Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Idebenol vs Idebenone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference between these two inrgredients? One is in Sovage (Idebenol- does anyone know the % of this in the product) and the other is in Prevage (Idebenone). Are they the same thing?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Nope - not the same, although I'm thoroughly convinced that the Sovage crew wants you to THINK so.

It's a shame really. It might very well be a great product, but these folks are so over the top with their advertising. Remember they said that Strivectin was BETTER THAN BOTOX (it's a good enough product but THAT claim is absurd) and they're also the people behind Hylexin.

They use a different co name for each of their products. The only product I know from personal use is the Strivectin. I didn't like it for my face but it sure has given me one velvety ass!!!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of either of these hmm ....does anyone else know???

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Katee: I know you use Prevage. Do you use the 1% or the .5%? Can you tell the difference b/t these two?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using the Prevage in the a.m. along with my IS Clinical stuff. I've always used the 1% so I really don't have any basis for comparison. I will say this though - at 1% the effects are subtle but most definitely noticeable. I know that much because I saw the difference when I stopped using it for a little while. However, the difference is subtle enough that I would be skeptical about the .5% they've started marketing.....
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
The only information I could find on Idebenol relates to the Sovage product ... which seems grossly overpriced to my mind! Laughing I think that it's probably some sort of "copy cat" of Idebenone, but I'm not sure.

However, there is lots of information about Idebenone ... which is a synthetic version of Co-enzyme Q10 ... but seems to be a little more powerful than the natural form, particularly in the destruction of free radicals.

You can find Idebenone as a supplement in the vitamin section of drug stores [at least I can in my local drug stores] and while it's expensive, you could probably make a very powerful antioxidant serum from the supplement at a fraction of the cost of a commercial product that included it.

Idebenone, like Co-enzyme Q10 is oil soluable.

HTH
Mary

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |