texture of the gloss that hid them. Maybe even the very slight white'ish color that hid them:? It did slightly plump the outer borders of my lips. Has a nice gloss, not to glossy, not too sticky or thick either. Even when the gloss wears off, my lips still look smooth for a while.

I read the recent good reviews of cit lips so decided to try that too. The first few applications, I felt that 'tingling' effect, it did turn the borders of my lips rosy, which is nice, sort of like wearing lip liner. A very slight plump on the borders as well, same as lipfusion but not enough in the lip area to reduce the appearance of lip lines. City lips was not as glossy as lipfusion and when it wears off within the hour, everything wears off. My lips are left feeling slightly drier. Also the wand with brush is horrible!! After 2 days the individual hairs on the brush began to spread out, it's impossilbe for the brush to go back in the bottle with all the hairs 'together.'

Regardless of what I use, even before using lip plumpers, my lips were still full in the morning. It's always been like that, I think we all wake up with our face swollen, at least I do.

I'm returning the city lips and will keep the lipfusion but I don't know if I'll re-purchase.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
It says on the box that it can take a 30 days to see the full effects. It is not an "instant" plumper like lipfusion but it DOES work if you give it time. Took me 2 weeks to start really seeing a dif BUT now even when I do not have any gloss on (and I prefer the glossy of CL over the "goopy" feeling of LF)my lips look plump. I just love it. I was aware before I even tried it that it would take time. The ending result is better in my opinion than the LF.

I agree about the brush. That's why I would give it 4 stars instead of 5. However, if you take a tiny pair of scissors and cut the frayed bristles, the brush works fine.
atalbest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree about the brush. Mine is working fine. The only minus for me is that there is some gloss concentrated right on the top of the tube which cannot be reached with the brush. I havent figured a way to reach it yet. I guess I will come up with a solution when the rest is over.
The only slight complaint I have is thet City Lips is completely scent free. I would like it to have some kind of smell.
As far as plumping is concerned Lipfusion didnt give any plumping except the illusion of glossy lips that seem bigger than dry ones. Plus it is a pain in the as* removing it... I mean it is so thick and sticky that when you try to remove it with a tissue the tissue leaves small white pieced that stick on your lips...
Now City Lips doesnt do any stinging on my lips, however it does make my lips rosier and the bad thing is that if I am not extremely careful in not leting it go out of my lips, it turns the skin outside my lips red too, and I look like a clown for like 10-15 minutes...
Now I have been using City Lips for 10 days, 3-4 times a day and I see a slight difference in the size of my lips even if I dont wear any gloss.
So what I like about Lipfusion is the smell and sometimes the numbing sensation is cool. Hoever I think it doesnt work. And City Lips is not as sticky but I would like it with a smell.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well those bristles that stick out actually come in handy to get at that product stuck at the top. I just pulled the brush to the top and kind of swirled it and it could get more on the brush to use. Not all of it, but at least some of it.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried holding the tube under hot running water? This has worked for me in the past Very Happy

Anya
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
When it gets low, if you pull the stopper out of the top, you will be able to reach more of the gloss at the top and the bottom of the tube.

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lipfusion XL goes on soooooo much better than the first one.

I used City Lips for two months and all it die was dry out my lips.
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
The gloss from city lips definately wears out faster then that of lipfusion. I tried XL at Sephora but I didn't notice anything different from the regular version.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
The first LF has a white film to it and is thicker. The new one goes on soooo smooth and is clear. It gives your lips a nice pink glow.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
The colored CL stays on longer and better than the clear. the clear is meant more for "treatment" at night. Put it on and go to sleep. the colored ones also have a sponge brush so that is better for application as well.
Minx
5% products discount

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think it must be based on your body chemistry, but City Lips works really well for me and Lip Fusion does nothing. In fact, LF makes my lips dry up and look smaller with creases!
So, I've been using City Lips for over a year. Layer over it Urban Decay Big Fatty and you will get some real plump!
Only complaint is that some of the product in the tube isn't reachable when it gets low ... I'll try the hot water trick -- Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |