Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical Active & Firming
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just recd. my sample of firming complex to use over the Active at night. I use Skinmedice TNS Recovery followed by the proheal in the morning and then followed by hydracool. I've been using the hydracool after the active at night as well. Do I use the firming after the active and hydracool or before the hydracool or do I still need the hydracool at night with the firming and active? Also is there a purge period with adding the firming to the active routine? Thanks so much for the help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Annie...

I use the Firming Compound after applying Active Serum at night. I think you'll find that you won't need to add the HydraCool into the mix.

One quick note though about your morning routine. I used TNS Recovery before I started using IS Clinical products so I'm pretty familiar with it. I'm not 100% certain of this, but I'm thinking that you might want to apply it AFTER the Proheal, not before. It's pretty thick stuff as I recall. You might want to consult the folks at Skinterra or someplace about this. I'd be interested to hear what they think.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
That's a good idea. I will probably eliminate the TNS as it runs out and just stick to the IS routine as it sounds like the firming complex kind of does the same thing doesn't it? I'll see what I can find out on the layering.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, You have your answer but I'm just chiming in to say that I do the same thing and it works very well: Active, then Firming. Nothing else unless the climate is really dry (like excess, dry winter heat)and then I add a tad of Moisture Complex.

Good luck!
Lexy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Got my email reply to the TNS question and you are correct, TNS should be applied OVER the Proheal. Thanks for pointing that out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhhh I THOUGHT so!!! Both great products - I'll bet you see even more magnificent results now.... Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I can already. What a waste of time and product.
I love adding the Firming at night but I think I am going to have add it SLOWLY because it made me break out in little bumps the first night. I will try rotating it in every third night or so. I think I will like it and hopefully it will take the place of the TNS when I run out. I'd would like to be IS all the way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I'm an IS all-the-way girl now and it's kind of sad. My skin looks fab, it's easy to use, very little time (no masks etc.). It's like I found the Holy Grail for me. Now this is GREAT news but a piece of me is sad that the quest is over. How sick is that?!? Laughing

I'm sure SOMETHING will come up someday that has me trying a new product......but it may be a very long time.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Lexy,

I have the perfect thing to alleviate any product boredom...try the sunscreen (not the powder one-I think the lemming for this one has all but been killed)and report back. Always willing to help a friend Wink

BTW, I am now hooked on the cleanser. Thanks Rolling Eyes
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you like the cleanser! I do too! It's not a miracle product but it's "what a cleanser should be" in my opinion.

Thanks for being such a good friend. Wink So should I try the tinted sunscreen or the translucent one? Something that comes in 2 colors doesn't sound like a match to me.

Lexy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Well now it sounds like I have to try the cleanser, and am using cetaphil now. Is it for sensitive skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Laughing.....

Marina's REAL name is Mephistopholes Wink
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I think the cleanser is perfect for anyone slightly out of the "normal" range but not super sensitive or super oily/acneic. I'd hesitate to recommend to those folks.

The cleanser truly doesn't leave you feeling dry, tight, or like something is on your skin moisturizing it. To me, it feels like what "clean" should feel like. It's gentle enough to take off eye makeup and not dry the area or irritate your eyes. It's advertised to have an exfoliating effect and I think it does but in a very gentle way.

It is VERY watery so be careful squeezing the bottle, just need a tad. It has a slippery feel to it so it glides over your skin.

I was hesitant to purchase an expensive cleanser but a bottle will last for at LEAST 6-8 months. And it potentiates the effectiveness of the other IS products. Their products all work very well with each other.

And Katee - look who's talking! Wink

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Lexy,

I'm talking about the reg. sunscreen-I don't think it's called transluscent-there is a tinted one but I would be leary until someone's tried it. It says it blends with all skintones...but just to be sure Id try the reg. one. The transluscent you mention is for the powder sunscreen. Based on recent reviews, I'm not going to order it...at least not until Katee's tried it & figured out the packaging!!

Annie,
I don't know if it's for sensitive skin, the exfoliation however is mild-look it removes eye makeup without burning-but enough to leave your skin very smooth-I also find that anything i put on after works better-penetrates better. I'll tell you this much-your skin will feel cleaner with IS than with Cetaphil. I always had a filmy feel when I used this (ages ago). That being said, the IS may be drying-it isn't for me but I could see it feel that way on a dry skin type. You should also be prepared for the watery texture. Personally, I love the stuff-it's not glam, perfumy ( like I'm used to ) but my skin seems happier with it.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Laughing.....

Marina's REAL name is Mephistopholes Wink

I have no shame Cool
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |