Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Move over La Mer!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Folks,

I have used La Mer and it's great, no doubt, still have some but the other day i went to the doctor for a cold Rx and over the counter at the pharmacy i saw this little tube red called Elta -- the melting moisturizer.
It was a little over 4 US dollars (probably more expensive in other places) and it's just unbelievable for dry skin. It holds moisture for 12 hours! Designed for burned patients and you need so very little because it's concentrated. I think it's the greatest thing ever...I washed my face and then put a tiny bit and it felt smooth like velvet.
Trish
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
wow, what's it smell like? does it sink in?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know about the product but found their web site...boy, doncha love the internet?

http://www.buyelta.com/index.htm?srcov=elta

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used that on my body, but couldn't imagine using it on my face...it's full of mineral oil

Ingredients:

Petrolatum, Paraffin, Mineral Oil, PVP Eicosene and Copolymer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
So is Creme de la Mer though unfortunately! ( full of mineral oil etc that is) I have La Mer at home and like it but haven't found it to be anything amazing for me. You feel somehow virtuous using it... decadent.. so expensive though Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
you think eltas good you should of used the original product called eutra, which somehow the dallas company pissed them off and changed the formula and wala now its a bit diff and called elta here (and no one can distribute the eutra here). If you can find the eutra, which is still made (I think swiss) you should def try, anyhow, I solely used eutra for everything for about ten years till they changed the formula and the name. In my humble opinion the difference between the two is huge.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Could not resist searching for this. It is made by Interlac GmbH, but I cannot find somewhere that sells it online. Might get hubby to scour some German drugstores for me!
http://www.interlac.de/e/index.htm
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I've done same searches but could not for life of me find how to get my hands on it. Wish I could, its wonderful. Let me know if you manage to get it, so I can be very jealous.
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again,
i just saw the replies. I had no idea that there is another kind that came from Germany?
I'm actually going there in two weeks--I may look it up.
As far as smell, it smells like absolutely nothing (La Mer does have a nice smell)and what i find amazing is that you need so very little.
Another thing i found out recently and bought it--Argan Oil (from Morocco) I've read that it is used as an anti wrinkle product and the tree nuts are only found in one part of the world. I have not used it yet but definitely is something i would at night not during the day.
Trish
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Trish, it is actually a Swiss product, but as my husband is traveling to Germany in June for World Cup I figured I would have him scour around for this! If you find it, be sure to let me know what store it was so I can direct him to one in his area!
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger,

I'm going to Germany in two weeks.
I will definitely let you know which store.
Trish

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Trish,
its not another kind it is the real deal. Elta sold it for years (using real name eutra) then they had something go wrong with the manufacturers of eutra and were allowed to license under their new name (elta) and to market a product thats been messed with (changed up from original eutra) and were no longer allowed to sell the real eutra...so if you can get ur hands on the real stuff u'll see the difference. Now neither of these has the miracle broth of la mer, but the eutra is wonderful as an all over cream even on ur face. I am just extremely jealous ur going to be able to buy it...grins...I hope i've made this make sense.
Melissa
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Melissa... if he is able to find it, I will ask him to get an extra one!
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Trish!
Sorry to hijack... I bet you have just gotten Liz Earle's Superbalm concentrate huh? I recognise the Argan oil story.... have you heard the one about the goats climbing the trees to get the nuts? lol.... Anyway... it is a really lovely product... you will enjoy it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger,
OMG I'd be in heaven!!!!!!! Also let your hubby know, if he does find it, to def buy you the biggest one he can (they make huge tubs, one use to last me a yr as my total body cream) because you will def want it.

Melissa
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Check out this German web site -www.pharma-shopping.de then do a search for Eutra in the "Quick Find" field located at the top of the page (on the left). At least 2 products come up that sound like the skin care creme mentioned above (if Melissa could confirm this is the product she used, that would be great!).

They do ship Internationally...but the cost is steep. Especially when you compare it to the price of a tub of creme (approx $6.55 USD for 250 ml). HTH's for those who'd like to purchase Eutra online.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Ok after searching and emailing and emailing, I found eutra, from the company that makes it, they have now created an online shop!!!!! I have been emailing an Axel Seilberger back and forth for a week now (he couldnt be nicer in explaining the sizes ect..) Their shipping to Texas is not bad $17.00 for 5 or $25 for up to 20 of the 7.5 oz. You want the eutra cosmectic creme. Also he told me at the $25.00 shipping cost it should be here in 5 days!!!!! They just started the online shop on I think March 1st. Anyway if your interested you can go towww.Eutra-Shop.com there is a contact company spot, and you could email Axel Seilberger for information if you can't understand it. ( you won't find his name listed but you can just send an email and when you start it just say dear Axel Seilberger).

Ok I also saw the pharmacy site and their shipping is extremely steep (specially when the real site is so much cheaper), I could not recommend the shop-eutra site enough. Also your buying from the real company not a retailer. For those who have not used this product, a little bit goes along way, you will think its very greasy but after 5 min or less it does completely absorb.

Hope that helps

Melissa

P.S. I've always used this as a body cream, but my mother-in-law, used this as her all over including face cream and had the most beautiful skin well into her 80's, now alot of that is genetics but people asked her all the time what she used.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Ok one more thing, sry had to go back to site and check..the product I use is the Eutra Pflege Melkfelt cosmetic. I asked about the larger size products and those are not recommended for skin. They do make one with an spf I think and others but just as long as its the cosmetic I think your fine.

Also I think I stated this couldnt be distributed here (that was the impression elta reps gave us way back when), I was wrong, it looks to me that the man who distributed eutra took their formula and tweeked it and wala elta was born and no more distributing eutra. Anyway the elta is nowhere near as good as the eutra(in my humble opinion).
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you that are clueless to what either of these products are, eutra is an extremely pure parafin (think vasaline) its very refined and a lot thinner, its so pure they used it in transplant surgeries. Elta (which iam now convinced copied eutra but changed it up so they could) is the same but does not penetrate as easily as eutra (whatever they added makes it sit on my skin differently) eutra is just more pure. According to their web site at interlac their formula hasnt changed in I think it was 100 years. Now if one wanted to see if they liked the product a cheap way to do it would be to by a small elta at say walgreens, and try that if u like that u'd love the other. I hope that helps.
Melissa

eutra ingredients: petrolatum, mineral oil, parafin

elta ingredients: petrolatum, mineral oil, PVPEicosene and Copolymer
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
MO is theres nothing wrong with mineral oil, or petrolatum in a beauty product. That said, for those who don't want those ingredients take a look at Lipomoist which is just A-1 in my eyes and leaves your skin moist and dewy all day long. Good for hands, face, anywhere on the body. And can be purchased at Dermstore.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Looks great Susie, and yes I wanted to post about the ingredients to this product, since its basicly just a super pure petroleum, incase some are opposed to using that, I for one love this stuff and I didnt even start this post but I do know lots hate using the ingredients and I'd hate for some to go out and waste their money.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the difference between paraffin and mineral oil? Other than the consistency? Is paraffin just like a hydrogenated mineral oil where as Vaseline is like a gel? My skin loves mineral oil and doesn't mind Vaseline but any, thick waxy substance, even if it is made from mineral oil (which is generally non comedogenic) sounds as if it would clog pores just because wax is so occlusive.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I will have to look out for this one as La Mer is my staple. Maybe there is an outlet in the UK?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
The texture of these products (elta and eutra) is like vaseline only less thick (ones scoops out some, warms it up in hands). Neither clogged my pores, although I found with continued use of elta..it stopped really really penetrating, and the eutra never ever did that, I just got my order of eutra and am thrilled!!
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I saw on Entertainment TV (i know, i know...) that J-Lo uses La Mer all over her body, which is estimated to cost about $62,000 a year to moisturize her from head to toe!
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |