Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is this good business?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I recently cut ties with my stylist. She left the salon she was at to work out of her home. It was good for awhile b/c her prices were better.

however this last time she colored and highlighted my hair and after only one week, I could see root lines. Less than one week later (one shampoo) I had to go to a dif stylist to get a cut. (she didn't have time when I was in for a color and was not available when Ineed it) While the girl was pulling my hair up, I could see the lines.

I called the stylist who colored it and told her this. She said come in and she'll add mroe low lights to fix that. She charged me $60! I'm not assertive enough so I didn't say anything at the time. But emailed her later and told her I thought it was wrong. it was a correction and I should not have been charged. She said that there wre no roots when she saw me a week 1/2 prior at the time of coloring. She said it was my responsibilty to use a color-safe shampoo. I don't see how 1 shampoo could cause that much fading. (although I had shampooed one more time by the time I saw her)

She insisted that I SHOULD pay. I don't see ti that way. she should have doen it at no charge and THEN stressed how important it was to use a color safe shampoo and suggested something. She did not do that at time of first service. I was also 20 minutes late at the first service b/c of traffic and it was her last appt. So she also said seh could have charged a serv fee for that and most salons charge if you cancel an appt. I have never heard of that. Maybe a Dr's office or dentist.

I just don't agree with her practices and feel she will lose more return clientele this way.

Am I right?
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are absolutely correct. Sorry you have run into problems.

I have had many problems with my hair, many. And any time they have made a mistake they took care of it at no cost. Like the last mistake i had with the lady putting a dark color over my whole head of bleached hair... she didnt understand i just wanted my dark roots lightened and foils with dark and light pieces throughout. I still have no idea how she misunderstood me but that salon damaged my hair trying to get it back to normal, they have given me free shampoo and conditoner basically kissed my bum to keep me as a client and that is what has made me go back. This last time she only charged me for my roots and not all the the extra colors she pulled through my hair ( this is 3 months after the mishap).

I think if she would be this rude to you on a business level, you should go elsewhere.

I also have never heard of a charge for cancelation. if you were a repeat offender then maybe. I've cancelled tons of appointment due to life happens and never once was charged by a salon.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely agree. Good practice is to satisfy potentially long-term customers and to foster a client relationship. I know I had a great relationship with my hairdresser for 7 years. I wouldn't go anywhere else and I told all of my friends to go to her to. We are their advertisement alot of times.

Imagine my surprise when I showed up and her salon was GONE!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
You were absolutley right Wendy. Considering that she's working from home, she obviously needs to keep her customers happy and to build clientele. The idea of charging you to correct what was'nt done properly the first time is outrageous and compounded by her remark that she should charge you a service fee for being late!!! She's working from HOME for Pete's sake Bad Grin

Anya
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is why is color my hair at home...too many mishaps by so-called professionals Mad Alot cheaper, too Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I’ve posted this info several times all over the forum, so at the risk of repeating myself, this is what your stylist should have told you in order to maintain your color treated hair:

CareKate wrote:
Note: these tips can be used for anyone with color-processed hair, but for those with dyed red hair, they are "mandatory" to help maintain your look:

Use only cool or cold water to wet/rinse your hair when you're in the shower. This is vitally important! Warm or hot water helps to open up the hair cuticle and make it more phorus, and when the hair cuticle is opened/phorus, your red hair dye is going to leach right out of the hair shaft and straight down the drain. By using cool/cold water, the hair shaft will stay sealed and your color will remain inside the cuticle;

Use only a shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for color-treated hair. These products contain ingredients that are less harsh and so will help to protect the cuticle to prevent the dye from being stripped out of your hair. The best types of products are those that eschew sulfates, but I know that the sudsy lather can be hard for some folks to give up. Personally, I love Pureology and/or Paves products for taking care of my "crowning glory"...;

Add a tablespoon of cider vinegar to your bottle of shampoo. Hair dyes have a high alkaline level so your hair needs the acid in the vinegar to help maintain a normal PH level, which in turn helps ensure that the hair cuticles stay sealed so the color won't leach out. Another benefit of the vinegar is it acts as a (gentle) clarifier to help cut thru product buildup on your hair so you get shinier hair everytime...and in case your worried that your hair will end up smelling like vinegar or the inside of a Fish & Chips Shoppe, I can assure you it won't! Adding the vinegar to your shampoo is 2nd in importance only to using cool/cold water to rinse. Since I've been doing this, I no longer see pink water running down the drain when I rinse my hair (mine is color-treated red with brown, red and gold highlights)!

Use a color enhancing conditioner once or twice a week. Nothing will completely prevent your color processed hair from fading but by using the color enhancing conditioner, you are refreshing your hair color by depositing a temporary color to your hair (effects normally last for 2-3 shampoos) and this will help ensure your color looks as good as the day you walked out of the salon! Although many hair product brands offer color enhancing shampoos or conditioners, I have tried nearly all of them over the years and have found that the ones from Aveda or the Redken "Earth Tones" brand are the most effective. And you can control the intensity of the color deposited by the amount of time you leave the product in your hair, the longer you leave it, the more intense the results will be -- at a minimum, you should leave it in for at least five minutes. Be advised that when you rinse the color enhancing conditioner from your hair (using cool/cold water!!), you WILL see some pink water going down the drain...this is perfectly normal, so don't freak and think the above-mentioned vinegar trick didn't work! You're just seeing the excess pigment that couldn't be absorbed by your hair rinsing out;

Use a color protectant leave-in spray/treatment containing SPF15 or higher, before using any heat appliance to blowdry or style your hair. This is the final step to lock in your color. Most people (including hair stylists!!) don't realize it, but heat appliances (blow drier, straightening iron, curling iron, etc.) and exposure to the sun can also make your color-processed hair fade more quickly!! Therefore, if you're going to be spending a lot of time in the sun (i.e.: at the beach or by the pool), in addition to the SPF color protectant leave-in spray, it's also a good idea to wear a hat or scarf to cover your hair in during exposure to intense sunlight -- besides, have you ever gotten a sunburn on your scalp??? Definitely not fun!

If you follow the above advice, I guarantee you'll find your hair color will help stay looking fab until your next salon appointment to touch up those telltale roots....

BTW, I need to play devil's advocate for a moment and point out that if one cancels an salon appointment a couple hours/minutes before the scheduled time, keep in mind that the stylist is losing money. If her seat isn't filled, she's not getting paid. So while I realize that "life happens," keep in mind how much each of us dislikes someone being being late or not showing up for an engagement because it is disrespectful and shows that the person doesn't believe that your time is as valuable as their's.

I'm not saying that one should never cancel appointments, but just try to look at it from the other's viewpoint as well. Whenever possible, give the 24-hour notice if you need to cancel whether it's a doctor's appointment, a haircut appointment or a lunch date with a pal! It's just common courtesy....

*CareKate ducks as the slings and arrows begin to fly....*

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Carrie. Glad to see you still giving thoughtful advice. I'm gonna email you soon. Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |