Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What is your favourite Vit. C serum or treament??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
melodie012

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking to add Vit. C to my skin routine. Need some suggestions.... ^_^
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like the PSF Vit C serum...although I have all the ingredients to make my own when this runs out!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the DIY vit C based on carekate's recipe. It is potent and cheap Very Happy
Also, I put a thin coat of the DIY vit C on an apple on sunday at 11:30 pm, and until now, it hasnt oxidized yet. Amazing....
Now everytime I put on the vit C I keep thinking hm... skin will not oxidize.....
Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is the Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum. Other favs here include the Vivier, Skinceuticals, PSF, and Janson-Beckett.

What to look for in a good one:
L-Ascorbic acid (not C-ester or MAP)
At least 5% but better to be 10-15%
In a dark bottle to protect contents from light
No water in solution to prevent oxidation
Airless pump bottle if possible

I've been using the C+ for maybe a year and a half or so. Love it. In general, as long as you follow the "rules" above, you'll end up with a good product. Get ready for glowy, even-toned, nicely textured skin!
Mabsy

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
still Vivier 20% for me Smile , though I'm rather impressed with the IS Clinical Pro Heal serum (it's still early days though).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I alternate with Prevage and SkinMedica Vit C complex.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I use Vivier 20% and for the eyes 5%. I would really love to try Skinceuticals CE Furlic.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Vivier 10% and I love it!~
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto to both Vivier 10% and Skinceuticals (both CE and CE Ferulic). Can't pick a fav among these, so I alternate.
linda carter
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
my favourite is henry tianus antioxidant youthful essence with 20% vit C, vit E and hylarunic acid.

my second fav is skinceuticals serum 20.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm enjoying a sample of IS Clinical Pro-Heal. In the past I have used Skinceuticals 20% and Super Serum, both of which turned an orangish color Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to get the Vivier, is there a trick to this? Smile When I click on it, it says to go to the spa. Can this be purchased over the internet?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I would like to get the Vivier, is there a trick to this? Smile When I click on it, it says to go to the spa. Can this be purchased over the internet?

Yes, first you have to log in & go to the vivier page again.Prices will show.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, it worked.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Vivier 20%, before that I used the Obagi 10%.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer the DIY version that Carekate posted in the DIY thread. Very Happy

It's easy to make ... works better than any commercial brand I ever used ... and it costs just pennies a serum!

Just my two cents ...

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using PSF 20% and really like it--even better than Skinceutical C&E Ferulic. It sinks in better and doesn't leave my face feeling sticky like the SC did. When I finish the bottle, though, I may give the DIY version a try...sounds good Smile
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with everything Mary {hpjrt} said... The DIY version from CareKate is the best, IMO...
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I just started using the Skinceuticals Serum 15 and am really liking it. It absorbs so quickly.

Another favorite is CellularskinRx C+ Firming. That has 12% L-absorbic acid, where the Skinceuticals Serum 15 has 15%.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the ingredients in Vivier? I am at a toss up between PSF and Vivier, but would like to check ingredients in the Vivier before I make my final decision!
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Vivier 10 Serum ingredients from my package:

Ethoxydiglycol Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, L-Ascorbic Acid USP (vitamin C), Grapefruit Extract, Fragrance.

Hope this helps.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you pumaka!
jehjahlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have used cellex-C skinceuticals and Heavenly Skin, and like them all, I think the heavenly skin c serum is more gentle, skinceuticals absorbs the quickest, and cellex-c was the most hydrating and strongest. Smile
ilusa26
5% products discount

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
m looking for ingredients and method for diy c serum. thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
betterat40,

Can you elaborate and list the ingredients in the products you are reccommemding? LAA is water soluable and you are saying to use a water free serum yet reccommend LAA?

TIA
DM

betterat40 wrote:
My favorite is the Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum. Other favs here include the Vivier, Skinceuticals, PSF, and Janson-Beckett.

What to look for in a good one:
L-Ascorbic acid (not C-ester or MAP)
At least 5% but better to be 10-15%
In a dark bottle to protect contents from light
No water in solution to prevent oxidation
Airless pump bottle if possible

I've been using the C+ for maybe a year and a half or so. Love it. In general, as long as you follow the "rules" above, you'll end up with a good product. Get ready for glowy, even-toned, nicely textured skin!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |