Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lines above the lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tamgirl99, I'll check it out.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Riley:
No one could of been more disappointed than me, I even had an appointment with one to do the restylane, the other dr's I was at for different reasons but asked anyway. This thing looks alot like thermage, do you know the difference?
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I had Restylane injected into the lines around my mouth and also along the lip line. After the swelling went down my lips looked great, really nice shape to them and the lines were almost gone. Two weeks later the lines were back, not sure now if they were ever really away as I went on vacation and didnt spend much time peering at myself in the mirror - also the mirrors in Hotels have bad lighting so maybe I just couldnt see them.. Anyway I think if you want a nicer shape to your lips or them to be a bit bigger then go for Restylane but for filling in lines a total waste of money. It was also suggested I put a bit botox in them but I declined that offer! Didnt really fancy the thought of drooling down my chin Bad Grin I am going to look into Dermabrasion next as it has been suggested this is the best way to go for me....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
dermabrasion, does that require a lot of down time? Well, this is just bad news about Restylane. I am going for a consult, so will see what they suggest. Maybe unless you do something drastic, it is just a lost cause and all one can hope for is to make them less noticeable? Thanks for the heads up on Restylane everyone!
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Check out makemeheal.com forum for loads of info on Restylane, dermabrasion etc... Really helpful.....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Will do!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I had the resty injections on the 2 lines (marionette lines) from the mouth corner and it did help take off years. I also started using TNS Recovery Complex on the lines (my doc recommended it) and my IS Clinical line for minor retinol and they have all but disappeared (very faint if I am obsessing on them). Once you retrain the muscle then you work on the line softening. For your question, I called the office and they said it can be common to do resty and botox on the vertical lip lines, it's just according to your derm/med spa in your area. My Doc had also recommeded that I have a tad bit of botox on the lower mouth muscles (I do not drool that I know of) to relax the muscle there. That works so well and I only do that once a year. How long the resty lasts is according to how well your body absorbs or rejects it as it is naturally absorbed back into the body after a period of time. I know how they must bother you, I am always so much more aware of lines on myself that most people don't notice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR. Ok, here is my stupid question of the morning (as I am sure I will have more as the day goes on). What are marionette lines? Embarassed
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie....lucky you, when I'd call my dr's they'd say oh yes we do retalayne and botox on vertical lip lines but once there they'd say well we do this to disguise that...yikes... Brick wall Maybe a drive to Austin to visit my neice is in order Laughing

oh and not to answer the question to Annie, but marionette lines are the lines from side of nose to mouth (smile lines) and yes there vertical and yes they do inject right into those.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use Aesthetica Med Spa and have used APSI Skincare clinic. Both are good. Dr. Sneed at the med spa is a platinum injector which means he does huge amounts and has the experience. Thanks for answ. the question cause it took me way too long to get back here (sometimes I lose days)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks MelissaMarie. I don't think I have the marionette lines (thankfully, as I seem to have way to many to begin with!) Well hearing AnnieR gives me a little hope. We will see what they say when I get there!
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I want to try copper peptides but not sure what I am looking for, can anyone advise where I can buy these in the UK? Someone suggested using them to help lines around the mouth.... Thanks
Plroweny
5% products discount

Tue May 02, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Retin A and Revive Lip and Perioral Renewal Cream. My lines are GONE. 20 year smoker and sun bunny.

How long before you saw results with Revive? I keep waiting to see something change.

Pat
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Melissa and Candy
Are you still loving the EL Lip Line concentrate and do you have more info on the face serum? Thanks!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Chee wrote:
Melissa and Candy
Are you still loving the EL Lip Line concentrate and do you have more info on the face serum? Thanks!

I know this wasn't addressed to me but unfortunately this product was not the miracle I had hoped for. I do believe it helps, but you really have to apply it twice a day and with the amount that's in there it would get a bit expensive. Besides I think it just masks the problem more than "correcting" it, but perhaps if I had used it for more than a month straight I would have found more permanent results. It also didn't do anything for the tiny lines that actually extend from my lip to just above the line which is a pain because these are the most obvious due to lipgloss bleeding. Oh well, one day I'll be able to afford the Portrait Plasma treatment and hope that will help me.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Tam,
sorry to report I've gotten lazy with this product and tend to use it hit and miss, after a month or so of daily use, I think its more of a masking type product then permanent, hince my hit and miss use now, now that being said I do think it is one of the best masking products I've EVER used, the lines disappear when i do whip it out and apply it. I do have a sample of the serum but actually forgot about it, I just pulled it out and will try it, I ended up thinking it would be temporary like the lip. Also with the lip product when one uses it 2x's a day you think its permanent, its only when u stop doing that, that u see its really temporary, in my opinion. But i will def keep using till I find something thats permanent...sorry so long winded.
Melissa
Chee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! An answer to my query so quickly! Thank you! Smile I just love this forum.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
sry I addressed it to tam....forgive me chee...and I just logged in to check something and saw the question!!! Glad I can help anyone on here, since I get so much help from all!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you guys the EL is not a miracle product and it masks the lines only. That said, I got Restylane injections in my vertical lip lines and while they are still slightly visible, the EL helps make them disappear for the entire time I am wearing it! I think there are less expensive products that would do the same thing!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, what is "EL?"
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
EL = Estee Lauder!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 02, 2006 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Chee wrote:
Melissa and Candy

I know I am. On my 2nd tube!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Candy I agree I would not be without this and I am still on my first tube, although seems like a little amount of product mines lasting forever, as far as cheaper products doing the same let me know when one finds that, I've tried tons and nothing has made them at least vanish from sight like this one. And who knows had I not gotten sick and stopped using it twice a day, then I might be saying it works permanent..but at least so far thats not the case.
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I NEED SOME OF THIS STUFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I got this tip from a woman on another forum and I am not sure if it works. She mixed Retin A with Neova copper peptides and applies that around her lips every night. She said in 2 weeks I would notice a difference. I am going to try this and see.

Did you ever do this and did it help? I saw that you later wrote that you had Resty injections, but I wasn't sure if you did that a while ago or recently. TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |